• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

For those of you who think Mac is a blind hater

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
I was just talking to my uncle, who was my high school basketball team's HC, and in 3 years took us from being a 5 win team to the state's final four. He has over 20 years of coaching experience in NE Ohio at the high school level. He's also a die hard Buckeye fan. Anyway, he's seen Dallas Lauderdale play twice this year in person, and he told me that if he plays a minute next year he'll be shocked. He's not any good, and he couldn't believe the Buckeyes offered him a scholarship. He went on to say that with the kid's attitude he'd likely be off the team by the end of year one. :(

Mac has said Lauderdale is trash all along, and has taken a lot of heat for it. Now, that is not to say that Mac's not a hater, we all know he is :chuckles: , but you can hate and still make accurate evaluations.

Btw, it wasn't all bad news. My uncle has seen Koufos play many times in his high school career, and he says he's a fantastic player. He says that him playing beside Oden (hope, hope) would just be scary.

Well Im outnumbered. :chuckles:

I obvisouly havent seen the guy play, but putting up 40 a game is tough to do.

I said the same thing man,nobody has believed me and mac.

cavincali said:
Well Im outnumbered. :chuckles:

I obvisouly havent seen the guy play, but putting up 40 a game is tough to do.

You are talking about Deibler, we are talking about Lauderdale, a post player from Solon.

If you want to see something that really shows how bad he is, he played fellow OSU recruit Kufos in the HS playoffs this year.

Kofus is an amazing player, he is like a Dirk. 7 footer that can shoot, but just like Dirk, he isn't ever going to be heralded for his defense.

Lauderdale mustered like 9 points and 7 boards in a regional championship type game. The guy sucks....flat out. He is a monster athlete, but he just doesn't have the tools to play Big Ten basketball man.

A Mac aka The Truth said:
You are talking about Deibler, we are talking about Lauderdale, a post player from Solon.

If you want to see something that really shows how bad he is, he played fellow OSU recruit Kufos in the HS playoffs this year.

Kofus is an amazing player, he is like a Dirk. 7 footer that can shoot, but just like Dirk, he isn't ever going to be heralded for his defense.

Lauderdale mustered like 9 points and 7 boards in a regional championship type game. The guy sucks....flat out. He is a monster athlete, but he just doesn't have the tools to play Big Ten basketball man.

Ok. This make more sense, Kofus was the guy I thought you were saying sucked earlier. But the reports I had heard was that he was a stud. Its slowly coming around. :thumbup:

The world needs ditch diggers too.

That's what Luaderdale will be at OSU. He won't be asked to schore, but to provide Matt Terwillegar type minutes of defense and rebounding.

Mac would make a lovely addition to the Chappelle Skit "Playa Hatas Ball"

Good call though if indeed you are correct, but I trust Thad so hopefully we aren't relying on this guy for 30+mpg maybe as just a guy to come in and fly around like Gerald Wallace was with the Kings..

A Mac aka The Truth said:

My uncle was at the Lauderdale/Kufos game. He said Kufos ate him alive.

Style said:
My uncle was at the Lauderdale/Kufos game. He said Kufos ate him alive.

That's because Lauderdale does shit when he goes up agaisnt real competition... He gets his stats agaisnt crappy teams or crappy post players...

Lauderdale would never guard a player like Koufos out on the perimeter. They are totally different players. I would expect Koufos to eat him alive.

I think you guys have to realize that Lauderdale is a role player at the next level. He should do well playing defense and rebounding. If you can convince me otherwise, then you have a point about him being a waste. The team can't be all stars and scorers. You need guys like Lauderdale and Lighty to win championships.

I know what you're saying Hurl, but from what I'm hearing Lauderdale isn't good enough to be the towel boy, let alone a contributing role player. He makes Twig look like Karl Malone.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."