• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

How did I do? (Fantasy Football Draft)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ohiorulez

Analytics
Reaction score
I am in a 8 team league... and this is only my 2nd time doing Fantasy Football,
was just wondering how did on my draft, and what players to watch out for/hate...

1st round: Michael Vick, QB Eagles
2nd: Andre Johnson, WR Texans
3rd: Frank Gore, RB 49ers
4th: Steven Jackson, RB Rams
5th: Ahmad Bradshaw, RB Giants
6th: Jahvid Best, RB Lions
7th: Mike Williams, WR Bucs
8th: Ben Roethlisberger, QB Uknowho
9th: Vernon Davis, TE 49ers
10th: Mario Manningham, WR Giants
11th: Owen Daniels, TE Texans
12th: Saints D/ST
13th: Cedric Benson, RB Bungles
14th: Johnny Knox, WR Bears
15th: Michael Crabtree, WR 49ers
16th: Neil Rackers, K Texans

i also put Crabtree on the IR, and signed Kyle Orton, QB Broncos of the
Waivers...
how did i do? what players do you guys think are gonna be steals? busts?
thanks

Your team is solid. Manningham should do prettywell this year. I don't like Benson though...

I am in a 8 team league... and this is only my 2nd time doing Fantasy Football,
was just wondering how did on my draft, and what players to watch out for/hate...

1st round: Michael Vick, QB Eagles
2nd: Andre Johnson, WR Texans
3rd: Frank Gore, RB 49ers
4th: Steven Jackson, RB Rams
5th: Ahmad Bradshaw, RB Giants
6th: Jahvid Best, RB Lions
7th: Mike Williams, WR Bucs
8th: Ben Roethlisberger, QB Uknowho
9th: Vernon Davis, TE 49ers
10th: Mario Manningham, WR Giants
11th: Owen Daniels, TE Texans
12th: Saints D/ST
13th: Cedric Benson, RB Bungles
14th: Johnny Knox, WR Bears
15th: Michael Crabtree, WR 49ers
16th: Neil Rackers, K Texans

i also put Crabtree on the IR, and signed Kyle Orton, QB Broncos of the
Waivers...
how did i do? what players do you guys think are gonna be steals? busts?
thanks

Pretty solid across the board. If I were you, I'd look at trading Roethlisberger though. It's a waste of a roster spot to have a QB that's that good just sitting on the bench and it's not like you can play Vick at RB. Maybe offer for like a Shonn Greene or LeGarrette Blount. You have a pretty decent backup in Orton that would be a fine back-up plan should you need him. In an 8 team league, there's probably a Stafford, Bradford or Freeman still available if both Vick and Orton went down. Hell, worst case scenario Colt McCoy would be a nice backup.

I'd trade Roethlisberger to one of the teams that doesn't have one of Brady, Manning, Rivers, Brees or Rodgers. You could probably get a good RB out of him at best, and a very good WR at worst.

Alright my turn:

10 team standard league-

1- RB Michael Turner
2- RB Lesean McCoy
3- WR Hakeem Nicks
4- WR Desean Jackson
5- QB Matt Schaub
6- RB Benjarvus Green-Ellis
7- TE Owen Daniels
8- RB Beanie Wells
9- WR Steve Smith
10- Ravens D/ST
11- WR Lance Moore
12- RB LaDainian Tomlinson
13- WR Plaxico Burress
14- QB Matt Cassell
15- K Matt Bryant

I'm particularly interested in what people think of whether Beanie can run things in Arizona with Williams out. I'm also hoping one of either Steve Smith or Plaxico will work out. I'm assuming that for Plax it will take until at least week 4 to get any kind of return on him, so I see myself holding on to him unless he gets hurt. I'm hoping that one of either him or Steve Smith will surprise and put up above average WR numbers.

Thoughts?

Your team is solid. Manningham should do prettywell this year. I don't like Benson though...

Yeah, but I think that if Benson isn't suspended for longer than about 4 games, he should put up solid numbers. Anywhere higher than where he picked him probably would have been a mistake, but right around there is good IMO.

Last edited:
No IDPs? I play fantasy BECAUSE of the defensive players

hard to grade an 8 team league because everyone's team is usually stacked. Looks awesome to me, but I have to see the other teams.

Jiggy, cannot believe McCoy was your 2nd round pick. Steal. But Turner your #1? What draft position were you in? Otherwise, very solid. I'm not as high on Ellis as everyone else seems to be, but not a bad pick at that spot.

hard to grade an 8 team league because everyone's team is usually stacked. Looks awesome to me, but I have to see the other teams.

Jiggy, cannot believe McCoy was your 2nd round pick. Steal. But Turner your #1? What draft position were you in? Otherwise, very solid. I'm not as high on Ellis as everyone else seems to be, but not a bad pick at that spot.

I picked 7.

Foster, Peterson, Charles, Rice all went before me. So Chris Johnson, Mendenhall, Gore, McFadden, MoJo could have been other options at #7. MoJo and Gore made me nervous, so I eliminated them right off the bat.

The situation with Johnson's contract made me nervous enough to rationalize that Turner vs Johnson last year was a difference of 15 fantasy points (1 per week) in my league. Two QB's were gone before I picked, so I thought there'd be a run on QB's before my next pick, hoping one of Mendenhall, McCoy or McFadden would be available. Those were really the only guys I thought I might regret taking Turner over.

I was right on McCoy, remains to be seen on Turner vs. Johnson/Mendenhall/McFadden.

What's your concern with Turner? He should be as healthy as any other RB available at that point and he was a monster last year.

He has a pretty long injury history. Should have taken CJ at 7.

He has a pretty long injury history

I wouldn't really agree with that. His first two years in the league he had Tomlinson ahead of him and just wasn't getting to play. Once he started getting regular carries, 2009 was the only year where he missed games. In fact, he was even healthy for a bunch of playoff games in there too.

If I thought Chris Johnson wasn't at any risk to miss games, I'd snap him up. I've thought about trading for Mendenhall and McFadden. Would certainly look at Johnson though. Little bit of research has be hesitant on Turner now.

Last edited:
10 team standard league-

1- RB Michael Turner
2- RB Lesean McCoy
3- WR Hakeem Nicks
4- WR Desean Jackson
5- QB Matt Schaub
6- RB Benjarvus Green-Ellis
7- TE Owen Daniels
8- RB Beanie Wells
9- WR Steve Smith
10- Ravens D/ST
11- WR Lance Moore
12- RB LaDainian Tomlinson
13- WR Plaxico Burress
14- QB Matt Cassell
15- K Matt Bryant

I wouldn't have gone with Turner in that situation, but I can't really question the team you put together through the first 8 rounds. Which Steve Smith do you have? The one who just had microfracture surgery? You need WR depth.

My turn:
PPR

I picked 8th, 12 team league:

Starting Lineup:

QB- Phillip Rivers
RB (2)- Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy
WR (3)- Miles Austin, Sidney Rice, Johnny Knox
TE (2)- Vernon Davis, Brandon Pettigrew
W/R/T- Jahvid Best
K- Nick Folk (NYJ)
DEF- San Fran
DE (2)- Trent Cole, Charles Johnson
LB-Patrick Willis
DB- Joe Haden

Bench
Fred Jackson, Beanie Wells, Rashad Jennings, Brandon Jackson, Matt Cassel, Vince Young, Roy Williams (CHI), James Jones, Steve Breaston, Evan Moore, Devin McCourty, Jon Beason, and Mario Williams

To me my WR's are weak, but other than that I think I did well. This is my first year doing defensive players.

I wouldn't have gone with Turner in that situation, but I can't really question the team you put together through the first 8 rounds. Which Steve Smith do you have? The one who just had microfracture surgery? You need WR depth.

Carolina Steve Smith. Agreed about WR depth. Wow, everyone is making me nervous about Turner. Maybe I'll try to package him with something for a younger RB and a WR.

Carolina Steve Smith. Agreed about WR depth. Wow, everyone is making me nervous about Turner. Maybe I'll try to package him with something for a younger RB and a WR.

What's done is done. Turner is still a great RB and you probably won't get anyone better in a trade. Your reserve RB stable is top notch. I bet you end up dropping Plaxico for a more functional player before he hits his groove. BTW: great call not drafting a backup TE. They are always available.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."