• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Iman Shumpert

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EugB22

Rookie
Reaction score
Iman Shumpert would immediately become our best perimeter defender BY A MILE AND HE IS A MUCH BETTER CATCH AND SHOOT player than Dion... He also can play the one, two or three.. Shumpert is the perfect complement for this team and Dion is the opposite.. Would do the trade in a heartbeat....

Shumpert is shooting 59 percent from the three point line, Dion will never shoot this well because of his shot selection, even on this team full of all stars...

Shumpert is shooting 59 percent from the three point line, Dion will never shoot this well because of his shot selection, even on this team full of all stars...

If you think Shumpert's 59% shooting from 3 is sustainable, you are a fool.

Only a matter of time before Dion starts whining about coming off the bench, all this fuss for a sixth man isn't worth it IMHO... Sumpert would help our defense exponentially more and he is shooting 59 percent from three, much better catch and shoot guard who can play in crunch time without taking stupid shots...

Iman Shumpert would immediately become our best perimeter defender BY A MILE AND HE IS A MUCH BETTER CATCH AND SHOOT player than Dion... He also can play the one, two or three.. Shumpert is the perfect complement for this team and Dion is the opposite.. Would do the trade in a heartbeat....

You sure about that? Last year, on catch and shoot 3s, Dion shot 41.6%, Shumpert shot 36.1%. Last year, Dion held opposing PGs, SGs, and SFs to a PER of 10.6, 14.2, and 11.0, while Shumpert held opposing PGs, SGs, and SFs to a PER of 16.9, 16.6, and 17.3. A stand still player who requires other people to create him shots and a player who has had a significant injury history is not a player this team needs.

Last edited:
If you think Shumpert's 59% shooting from 3 is sustainable, you are a fool.
Never said it was sustainable...his defense alone makes him more valuable on this team, I would take mid 40s which is better than what Dion will shoot...

You sure about that? Last year, on catch and shoot 3s, Dion shot 41.6%, Shumpert shot 36.1%. Last year, Dion held opposing PGs, SGs, and SFs to a PER of 10.6, 14.2, and 11.0, while Shumpert held opposing PGs, SGs, and SFs to a PER of 16.9, 16.6, and 17.3. A stand still player who requires other people to create him shots and a player who has had a significant injury history is not a player this team needs.
Not seeing it this season, it's a new team so it will take time but I don't see him coming close to those numbers this year...

Not seeing it this season, it's a new team so it will take time but I don't see him coming close to those numbers this year...

It's been 5 games...small sample size decisions are the worst decisions, and you're making them right now.

Shumpert doesn't require anyone to creat his own shots, he had seven assists last night and can play the one, two or three...I would take his defense In crunch time over Dion's even though Dion is an underrated defender...

Never said it was sustainable...his defense alone makes him more valuable on this team, I would take mid 40s which is better than what Dion will shoot...

Mid 40s isn't realistic for Shumpert either so I don't see the point you're trying to make...at all.

Shumpert doesn't require anyone to creat his own shots, he had seven assists last night and can play the one, two or three...I would take his defense In crunch time over Dion's even though Dion is an underrated defender...

Shumpert has been assisted on 76.5% of his made baskets so far this year...if that isn't someone who requires others to get him shots, I don't know what is.

Btw, when will Dion ever have seven assists in
Shumpert has been assisted on 76.5% of his made baskets so far this year...if that isn't someone who requires others to get him shots, I don't know what is.
I didn't know it was that much, could you send the link to that statistic though?

I've seen some dumb stuff in here over the past 3 years, but pining for a worse catch and shoot 3 point shooter than Dion when we can't even utilize catch and shoot players right now the way our offense is running as a trade target after 5 whole games is up there.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."