• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

GPS / Bluetooh Question

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jonmchugh

In the Rotation
Reaction score
hello, my wife's car was stolen last night. it is a 2013 Ford Escape. we filed the police report and everything but that probably won't lead any where. Her car is equipped with Microsoft's Ford Sync System through Bluetooth. Is there any way that we could somehow use the Bluetooth on a car like a GPS to locate the car? Thanks.

hello, my wife's car was stolen last night. it is a 2013 Ford Escape. we filed the police report and everything but that probably won't lead any where. Her car is equipped with Microsoft's Ford Sync System through Bluetooth. Is there any way that we could somehow use the Bluetooth on a car like a GPS to locate the car? Thanks.

Not unless the thief has (1) the car within a few hundred feet; and (2) the car is on.

So in short; no.

Check with your dealer though, since some 2013 Ford models have anti-theft countermeasures, including OnStar. My last Mustang had an anti-theft GPS system that wasn't OnStar, but did have GPS built in.

BTW, there is a high probability your car will be recovered; just not in the same condition you left it in.

Personally, if I were you, and you have good credit, I'd rather not have my car recovered after being stolen if it was in any worse condition. I'd prefer to get the insurance payout and buy something else. Unfortunately though, a 2013 Ford Escape is more of a hassle than a payout since you'll likely not be upgrading from that year/model (good recent year, good model).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."