• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Free Agency Rumors

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

daytripper

Miracle of Richfield
Reaction score
Yeah I know the draft comes first but I found this free agency tidbit at the end of a Sporting News article. Apparently the Cavs may have some interest in chasing Earl Clark in Free Agency:

Cleveland’s top priority in free agency will be bolstering the power forward spot, where Speights’ price will be too high. One of their top targets to fill the spot, a source said, is the Lakers’ Earl Clark, who played well last year (7.3 points and 5.5 rebounds) after a stint in China and would be interested in signing with Cleveland. Clark earned $1.2 million last year.

The Cavaliers also need to add a backup point guard, and they were pleased enough with the play of Shaun Livingston to warrant bringing him back, should his price not be overwhelming. Jarrett Jack would be an ideal fit, but his price also will be too high. The Cavs could get some good value, though, out of the likes of C.J. Watson or Darren Collison.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...s-no-1-pick-nerlens-noel-alex-len-otto-porter

Yup, we really need to bolster our PF position....It's not like we have glaring gaping holes at other positions. We need another PF.

Yup, we really need to bolster our PF position....It's not like we have glaring gaping holes at other positions. We need another PF.

We currently have one long term PF on our roster in Tristan. We have 4 draft picks, 20 million in cap space, trades that can be made and you get bent out of shape over a guy suggesting we look at a long athletic stretch 4 in Clark for 3-5 million a year? What's going on over there?

We currently have one long term PF on our roster in Tristan. We have 4 draft picks, 20 million in cap space, trades that can be made and you get bent out of shape over a guy suggesting we look at a long athletic stretch 4 in Clark for 3-5 million a year? What's going on over there?

I don't have a problem with Earl Clark at all.

I have a problem with stating that our biggest priority in Free Agency is backup PF.

I might be crazy but I think Clark could start at the 3, then bring Gee in. If i remember right he tested very athletic which is why he went late lotto to PHX a few years ago.

(not saying that we would be in good shape if Clark and Gee are our SF, just saying he can play the 3)

I might be crazy but I think Clark could start at the 3, then bring Gee in. If i remember right he tested very athletic which is why he went late lotto to PHX a few years ago.

(not saying that we would be in good shape if Clark and Gee are our SF, just saying he can play the 3)

Clark spent a lot of time at the 3 this year with the Lakers. That's the position i'd assume he'd play for the Cavs......

Depending on what happens on draft night, it very well could be.

And if i was married to kate upton my life would kick ass. The article isnt based one some remote possibility tristangets traded. Its based on the here and now, and there is way on this earth anyone thinks PF is our biggest need. It was dumb of the guy to write it.

And if i was married to kate upton my life would kick ass. The article isnt based one some remote possibility tristangets traded. Its based on the here and now, and there is way on this earth anyone thinks PF is our biggest need. It was dumb of the guy to write it.

Relax, I didn't even read the article, I was just making a comment. Still doesn't change the fact that our current backup PF is going to opt out if we take a big 1st overall.

really, it's based on the writer's assumption of what the cavs will do on draft night, with free agency as a supplement thereafter.

Sam The Bullshit Whisperer ‏@SamAmicoFSO 1m
Yes. They seem to be quite interested. RT @JShikner: any truth to the earl Clark rumors for the cavs?

Word is getting out that the Thunder are going to amnesty Perkins, let Kevin Martin walk, and take that money and sign Andrew Bynum. I guess it sounds good in theory, but Bynum is such a mess. Having anything at center would be huge for OKC.

Kevin Martin would be a good bench guy at a short term and the right price(around the MLE). I know he can't defend or anything, but bench scoring would be great.

Word is getting out that the Thunder are going to amnesty Perkins, let Kevin Martin walk, and take that money and sign Andrew Bynum. I guess it sounds good in theory, but Bynum is such a mess. Having anything at center would be huge for OKC.

Thats no where near enough space to sign Bynum. There at 68 without Martin already.

Kevin Martin would be a good bench guy at a short term and the right price(around the MLE). I know he can't defend or anything, but bench scoring would be great.

He's going to command a lot more than the MLE. If this happens, I could see Milwaukee going after him, esp if they're going to build around Iversons 1/2 talented twin (not saying they should, just saying I could see them do it with Monta opting out, Red dick being a FA,

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."