• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game #38 Cleveland Cavaliers (25-12) @ Boston Sucks (30-12) Jan 3rd 2018 8pm tip

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adam

Reading and reacting
Reaction score
2017-Cleveland-Cavaliers-logo-design.png

VS
2014-celtics-3d-logo-170x95.png

At the TD garden
Watch on FSOhio
Listen on WTAM1100

Your Cleveland Cavaliers!!!
101181.png

Point guard: Cultural Calderon: 6ppg 48% from 3 in December. 3 surprising defensive plays per game. Here to make RCF eat crow
2747.png

Shooting Guard: JR Smith. 7.3ppg 39%FG in december. Possibly the worst he has ever played in his career defensively
2544.png

Everything everywhere: Lebron James 27.5ppg 8.2rpg 10.3apg more passive aggressive than a 13 year old stepdaughter. Now shooting 80% from the line last month but only 6.6 attempts. Dude got beat up last night and now has to play against Boston refs. Being the GOAT aint easy
201567.png

Should be power forward: Kevin Love. 22ppg 10rpg 46%3pt 86%FT. The most un-electrifying star in the NBA gets roasted on the regular at RCF. does the little things well (apart from his ceremonial missed layup every game) never complains. 22ppg on 15 FGA is pretty darn impressive, just dont mention his 0.5stl and 0.3blk
203109.png

Should be 6th man: Jae Crowder. 8.2ppg 2.9rpg in December . Starting to settle in to the game of standing in the corner, defense is improving as well. Playing him at the 4 just constantly reminds me that he is the height of a 2 guard from the 90's. Both literal and metaphorical blue collars in place in the photo. Will IT's return spark him? seemed to last night

CAVS BENCH

101112.png
201145.png
2594.png
1626224.png
2548.png
1627790.png

Injuries: IT (rest) SHUMP?? (usual) Rose (everything)

Boston Cockmonkeys

images

Byrie: 26.7ppg 4.6apg (stupidly good shooting percentages) in December. I love his circus moves, hate his science and hope he fall on his face tonight. still only 4FTA a game destroys the whole boston NBA refs conspiracy thing

images

Jaylen Brown: 13.5ppg 4.9 rpg 42.1%3pt (on 4.4 attempts, which seems too high) Google jaylen brown and all the talk is about his short shorts, not his strangely neat eyebrows. Strong possibility of him back door cutting JR and getting a nice dunk tonight
images

Jayson Tatum: 14ppg 45%3pt in december (again stupidly good for a rook) Seems like the real deal and super smooth

boston-celtics-marcus-morris-washington-wizards-122517.jpg

Marcus Morris: 8.7ppg 4.7rpg in December. Just a bit of a douche

618469610[1].jpg

Al Horford: 13.3 ppg 7.6rpg Seriously crashing down to earth in december the guy who helped TT make a stupidly large amount of bank. Mr Soft himself.

Injuries: Hayward: ouch! jaylen brown has a sore knee, but I expect him to play.

Game thoughts.

Celtics are heavily favored to win this one by ESPN, cavs on a second night of a back to back might come out tired and lackadaisical (well that's most nights anyway)
Celts are a good defensive team but have struggled offensively especially with smart and rozier shooting 39% for December.

Cavs need to rape them on the glass and get the right people taking the shots, celtics always play hard but if they can encourage kyrie to play 1 on 5 early and prevent the rest of the team from getting a rhythm it should help the cavs win the game. first team to 110 wins.
prediction: kyire will look to shake bron in an iso and succeed only to get twatted by JR who gets a Tech

tenor.gif

images
images
images

images

Going to be a tough game tonight after playing last night but I expect our players to be well up for it!! Lets Go Cavs!

It's a far bigger game for Boston tonight.... if we beat them tonight on the 2nd night of a back to back without IT (knowing hell be back for rest of season / playoffs.... they are missing Hayward but he's done for this season).... that will hurt them big time if we win .

I see two possible outcomes tonight:

1) We are clearly outplayed and lose
2) LeBron plays his ass off, makes an MVP statement and we win

I also see two things:

1. We win
2. We lose

So what is the over/under predictions for Kyrie tonight? I'm gonna set the o/u at 37 points. Do you think Kyrie will score more or less than 37 tonight?

Will also be interesting to see how the Cavs defend him. Hard doubles or let him isolate....

Man, ESPN is REALLY gassing up this game. Pretty funny, honestly.

Would love to be at the shoot around..you know the Cavgs don't want to lose to Irving and the Celts in their barn..yeah thats what their dome looks like..a barn.
Hope they suck it up and put them down and ruin everyone's night in Bevis and Butthead town.

This game doesn't have the same emotion as the first one. Lebron will probably bring it just to stick it to Irving, but will be a tough one on the second night of a B2B w/out IT.

If we could just get one of those streaky JR games where he gets hot from 3 it would be huge, need that strong start and 3rd scorer to put the Celtics on their heels.

I think our starting lineup today should be Calderon (uh oh...)/Crowder/LeBron/Love/Tristan. Wade/JR/Korver/Green/Frye off the bench while peppering in Osman. Doesn't matter if that's changing the staring lineup. Should be a fluid roster depending on matchups and you don't want Boston to get off to a hot start. Especially not Horford

Kinda hoping JR missed the flight, but he'll be a no show at the game in any event.

Why has Boston played 5 more games than us?

We shouldn't be 2.5 back, but we lost a lot of stupid games around the holidays. A LOT.

Tatum leads the league in 3-point shooting, I was surprised to find out.

Kyrie increased his scoring average from about 21 ppg to about 25 ppg in a little over a month, I think. I don't think it has made his TEAM better.

Oh, and Boston can eat a dick sandwich on rye.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."