• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 75 Sixers @ Cavs March 31st 2017 7:30pm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adam

Reading and reacting
Reaction score
cavschamps.jpg

(47-27)
vs
5ea3749ed6ec804661f3bc82372e4402.jpg

(28-47) soo close to palidromic records

At the Q
7:30pm tip

Fox Sports Ohio
WTAM 1100 / 100.7 WMMS / 87.7 FM (ESP)

The Champs (in order of importance)

82d0cc7bd76533c5c6e5ce5eb02871ea.jpg

Lebron

panini-authentic-kyrie-champ-blog.jpg

Kyrie

kevin-love.jpg

Kevin
trophy-homecoming-160620-19.jpg

Swish

062216CavsParade15HH-M.jpg

"Tristram"

The Bench Bunch
1627770.png
101112.png
2210.png
2592.png
202732.png
202697.png
2594.png
202336.png
202682.png
101114.png

Then Anti-Champs

1626158.png

Richaun Holmes

203967.png

Saric

203496.png

Covington

204456.png

TJ Mcconnell

1627789.png

Timothe

Bench

201573.png
1626147.png
201168.png
200771.png
201945.png
1627848.png
1626143.png
203138.png
203917.png

Injuries: Obviously Simmons and Embiid, Covington questionable

Normally i would do a breakdown of things to look for but today i will just say i have no idea what the cavs will do. If anyone finds a bottle of MJ's secret stuff please drop it off at the Q

I believe his name is “Tristchin”, as AC likes to call it.

We just can't win a game anymore. It's almost amazing really.

This is gonna be rock bottom. We are gonna get blown out by this team and then who the hell knows what happens. Book it.

Cavaliers enter this game 6-10 for March.
Sixers enter this game 6-10 for March.

Sixers won in Chicago a week ago.

Sixers will have at most nine players for the game. Embiid and Simmons out of course. Robert Covington, Jahlil Okafor and Sergio Rodriguez all missed the trip. Nerlens Noel was traded away. Tiago Splitter is still hurt.

There's no reason the Sixers should win, but it's not impossible. Oddly enough, the Sixers fan base is excited about this team because Saric is playing well (although inconsistently), Holmes has been a positive surprise and the team is somehow winning games despite the massive number of injuries. They know this year is done, but with Simmons and Embiid (maybe) coming back healthy plus a lottery pick, there is hope for the future. Sam Hinkie has become a Philly martyr because the fan base believes he's the greatest tank commander since Erwin Rommel or George Patton.

Brett Brown is a good coach with a ton of heart and smarts. I'd hire him in a minute.

So Sixers will enter this game with no fear and smelling blood. A win for the Sixers would be huge for the franchise and the fans, reinforcing the optimism for the future. And if they lose, no shame in that given the injuries and the fact that the Cavaliers are still the defending champs.

As for our team -- this should be an opportunity to build some confidence, but it's also a chance to be humiliated at home and further erode morale.

In other words, this game scares the hell out of me.

Well worth checking out the comments to this column on Philly.com -- The notoriously critical Philly fan base loves this team and respects the win improvement despite so much adversity.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ted_Sixers_have_overachieved___Brookover.html

Depleted Sixers have overachieved | Bob Brookover
Updated: MARCH 30, 2017 — 9:10 AM EDT

Brett Brown painted a pretty picture before his team's 75th game of the season Wednesday night against the Atlanta Hawks and it was not easy considering how few bristles the 76ers coach has left on his brush at this late stage of the season.

"This team has fought in a higher weight class all year," Brown said before describing how proud he is of a team that has a chance to get to 30 victories if it could win two of its final seven games.

The total remained at 28 after the depleted Sixers lost, 99-92, to the Hawks.

Thirty wins, of course, is a modest total in a lot of NBA cities, but it would be three times more than a year ago and 11 more than any of Brown's first three seasons as the head coach.

"I don't know if we can [get to 30]," Brown said. "A lot is going to depend on the health. Right now I'm sitting in front of you with 71/2 players."

Therein lies the beauty of this 76ers season.

Thirty wins with a healthy Joel Embiid would have been expected, especially if he continued to flash the form that helped carry the team through a 10-5 January before checking out of the lineup for good after just 31 games with a left knee injury that required surgery. Maybe 35 or even 40 wins would have been possible if first overall pick Ben Simmons had not checked out for the season with the foot injury he suffered in training camp.

Instead, the worst possible scenarios kept unfolding for Brown and the 76ers and still they remained respectable, competitive and worth watching. The 76ers went 13-18 with Embiid on the court and they are 15-29 without him. They are also 7-13 since the trade-deadline departures of Nerlens Noel and Ersan Ilyasova, the two guys you probably thought they could least afford to lose after Embiid and Simmons.

"If the season were to end today, this group has exceeded expectations all over the place and we will reap the benefit of that spirit and that attitude and that excitement with a very, very calculated and disciplined summer," Brown said. "This was completely a launching pad to catapult us into a very progressive and very detailed summer. That is where we're going to make our money."

Brown is such a good salesman he could probably convince an Atlantic City lifeguard he needed more sand and water in his life, but there is some merit to what he is peddling at the end of this season. Some would argue that the 76ers are messing everything up by winning when they should be losing and lining up for a better position in the draft lottery. Brown, on the other hand, sees the merits of victories, which are the very point of everything.

"It's just the real-time reminder that collective effort and collective mind-sets trump individual stuff," the coach said. "Let's just use our starters as examples."

By starters, he meant the five guys who opened Wednesday night's game on the court. That group consisted of Justin Anderson, Dario Saric, Richaun Holmes, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, and T.J. McConnell. The hobbled bench was shorter than Spud Webb.

Saric, who emerged as the leading candidate for rookie of the year after Embiid's season-ending injury, is the only guy likely to still be in the starting lineup if and when the Sixers ever reach the playoffs again.

That, however, should not diminish the value of what the others have done this season.

"T.J. has had a heck of a year and has improved," Brown said. "Timothe Luwawu has had a heck of a year and improved. Go back to what Robert [Covington] has done. Dario, as we've said, how can the rookie of the year not go through Philadelphia? That speaks for itself.

"Look at what Shawn Long has done since he has come back into this. Nik Stauskas is now a point guard and was a plus-10 [Tuesday] night and has had a heck of a year. And Gerald Henderson statistically has had his best year in the NBA. There's not anybody you'd say, 'Wow, he had a rough year this year.' Not any of them."

Well, let's not forget about Jahlil Okafor.

But it is true what Brown said about the others. To a man, they have exceeded expectations, and from that group could come the roster depth needed to build an NBA contender.

"I feel like the excitement of this group overachieving is going to better let me set the table," Brown said.

Of course, if Embiid, Simmons, and the 2017 first-round draft pick do not show up at that table healthy and ready to play from the start next season, the roster depth that Brown and his coaching staff built this season will have little meaning. That is a scenario Brown is unwilling to envision near the end of a season that has revved his coaching engine. He much prefers painting the prettier picture even when so many bristles have fallen from his brush.

Man, how am I jealous of Philly? A team with a good coach and sone young players who, if healthy, will be a force in a few seasons. Meanwhile most of our guys are going to be in wheelchairs due to old age in like 5 years... Our team needs to completely reevaluate their stance on young players because if they want to not give a fuck during the regular season with LeBron here, they might as well put in young guys who can develop through the year. That would be so much better than tossing in the corpse of Frye and Jefferson expecting them to give us meaningful minutes during the game. I want to get into a situation where they are able to record a podcast on the bench because they don't even have to stand up...

I'm hoping we get rid of Lue and trade Love and JR (or Shump) for a young center, power forward and shooting guard who aren't superstars but young guys who can produce. Trading with the Lakers or the Blazers would be ideal.

I hope all of you guys are being sarcastic/joking but the Cavs should definitely win tonight. It’s a home game too. If we don’t win the situation is far more dire than any of us thought.

Holmes and Okafor are going to eat us alive. And Saric is probably going take a shat on Love as well.

I hope all of you guys are being sarcastic/joking but the Cavs should definitely win tonight. It’s a home game too. If we don’t win the situation is far more dire than any of us thought.
Sixers coming off two days rest, Cavs on a back to back after only playing 8 guys. LeBron will be dead by the 3rd quarter. Everyone is going to be tired. Are we expecting a role player to step up for the first time in forever? Is Kevin Love ever going to play like an All-Star again? Is Kyrie going to get over himself and this silly mini "slump" ?

I fully expect a loss tonight.

If we don’t win the situation is far more dire than any of us thought.

Maybe you. They suck. They are currently one of the worst teams in the league. Its as dire as it gets already.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."