• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Happy 20th Anniversary....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP

1997-98 Armco Heating & Cooling Hornet
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
To Fat Shawn Kemp !!!! Tho it's a few days away-- just wanted to take a moment and say Happy 20th Anniversary to the Shawn Kemp to the Cavs trade..

What a day of joy..A pivotal moment in our favorite team's history... I remember being thrilled of the news and then hearing he was signing a 7 year contract with the Cavs and I just knew we were on our way..

Of course getting the beginning stages of Fat Kemp's career only lead to the overall roster and franchise decay and left us eventually with players thrusted into The Legions Of Suck such as: Lari Ketner, Kornell David, Mark Hendrickson, Etdrick Bohannon, Larry Robinson, Chucky Brown, Chris Mihm, Brian Skinner, Jeff Trepaignier, Michael Doleac, Jumaine Jones, Milt Palacio, Smush Parker, DeSagana Diop, Tierre Brown etc...

All that hard work and effort lead into one of the worst ran organizations and unwatchable products in all of sports.....

Which lead to LeBron...

So I encourage you all at some point this upcoming week to stop at your favorite fast food chain once or twice a day, grab a bottle of Hennessy on the way home and rip those condoms off and have some unprotected sex and say ------Happy Anniversary Shawn Kemp to the Cavs trade...

BANG!

I really liked early fat Kemp. He had a more rounded game of you excuse the pun than reignman Kemp. Good times :)

How many kids were produced in that era?

That first year with semi-high All Star Kemp, lightning quick rookie Brevin Knight, Derek Anderson's ego, Ukraine Train drinking hard and fouling hard, glue guy Cedric Henderson, and rookie Z with two working feet was a fun team. They still had carry over from the Fratello era with vets in their prime Wes Person, Bobby Sura, and Danny Ferry when he wasn't sitting on his hands.

That first year with semi-high All Star Kemp, lightning quick rookie Brevin Knight, Derek Anderson's ego, Ukraine Train drinking hard and fouling hard, glue guy Cedric Henderson, and rookie Z with two working feet was a fun team. They still had carry over from the Fratello era with vets in their prime Wes Person, Bobby Sura, and Danny Ferry when he wasn't sitting on his hands.

did cedric henderson have the worst second year fall off in NBA history? it rings a bell that his future was bright then all of a sudden......not

did cedric henderson have the worst second year fall off in NBA history? it rings a bell that his future was bright then all of a sudden......not
No, he didnt. He never developed a shot. Once Kemp fell off the wagon, his uselessness on offense was completely exposed and he became a black hole. His big fall off was year 3, btw.

I killed with that team in NBA Live 98. Derek Anderson was unstoppable, Wes Person was a ruthless sniper, Z was a baby Hakeem, Kemp was an unstoppable dunk machine, Knight racked up 20 asssits a game... I had that team to 60 wins even before I traded for Roster Player and Keith Van Horn. Oh the good times...

You have to hand it to Embry, he took a big mighty swing for the fences as his last hurrah. Snagging Z, Anderson, and Knight in b2b drafts, pulling Wes Person (who I think would destroy in the current NBA), and having the guts to make that Kemp trade... Granted, the risk with Kemp proved true and he sucked them down the shitter, but it was a risk worth taking. It was too bad he handed off to one of the worst GMs in league history, Jim Paxson, because while the situation was rough with Kemp's contract it wasn't bleak. Crazy to think it was only LBJ who broke the cycle and kept them from moving.

No, he didnt. He never developed a shot. Once Kemp fell off the wagon, his uselessness on offense was completely exposed and he became a black hole. His big fall off was year 3, btw.
Thanks. Back then my only way of getting reliable Nba news was through a weekly magazine called 'slam dunk' as could afford dial up back then

I could have sworn the Cavs franchise started in 2003. Interesting.

Brings back memories of my pit-stain gold Champion Kemp jersey.

Shawn-Kemp-Cleveland-Cavaliers-Gold.jpg

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."