• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hair Loss & You

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bigfoot5415

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I figured there was enough guys around here to answer my questions. I am 27 and have been experiencing hair loss the past few years. While it isn't nearly as bad as some my age, I would like to find a reliable solution to either slowing loss or regrowing hair...without getting plugs. Ive read articles & and reviews and haven't found a reliable answer.

Any products tried would be greatly appreciated? What has worked and what hasnt?

I figured this problem is something we could discuss.

Just shave your head, LeBron.

33, been losing hair for 10 years and finally need to get serious about treating it within the last 30 days.

everything ive read says that if you use minoxidil and take Finasteride you should at the very least super slow down hair loss, if not start to grow some new hair.

costco minoxidil (rogaine) the liquid form. its 15 dollars for a 6 month supply.

pros-its rogaine for super cheap.
cons-it seems to have a higher name brand accounts for allergic reactions (me for one)

Im going to go to the doctor at the end of the month and get a prescription for proscar (Finasteride). In hopes that helps. Also i just switched shampoos/conditioners to nioxin. Got a big bottle from amazon for 30 bucks.

good luck

I lost mine at 23. Just get married fast before it's too late.

33, been losing hair for 10 years and finally need to get serious about treating it within the last 30 days.

everything ive read says that if you use minoxidil and take Finasteride you should at the very least super slow down hair loss, if not start to grow some new hair.

costco minoxidil (rogaine) the liquid form. its 15 dollars for a 6 month supply.

pros-its rogaine for super cheap.
cons-it seems to have a higher name brand accounts for allergic reactions (me for one)

Im going to go to the doctor at the end of the month and get a prescription for proscar (Finasteride). In hopes that helps. Also i just switched shampoos/conditioners to nioxin. Got a big bottle from amazon for 30 bucks.

good luck
Any before & after pics? What does the prescription do?

Any before & after pics? What does the prescription do?
It blocks dht which binds to the hair folicals and stops the hair from growing.

Where as Rogaine stimulates growth of the hair focil. From what i remember the prescription and rogaine treat hairloss completely differently and just using one may not give you the results you are looking for.

What ive read is the prescription is super cheap to go with proscar assuming your health insurance is decent. Like 3 dollars a month.

I have a high forehead with unbelievably thick, coarse hair. I guess it's better than a low forehead with thinning hair and a bald spot?

Dunno.

I have a high forehead with unbelievably thick, coarse hair. I guess it's better than a low forehead with thinning hair and a bald spot?

Finally... It all makes sense.

pajama-boy-entitled.jpg

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."