• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hue vs. Sashi: You must keep 1

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You must / can only keep 1:

• Hue Jackson and Coaching Staff

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Sashi Brown and Front Office

Votes: 39 84.8%

• Total voters

Matches

Eloquently sarcastic
Reaction score
I know the scuttlebutt is that these guys are done after this year. With just 1 win on the board in 20+ games few expected on the horizon, there are good arguments to be made that both Hue and the front office should be fired. The biggest argument for firing neither is continuity for continuity's sake.

That's not the world's worst argument, given that the only constant since 1999 with this franchise has been turnover at head coach and in the front office, and it's been worse under the current ownership.

This is not that argument. I'm saying you have to keep exactly 1 of these. If you want to blow it ALL up, too bad, Haslam can't be seen as doing that yet again. If you argue this is only year 2 of a true rebuild and want to keep them both, sorry, SOMEBODY'S head must roll after this shitshow.

Arguments for keeping Hue Jackson

We have a roster largely composed of young players, and continuity in coaching is far more important for that group of players then continuity in the front office. It could be severely detrimental to the development of our top young Talent such as Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, Emmanuel Ogbah, David Njoku et al, to blow up the coaching staff.

The roster he's had to be given with has been among the worst I the league. He's an offensive coach who's been given zero offensive weapons aside from his #2 running back.

He is thought of well around the league, while Sashi is not.

Despite the losing, it appears he remains popular in the locker room,and aside from Kenny Britt, who he never had, it doesnt seem like he's "lost" the team.

Arguments for keeping Sashi Brown and the front office

Randolphkeys made this point in the rant thread: You signed up for this, Mr. Haslam. We told you this was a 3+ year project and we have operated according to that plan. The foundation is sound and we still have have more draft capital than any other team in the league.

All of their early picks have shown the ability to contribute. Yes they've passed on a couple quarterbacks but they're playing the long game here.

The rest of the arguments are some form of Hue Jackson needs to be fired: The roster is not that bad. They gave Hue a top offensive line that he can't seem to scheme a running game around, and he refuses to game plan to around his young quarterback. The defense has put together some good games but Hue's offense has been unable to move the ball.

They've drafted 2 young quarterbacks for him and he's jerked both of them around and shown very little development. He wanted Kizer to start, buried Kessler 3rd on the depth chart and now it looks like a Kessler might be the the guy he want to roll with. This is not a sign of a coach who knows what he's doing.

Numerous clock and game management issues he's had over 2 seasons. He may be a fine coordinator and motivator, but a head coach needs to be able to be in control of and manage the game in all aspects, and he is failing miserably.

This is impossible...

I don't like the job the FO has done in the draft and in free agency, but at the same time the coaching staff is failing many of these players the FO drafted by not putting them in a position to succeed.

Regardless of what I want, I think the FO will be back next year and Hue will be fired.

I really don't want to clean house, I just want pieces that are missing to be filled in. Coaching staff needs an OC to take that responsibility away from Hue. Front office needs a VP of football operations with experience to be in charge of making personnel decisions.

This is impossible...

I don't like the job the FO has done in the draft and in free agency, but at the same time the coaching staff is failing many of these players the FO drafted by not putting them in a position to succeed.

Regardless of what I want, I think the FO will be back next year and Hue will be fired.
I'm guessing you hate the Britt signing and think we should've drafted Wentz or Watson, outside of that what has the FO done wrong?

Reactions: Lee
I really don't want to clean house, I just want pieces that are missing to be filled in. Coaching staff needs an OC to take that responsibility away from Hue. Front office needs a VP of football operations with experience to be in charge of making personnel decisions.

I'm really bothered by Hue's game-management decisions - timeouts, that penalty, and some of his 4th down decisions. I can't help but see them as the tip of the iceberg. If he's screwing up those decisions, what other screw-ups are there that aren't as visible?

Only hesitation in getting rid of him after the season is that I don't want to lose Gregg Williams. But at this point, I can't think of a single thing I like on the offensive side of the ball, which is Hue's area of expertise. Running game sucks, zero quarterback development, and quarterback musical chairs. And while there certainly is an argument about the talent, Hue also has played a role in selecting these guys - not to mention being "blown away" by RGIII.

This is starting to remind me of the Bud Carson/Jim Shofner head coaching disaster of 1990 - the HC simply has no clue what to do.

Whoever signed that fucktwat, Kenny, should be shown the door yesterday. Don't care who it is. Fire that person, make Kenny eat cat shit, and force him to be the only cheerleader for the Browns. Fucking useless asshole.

I'm guessing you hate the Britt signing and think we should've drafted Wentz or Watson, outside of that what has the FO done wrong?
-Schwartz
-Coleman
-Pryor (yes he hasn't done shit in WAS yet, we'll see if he gets it together)
-Britt
-Peppers
-Kizer

-Schwartz
-Coleman
-Pryor (yes he hasn't done shit in WAS yet, we'll see if he gets it together)
-Britt
-Peppers
-Kizer

Still... With the Peppers. Putting them with that list is laughable. It's not necessary to try this hard with this team/roster. :chuckle:

Fine, I'll play.......

Give Williams the HC gig. The players love his demented coaching and he is able to get the most, if not more out of some players. Yeah I know, some players are out of position. Have him hire a DC whose base D is more like a 4-2 and find a ballhawking FS to keep Peppers and Kindred on the field (within 10 yards of the Los) and let the FS roam and imo we have a top 12 D who gets turnovers.

Blew 3rd and 2nd round picks on quarterbacks. Kessler was a reach in the 3rd and Kizer was a developmental guy who you don't have the time/talent to develop. Also passed on Malik Hooker.

I picked Keep Sashi but I was surprised when I made my best arguments for both, how much easier it was to argue in favor of Hue. I will say that it IS probably unfair to pin all of the Wentz pass on the front office. It seemed like as a group they really wanted Goff, and once it was clear he was going #1, we were going to get off the #2 pick. And I recall most people didn't want Wentz there. I will not kill them for not seeing it. Many high quarterbacks miss. I cannot stress enough that to say "we should have taken Wentz" means this roster would be in far worse shape than it already is. At the same time, it was their decision to dismantle it.

In retrospect, the right move might have been keep Schwartz, Gipson, and Travis Benjamin, draft Wentz. Schwartz means you don't need Shon Coleman. Gipson means you don't really miss Kindred or Peppers. Wentz also turned into 2 quarterback selections who would be irrelevant assuming Browns Wentz is similar to Eagles Wentz. That leaves Corey Coleman who can't stay on the field and Ricardo Louis who is a fringe player at best. We have no WR in this scenario other than Benjamin who is a #3-4 at best, and the remaining dregs we currently have. This scenario almost certainly means we don't have Myles Garrett. The above team probably wins 3-4 games meaning we are drafting between 3rd and 5th, deciding between perhaps Solomon Thomas at DE (he's been just OK) , Fournette (unlikely we take an RB that high), or Jamal Adams (dammit, he would look good next to Gibson.) The team still would have no real weapons for Wentz (unless they reached for Corey Davis in 2017, or had identified Michael Thomas in the 2nd round in 2016). The offense is still bad unless Wentz is really a miracle worker. Or, if you give him Michael Thomas, you lose Ogbah. The defensive ends are Nassib and Orchard. Neither are starting material.

Sashi because you can always find new coaches next year but you can't replace the bad players he is about to draft in less than a year.

Still... With the Peppers. Putting them with that list is laughable. It's not necessary to try this hard with this team/roster. :chuckle:
He doesn't need special treatment because he went to Michigan. He's been bad so far. Elite players were overlooked.

He asked, I answered. There's no reason to like the Peppers pick at this point. He absolutely belongs in that list.

And I'm far from the only person to include him on that list (or omit him from a "good picks" list).

Get over yourself.

Get over yourself.

Take your own advice. We're 6 games into a career & you've got him on your "they should be fired because" list. I'm pretty sure you're there alone; my position is it doesn't matter where he went to school. You care where he went to school. Simple.

Take your own advice. We're 6 games into a career & you've got him on your "they should be fired because" list. I'm pretty sure you're there alone; my position is it doesn't matter where he went to school. You care where he went to school. Simple.
I don't care where he went to school. I care that he's been "Poor" so far. You're protecting him because he went to Michigan, that much is "simple."

I'm not sitting here calling him a bust or anything. Like you said, he's played 6 games. Again, we can only evaluate based on what we've seen. He asked what the FO has done that I don't like. I didn't like it when he was selected based on what I saw in college (and I watch a shitload of CFB, especially Michigan) and I see no reason to like the pick right now. Frankly, anyone who likes what they've seen so far has some serious player evaluation issues.

Christ, Coleman has been infinitely more productive than Peppers and I included him on the list too. Where's the outrage over that? Oh yeah...he went to Baylor.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."