• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Glen Rice JR waived by Wizards

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kizzle

All-Star
Reaction score
Would like to see if anyone has any info on this kid. I remember a big lovefest for him during the draft. Maybe he was cut because of Butler's emergence. Or maybe hes a bad player now. Id like to hear from anyone with current info on his game. does he defend?

I would take him if we didn't have Smith or Shumpert.

He's a guard right? If so, we really don't have any need for him.

Idk how realistic or possible this is but if there was any way to get rid of Smith (whether waiving him or trading him or whatever) and pick up Glen Rick JR I'd do that in a heartbeat. I live in MD so I watch the Wizards a lot, I'm familiar with the team. This guy can hoop, he just went to a Washington team with too many wing players. He's a scorer with a great jumper and length. I think he has his own issues as well which is why he dropped in the draft, but he's not nearly the potential disruption that JR is.

All in all, I'd take a chance on him.

Reactions: mhi
Agreed, again he did a good job filling in for Beal when he was out. And we've got the roster spot.

Hoping we could give him a chance as well but I don't see it. We're loaded on the position as well.

Agreed, again he did a good job filling in for Beal when he was out. And we've got the roster spot.

As in this year? And his -3.6 PER and .312 TS% in 43 minutes played for the year? He did a good job filling in for Beal doing that?

Hoping we could give him a chance as well but I don't see it. We're loaded on the position as well.

Are we though? We don't know which version of JR we just got, Iman is out for the next 2 weeks at least, Miller & Jones can't defend.

I think Rice would be a low-risk high-reward pickup.

Are we though? We don't know which version of JR we just got, Iman is out for the next 2 weeks at least, Miller & Jones can't defend.

I think Rice would be a low-risk high-reward pickup.

Yeah well we're saving up that extra space for O'Neal or some other mercenary center. I doubt GRJR would even get playing time even as talented as he is.

As in this year? And his -3.6 PER and .312 TS% in 43 minutes played for the year? He did a good job filling in for Beal doing that?

Ahh you're right, I was thinking of Garrett Temple.

Idk how realistic or possible this is but if there was any way to get rid of Smith (whether waiving him or trading him or whatever) and pick up Glen Rick JR I'd do that in a heartbeat. I live in MD so I watch the Wizards a lot, I'm familiar with the team. This guy can hoop, he just went to a Washington team with too many wing players. He's a scorer with a great jumper and length. I think he has his own issues as well which is why he dropped in the draft, but he's not nearly the potential disruption that JR is.

All in all, I'd take a chance on him.
no

Last edited:
In case Shumpert or Smith don't pan out.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."