• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hubie Brown

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I would like to see Hubie tied down next to a colony of African fire ants, and doused with maple syrup.

guy is 82 he was an NBA coach of the year 26 years apart. He Coached the Colonels to an ABA championship and turned multiple teams into contenders.

He coached Kareem Abdul jabbar and Oscar Robertson. The guy knows his stuff.

I think people don't like Hubie because when they disagree with him his pedigree is not so easy to dismiss.

Last edited:
When Love got in foul trouble and Fry came in . Hubie right away talked up Frye as the superior spot up shooter( a little more than he had too) from three and that this would change the dynamic of the game.It was like watching a WWE promo. Frye followed through going 7 of 9 from 3 point land.

Hubie also said He Loves Mozgovs game but the reason he isn't playing was because Thompson and Frye are clearly better players.

guy is 82 he was an NBA coach of the year 26 years apart. He Coached the Colenals to an ABA championship and turned multiple teams into contenders.

He coached Kareem Abdul jabbar and Oscar Robertson. The guy knows his stuff.

I think people don't like Hubie because when they disagree with him his pedigree is not so easy to dismiss.

No, it's because he is senile, and because he actively roots against the Cavs. It's extremely unprofessional. In the Celtics series last year, it was disgusting. Olynyk rips Love's arm out of its socket, Jae Crowder climbs on JR's back, the Cavs retaliate, and Hubie thinks the Cavs are the dirty ones. The Celtics foul the Cavalier inbounding the ball - which should result in a technical - and nobody says boo. That's not knowledge of the game; that's someone who's lost his shit - and every shred of professionalism.

I think it's unfortunate. I USED to like Hubie. He was able to SEE things that most did not see. But now he's lost it, and it's time to put him out to pasture.

No, it's because he is senile, and because he actively roots against the Cavs. It's extremely unprofessional. In the Celtics series last year, it was disgusting. Olynyk rips Love's arm out of its socket, Jae Crowder climbs on JR's back, the Cavs retaliate, and Hubie thinks the Cavs are the dirty ones. The Celtics foul the Cavalier inbounding the ball - which should result in a technical - and nobody says boo. That's not knowledge of the game; that's someone who's lost his shit - and every shred of professionalism.

I think it's unfortunate. I USED to like Hubie. He was able to SEE things that most did not see. But now he's lost it, and it's time to put him out to pasture.
Is that you John drew?

When Love got in foul trouble and Fry came in . Hubie right away talked up Frye as the superior spot up shooter( a little more than he had too) from three and that this would change the dynamic of the game.It was like watching a WWE promo. Frye followed through going 7 of 9 from 3 point land.

Hubie also said He Loves Mozgovs game but the reason he isn't playing was because Thompson and Frye are clearly better players.
I just noticed torns title :chuckle:

hubie_brown_perm_2.jpg

220px-HubieBrown1981.jpg

hubie-brown-knicks.jpg

Sounds like somebody doesn't "Feel the Perm."

Literally can't understand the hate. Love the dude.

I like Hubie, but tonight was the first time where I did feel like he was favoring the opposing team in his commentary in a cavs game. I couldn't believe he considered that Kyrie fast break lay-up where he stepped in front of Teague an offensive foul. That's a textbook basketball play on the fast break.

Not to mention the Horford charge that was a non-call and the Millsap flops that Hubie endorsed as offensive fouls. Was very strange.

Old people are gonna say dumb shit that makes no sense sometimes. Why you'd let that rustle your jimmies is beyond me.

I find it adorable.

I dont think Hubie actively roots against the Cavs at all. I do think he roots for competitive games, as most announcers do. The Cavs are up big a lot, so I can see how some people think he's siding against them.

So when a call could put the score to single digits or give a trailing team like Atlanta two free throws, does it skew his view of that play? Probably.

Add that to the fact that his first car had stone wheels and well... some people just gonna hate I guess.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."