• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Grand Theft Auto V

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Grand_Theft_Auto_V_box_art.jpg

Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Release Date: September 17th, 2013
Platforms: XBOX 360 and PS3 confirmed; discussions still in place for PC and Wii-U

Grand Theft Auto V is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game being developed by Rockstar North in the United Kingdom and published by Rockstar Games. The game will be the first major title in the Grand Theft Auto series since Grand Theft Auto IV (2008), and a continuation of the fictional universe that was introduced in that game. The 15th game in the series overall, GTA V is to be set in fictional Los Santos in the state of San Andreas and its surrounding areas, based on modern-day Los Angeles and Southern California. A rendition of Los Santos was previously featured as one of three cities in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, released in 2004.

According to Rockstar, Grand Theft Auto V is destined to be their biggest open world game to date. The game will concentrate on "the pursuit of the almighty dollar". For the first time in the Grand Theft Auto series, GTA V will feature three playable protagonists.

Multiplayer

Multiplayer will feature "Crews" similar to Max Payne 3. The new Social Club functionality will connect play across multiple titles, starting with Max Payne 3 and GTA V. By playing both games' multiplayer, crews that the player set up in one will be carried over to the other. GTA V will let players form private crews with friends, or join public crews. Players can be a member of up to five at the same time, and completing tasks as a crew will gain experience points for the player. In late 2012, Rockstar said that "refining open-world multiplayer into something really special" had been a huge focus in the development of GTA V.

Trailers

[video=youtube;QkkoHAzjnUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs[/video]

[video=youtube;Vzue74y7A84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84[/video]'

[video=youtube;Bf38HiYPMiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38HiYPMiI[/video]

Last edited:
They're saying the map will be bigger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead combined

Reserved a copy a couple days ago. Pretty excited.

I cant wait for this game. It gives me a nerd boner.

Would be cool if two people could play from the same system.

That's so far away. Bioshock Infinite has made me tired of waiting.

Aw. I was expecting a May release. Having to wait till September... that's the rest of the school year, all of the summer, and then more of school.

Ah well, GTA in September, NBA 2K14 in October, and Call of Duty: Insert Next Installment here in November.

I guess I could live with another 8 months of GTA IV

Not until FALL?

Da fuq...thought it was Spring...

wake me up when it's actually within 6 months

Not until FALL?

Da fuq...thought it was Spring...

wake me up when it's actually within 6 months

When I made this thread, I thought it was going to be Spring.

I'm in the same boat as you.

What I don't get.... GTA IV being released in September.
Now Sony is having a press conference in NYC Feb. 20 presumably to introduce the PS4...... why?

This year is flying for me so I'm not too upset about the September release. September will be here in no time. Really pumped though. I still play GTA IV from time to time just to fuck around and immerse myself in the world. Sometimes I get high and role play that I'm some hot shot assassin and I'll chase people down in my car until I pull them out of their car and gun them down.

Yeah, that's how gay I am.

This year is flying for me so I'm not too upset about the September release. September will be here in no time. Really pumped though. I still play GTA IV from time to time just to fuck around and immerse myself in the world. Sometimes I get high and role play that I'm some hot shot assassin and I'll chase people down in my car until I pull them out of their car and gun them down.

Yeah, that's how gay I am.

Sometimes I'll follow the rules of the road. I'll stop at red lights, go the speed limit, and even pretend to park my car and pretend to go somewhere. I'll even pretend to get gas.

:rolleyes:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."