• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 3 | Magic (1-1) @ Cavs (2-0) | Saturday, October 21, 2017 | 8:00 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'mWithDan

"Straight Cash Homie"
Reaction score
Probable Starters

game_thread_template_cavs.jpg

game_thread_template_magic.jpg

Key Players

game_thread_template_matchup.jpg

Team Style

game_thread_template_team_compare.jpg

Predictions

game_thread_template_win_probability.jpg

Last edited:
The Magic look mean this season. Gotta be careful.

Rose is out, correct?
yeah lue said calderon will start. I expect we will see a lot of LBJ and 2 wings of korver wade jr and shump though for most of the second half. Payton cant really shoot so its not the worst match up for jose. that ankle sprain on rose might take a week or so to heal i think

What does PIE stand for?

What does PIE stand for?

The PIE formula compiles everything a single player does in a game -- points scored, rebounds, blocks, missed free throws etc. -- and weighs that number against the same stats generated by everyone in that same game. For the mathematically-minded, the individual player’s stats are the numerator (top) of this equation and the cumulative stats of everyone in the game are the denominator (bottom). The formula then computes a percent value for each player which gives us, in laymen’s terms, the percentage of positive things attributable to that player in that game.

http://masseybasketball.blogspot.com/2013/07/player-impact-estimate.html

NBA.com distills it down to a team rating but it's just measuring how efficient teams have been at a player level. For context, GSW had a PIE rating around 58 for the season last year. Through two games, the Cavs are #6 in the league at 56.3.

Last edited:
The PIE formula compiles everything a single player does in a game -- points scored, rebounds, blocks, missed free throws etc. -- and weighs that number against the same stats generated by everyone in that same game. For the mathematically-minded, the individual player’s stats are the numerator (top) of this equation and the cumulative stats of everyone in the game are the denominator (bottom). The formula then computes a percent value for each player which gives us, in laymen’s terms, the percentage of positive things attributable to that player in that game.

http://masseybasketball.blogspot.com/2013/07/player-impact-estimate.html

NBA.com distills it down to a team rating but it's just measuring how efficient teams have been at a player level. For context, GSW had a PIE rating around 58 for the season last year. Through two games, the Cavs are #6 in the league at 56.3.

200w.webp

Think there's a chance to see Cedi tonight. Rose is out, it's a second night of a B2B and Orlando is quite crap.

Looks like every team tanking from the get go. This draft is going to be one of the strongest in a decade atleast.

Let's hope the Nets trade some players soon.

Looks like every team tanking from the get go. This draft is going to be one of the strongest in a decade atleast.

Let's hope the Nets trade some players soon.
Nets will make the playoffs because they are 1 of like 3 teams in the East who don't benefit from tanking. Us and the Wizards (lol) are the only ones who should be playing for the Finals

Nets don't own their pick

Therefore they will be the 3 seed!!!!

Nets will make the playoffs because they are 1 of like 3 teams in the East who don't benefit from tanking. Us and the Wizards (lol) are the only ones who should be playing for the Finals

Nets don't own their pick

Therefore they will be the 3 seed!!!!

As a Wizard I gotta take your word for it. So far it seems like the NBA really pushing the Wizards to the top of the eastern conference. They should have lost both the game against Philly and Detroit. Some really suspect officiating in both games.

Since the Celtics are no longer in contention to reach the finals, Wizards seem like a fair alternative.

As a Wizard I gotta take your word for it. So far it seems like the NBA really pushing the Wizards to the top of the eastern conference. They should have lost both the game against Philly and Detroit. Some really suspect officiating in both games.

Since the Celtics are no longer in contention to reach the finals, Wizards seem like a fair alternative.
Yeah don't get me wrong the Wizards stand like a 4% chance against the Cavs if everything breaks right for them, but they're the next in line to try and you can't have a conference with only one team trying lol

The Nets Wizards round 2 matchup will be an interesting one

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."