• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Help non NCAA fans beat their secretaries:March Madness Tourney Advice? Or Good site?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KeyzerSozee

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
Ok. I started the bracket at work.

I HATE college basketball. IMO the skill level is just so inferior to the pros, so I never watch.

I am going to have no clue. I don't want to be another guy that loses to the receiptionists (work at law firm).

So I was wondering if anyone has been following the season. Or even more than that, if anyone knows a good site that has stats well presented. For example I won in a pickem nfl league this year. I read like 3 PHD dissertations about NFL gambling, and found a staticians site. I had no clue what the calculus they were talking about meant but I understood the conclusions. SO that was helpful (if interested it is that there is about a 10% bias (for the handicap) in favor of "elite" teams at home against road underdogs. I almost always then (we picked 5) picked road underdogs and was about 60%. Also, another paper showed herd mentality is actually the OPPOSITE of where you want to bet. I.e. if the line is 7 and moves to 5, you should still go with the favorite even though the dog is getting momentum (why Idk why it works but it does, I suppose vegas makes money and know what they're doing).

My hope was that someone may post something to give idiots like me (who only care about players the cavs might get) some insight. In exchange for those tips, heh.

Re: Help non NCAA fans beat their secretaries:March Madness Tourney Advice? Or Good s

I HATE college basketball. IMO the skill level is just so inferior to the pros, so I never watch.

I am going to have no clue. I don't want to be another guy that loses to the receiptionists (work at law firm).

So I was wondering if anyone has been following the season. Or even more than that, if anyone knows a good site that has stats well presented. For example I won in a pickem nfl league this year. I read like 3 PHD dissertations about NFL gambling, and found a staticians site. I had no clue what the calculus they were talking about meant but I understood the conclusions. SO that was helpful (if interested it is that there is about a 10% bias (for the handicap) in favor of "elite" teams at home against road underdogs. I almost always then (we picked 5) picked road underdogs and was about 60%. Also, another paper showed herd mentality is actually the OPPOSITE of where you want to bet. I.e. if the line is 7 and moves to 5, you should still go with the favorite even though the dog is getting momentum (why Idk why it works but it does, I suppose vegas makes money and know what they're doing).

My hope was that someone may post something to give idiots like me (who only care about players the cavs might get) some insight. In exchange for those tips, heh.

Choose the teams with the lower numbers left of their name. Most of it's luck, you can usually pick right in the first round and second round 70% of the time. Then its a crap shoot.

Also, wtf is with your avatar?

Re: Help non NCAA fans beat their secretaries:March Madness Tourney Advice? Or Good s

Research to see which team has the most african-americans on their team, and pick them to win.

Research to see which team has the most african-americans on their team, and pick them to win.

Ignore this post when evaluating BYU.

You_Dont_Say

Yeah I hate watching college kids hustle for the full game rather than watching NBA players walk up and down the court.

I really like Long Beach State this year... bunch of pimps.

I really like Long Beach State this year... bunch of pimps.

I love their jerseys. First time I saw them was in the Big West Championship. Casper Ware is a beast.

Speaking of Long Beach state, this is their bball stadium:
Walter_Pyramid.jpg

Speaking of Long Beach state, this is their bball stadium:
Walter_Pyramid.jpg

One of my fellow managers here went to Long Beach and his diploma has a picture of the stadium. He didnt even know memphis had a pyramid stadium too. West Coast is so not sports frenzy like midwest and east coast.

I prefer college ball over the pros. More fundamental, more team. Overall...better basketball.

UNC >>>>>>>>>

Kentucky is just too good this year.

Davis, MKG, Jones, Teague, Miller, and Lamb are all potential first round picks if they come out (Davis, MKG and Jones likely lottery).

Superior talent doesn't always win championships though - especially in a one and done format.

I prefer college ball over the pros. More fundamental, more team. Overall...better basketball.

That's the biggest myth with the NBA. In college you always see too many mistakes made by each team, ugly shots and ugly passes which makes me cringe. It just makes me say in my head "that mistake wouldn't have happened in the NBA." Then at the end college basketball always turns into a white boy 3 point contest. Until they add a defensive 3 seconds, an NBA three point line, and a shorter shot clock it's always going to suck.

here is a preview of the NCAA National Championship game:
Lj88v.gif

No matter how you pick, you need to report back about how much your secretary kicked your ass.

No matter how you pick, you need to report back about how much your secretary kicked your ass.

No matter what... if she picks the Shockers to go all the way, you hired the right secretary.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."