• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hurricane Florence

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
She's rolling in boys. Down to a category 2, but the storm surges that this thing is going to bring are going to be pretty incredible.

Stay safe to everybody in that direct path.

636724347384399309-091318-Florence-Path-11am-Online.png

We're leaving Raleigh tonight for a wedding in PA, I'm more worried about if we'll be able to make it home on Sunday.

I feel like they said two days ago it would land at cat 5. It’s not hitting any major cities as direct hit high cat situation.

I feel like they said two days ago it would land at cat 5. It’s not hitting any major cities as direct hit high cat situation.

Yeah luckily it has been downgraded by a lot. If that category 5 hit it could be pretty bad

Who said? I don't think the NHC ever forecasted more than a cat 3 landfall, with cat 2-4 the likely range for most of the last week. And they noted that they were erring on the high end of model guidance with that forecast. Main threat all along has been flooding due to storm surge and rain. I'm actually pretty impressed with how accurate forecasts have been given the unusual nature of this storm.

Shouldn't be too bad where I'm at. I'm basically downtown Charlotte and I live in a huge apartment building.

I'm on the outskirts of northeast Charlotte. From what I'm seeing, from the local meteorologist at NBC Charlotte, a shit load of rain but winds around 30-40. No idea how susceptible we are to flooding though.

I'm on the outskirts of northeast Charlotte. From what I'm seeing, from the local meteorologist at NBC Charlotte, a shit load of rain but winds around 30-40. No idea how susceptible we are to flooding though.

Did you move here or something?

Made it through Irma fine last year, move up here right into the path of another. :chuckle: Maybe I should just come back to ohio.

Yeah. Thought we talked about this earlier in the year when I was asking you about Charlotte, or maybe it was someone else.

You mentioned you were looking at Charlotte but I didn't realize you'd actually moved here. What part of the city are you in?

You mentioned you were looking at Charlotte but I didn't realize you'd actually moved here. What part of the city are you in?

Opted not to live in the actual city. We're in the Concord area.

Was in Nags head. Cut my vacation way fucking short. Fuck this storm.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."