• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

I wanna buy a tv

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David.

Radical Centrist
Reaction score
:congratulatory:

55inches or better.. how long do these figures last?

Every couple years I buy a rear projection for a hundred, then deal with delivery and carrying the fucking thing.. this seems to not be cost effective, if a new TV can last 4-5 years..

Walmart has 55" for 380, 62 for 480.. Any better places to look?

Get a brand name one.. It may seem like a good idea to pay less, but it's not. That's just my opinion. Samsung and Sony make good tvs.

Compare prices to Fry's, they are in San Diego.

I have the 65 inch Samsung KS8000 and it is incredible. Best TV i've ever had. If you use an EPP program, you can get it for like 1200$ instead of 2200

I have a 10 year old Samsung plasma that I am still really happy with. Not sure of the size but its pretty big.

Am I some kind of an asshole?

I really don't get why someone would pay an extra grand for a TV.. the picture basically looks the same, Fuck pixels psi.. I just want to beat the price I'm paying with my current method, and save time and hassle in doing this every couple years.

How long they mofos last? Why is a 2200$ TV better? I don't need today's best picture, because tomorrow it will be yesterday's best picture. I want a big fucking TV and the less I pay the better

The TV I'm watching right now is almost 10 years old. Flat panel Samsung. Way too expensive back then compared to now but it's free at this point...

Check out slickdeals.net for good deals. But don't look at anything but TVs or you'll end up spending money on things that you don't actually need.

Also, wait for Super Bowl deals at this point.

Apparently WM has a 55" LG for $250 right now.

Last edited:
Just make sure it can receive 4k and don't go over a grand. Never go over a grand.

A standard HD TV is so cheap now it's sick.

A bought a 55' Vizio two years ago and it's less than double what I paid for it now...

I really don't get why someone would pay an extra grand for a TV.. the picture basically looks the same, Fuck pixels psi.. I just want to beat the price I'm paying with my current method, and save time and hassle in doing this every couple years.

How long they mofos last? Why is a 2200$ TV better? I don't need today's best picture, because tomorrow it will be yesterday's best picture. I want a big fucking TV and the less I pay the better

The only "cheap" tv brand I have experience with is Bestbuy's Insignia. I've had 3 or 4 different ones (including one I just got this christmas) and they've all lasted. The picture quality is good enough, especially if you're not someone that needs cutting edge tech which sounds to be your case.

LG OLED65W7P - $7999

65 inches, 18 lbs, 1/10 of an inch thick, impossible to see it and say they all look the same

5710461_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

5710461cv3d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Just make sure it can receive 4k and don't go over a grand. Never go over a grand.

There's not enough content in 4k right now to make it worth the price premium.

There's not enough content in 4k right now to make it worth the price premium.

Don't you think it'll start booming in the next year or 2? I guess the prices could reduce considerably in that time frame.

Don't you think it'll start booming in the next year or 2? I guess the prices could reduce considerably in that time frame.

I can't imagine that in the next two years that many 4k channels are going to be available. Maybe Netflix or similar services will have a decent amount of 4k. I don't think any major networks are doing anything in 4k currently but I could be mistaken.

But yeah, the price will go down considerably soon enough. You can get a 1080p 55" right now for $250 at Walmart from LG (reputable brand). So assuming the price for a 4k drops by at least $250 in the next few years you're not losing anything by not having 4k now.

4K still years away from being on major networks. They may skip 4K and wait for 8k 6 years from now. I would imagine 10 years from now we would have 8k possibly over the air no?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."