• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

In your opinion, which of these guys are locks for HOF? Why?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jstock12

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Based on what they've accomplished so far.

1. Chris Paul - has been a top3 PG since he entered the league, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
2. Dwight Howard - has been to the finals once, DPOY, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
3. Derrick Rose - MVP, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
4. Carmelo Anthony - scoring champ, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
5. Kevin Durant - MVP, scoring champ, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
6. Marc Gasol - DPOY, 2-time Olympic silver. 0 rings.
7. James Harden - Olympic gold. 0 rings.

1 4 5 6 and maybe 7

Paul, Howard, Melo, Durant could all retire tomorrow and make it.

Rose hasn't played enough full seasons and I'm not sure if he ever will. His game isn't aging well either.

Harden hasn't been "The Man" for enough seasons, but if he stays healthy and produces even at 75% of what he's doing, he'll be first ballot.

Gasol is borderline even if he plays another 3-4 at the current level. His game will age well though and I think he'll end up getting in.

Last edited:
Howard ruined teams and wasn't good long enough

He definitely ruined teams.

But he's also made 8 all star games and double-doubled every single season for all 12 seasons he's been in the league. He'll probably end up close to top 10-15 in career boards and blocks.

He's also played a lot of playoff games and been absolutely tremendous in them. Three consecutive DPOY too.

Not only was he good long enough, he still is good.

Paul, Howard, Anthony, Durant are locks. Durant and Paul are 1st ballot locks. Anthony and Howard probably are too, but I'm slightly less sure of that.

If Harden retired today, I'm not so sure. He's had 4 seasons as the best player on a team, and that team has never made the Finals. The other half of his career he was a 6th man.

Gasol probably makes it, but not 1st ballot.

I hope Harden goes down along with Wade as the two that made their said game un-watchable with the flopping and crying.

Call it the faggo ballad

Based on what they've accomplished so far.

1. Chris Paul - has been a top3 PG since he entered the league, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
2. Dwight Howard - has been to the finals once, DPOY, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
3. Derrick Rose - MVP, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
4. Carmelo Anthony - scoring champ, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
5. Kevin Durant - MVP, scoring champ, Olympic gold. 0 rings.
6. Marc Gasol - DPOY, 2-time Olympic silver. 0 rings.
7. James Harden - Olympic gold. 0 rings.
CP3, Melo, KD, Harden if he keeps up his pace and reaches a couple finals.

CP3 is a first try HOF because he's a monster and any team he's on makes playoffs. Carmelo because he was the best scorer in the league before KD came into existence and because of his consistency in his prime years. KD because cmon, his numbers speak for themselves. Harden because he's a monster and can lead a team. Also that team should get to at least 1 finals in the next couple years

CP3 as smart and good as he is, has been shockingly unsuccessful in the playoffs.

I never understood why he hasn't been able to lead a team to the Finals given his monster numbers in the playoffs, but his team performances just haven't been impressive when the games really matter.

Chalk it up to competitiveness in the West I guess.

Only one I'm not sure on is Rose. Honestly, the basketball hall of fame really isn't that difficult to get in to.

I believe every NBA MVP ever has made the Hall. Not sure Rose will make it. The rest except for Gasoline all definitely make it, and he has a pretty good chance.

The doubt over Dwight's credentials is hilarious. He has been All NBA 8 times. He has 3 DPOYs. Basketball reference has him at 99% to make the hall, ahead of Durant, etc.

Meanwhile, Harden has been a STARTER for 3 1/2 years.

Rose isn't even CLOSE, though he still has time to resuscitate his career.

Gasol is a really good player but doesn't have the stats, playoff success, or resume. He is actually OLDER than D12 and has 2 seasons scoring 15ppg. BBRef has him at .005 to make the hall. International success will up that but not nearly enough to garner actual consideration.

KD, Melo, Paul are LOCKS

Last edited:
The doubt over Dwight's credentials is hilarious. He has been All NBA 8 times. He has 3 DPOYs. Basketball reference has him at 99% to make the hall, ahead of Durant, etc.

C'mon
.. he's got a damned free throw rate of 83% this year. That's looney.

I'd put Pau in before Marc.

I'd put Pau in before Marc.

Pau is a sure-fire HOFer. That's why I didn't include him in my original post.

2x NBA Champion
5x NBA All-Star
NBA Rookie of the Year
3x EuroBasket Champion (2x Silver, 1x Bronze)
1x World Champion
2x Olympic Silver

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."