• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Heat Interested in Wagner

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Heat express interest in wagner.

By all means if they want to take Dajuan Wagner and use most of their MLE and give us a chance to sign Damon Jones I would no doubt love that even possibly do a S&T Wagner and Jones are both unrestricted. Damon isn't our first option but we need to get somone and it's not like he is a bad point guard he did play for Miami after all and would go off for 25 points when he would get good looks at the 3. Ferry needs to decide whether we can sign Marko for 3.5 outright or execute a S&T. I'd like to offer him something soon and be the first to go as far as to offer something because that would score points for him and Duffy and show that we want to win and want him to be a part of this all. And if we were to offer something sooner rather then later then it would pay off in the pursuit of Stoudamire, Jones, and Watson.

Wagner would cost the Heat just the veterans minimum. None of the MLE will be used on Wagner! No risk play by Miami.

Dang..I dont see why they would want him though they have Wade,Butler, Dorrell and are trying for Damon Jones or Stoudamire...doesn't really make sense to me.

Wagner could probably learn a thing or two from Dwayne Wade. Because Wagner is pretty much a very poor mans version of him.

Yea he is. The Heat definitly need someone to replace Damon Jones. And Wagner is definitly the cheapest thing you can get to replace him.

he'll be easy to defend-- as the defender you just need to move to your left- cause this kid is going right...

The Heat might see Wagner as a similar player to Woods. Relatively high reward and some risk, but all at a cheap price. I'm a firm believer Wagner can learn to dribble with his left hand. Becoming a great shooter or something like that is a skill/talent that is hard to gain if you don't already have some talent in the area. But dribbling is very learnable. On the flip side, Wagner needs to become the same player he was his rookie season from a mental standpoint. The Heat have a good organization and have shown they can ressurrect people's careers (think of Keyon Dooling, obviously talented but struggled early on like Wagner).

From what I heard Wagner still isnt even healthy enough to play yet. I guess if hes recovered it couldnt hurt the heat to give him the min. if they want to take the chance on him. I still think he'll a decent backup one day.

I guess it wouldn't be that bad of a thing for the Heat to do.. They will get him really cheap and like Infante mention he is a poor mans Wade. If Wade can teach him some stuff he can become a good player.. He does have the skills to be a decent NBA player.

I remember his rookie year all the Iverson comparisons and he used to go off for 34 all the time and stuff..then he got injured and never got another starting gig...shame too he can fill it up from all over the court behind the line a floater jumpshots above the rim..

yeah he was the one guy who would nail that 3 as a rook.i still feel bad for him and what he has gone through.i wish him the best and hope he can stay healthy one day and become the star people thought he would be.

Miami wants Wagner? LMAO, have him. Not like he'll be able to do anything. You'll just be wasting 700k. Miami would be better off signing me with that 700k, atleast I can play basketball.

I cant believe all the ill-will towards Wagner.

What has he ever done to any Cavalier fan to be hated so much?? Just because he was drafted high and had a series of some serious bad luck???

Give the kid a break, it wasnt his fault he couldnt live up to his draft status, you cant predict injuries, illness and family problems.

Some of you people seriously make me sick.

He wont be here next year, wish him some luck and move on. You people act like he is Bin Laden and he tried to destroy Cleveland.

yes thank you...people are pissed at him because him b/c his body cant stay healthy...he had tons of diff. reasons which have nothing to do with ur work ethic...dehydration,bladder probs...kidney probs...like mac said the dude nothing wrong but work his ass off trying to be a star.he came in with people expecting a lot of good and when he went down people jumped on him.Now diop is a diff. story he never came all in shape and built up like he could have.Wagner has been the same way and i feel the same way,he shouldnt be dawged out b/c he was working hard to come back.Now i really hope he becomes that star to shut a lot of people up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."