• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

is it me or does mcinnes look like he's tanking it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G-MAN

Rookie
Reaction score
to me he seems to be passing up three pointers, playing extremely bad defense alllll the time (every pick and roll he goes on top and pretends to get caught up), and generally isn't even playing his game. he looks way different then he did for 60 or so games.

does it prove his worth (in his mind) if the cavs don't make the playoffs? two years without him starting and the team looses out on the playoffs.

he knows we aren't resigning him. does it make sense to anybody?

He never defended the pick and roll well. Ever. Always ran right into the screen and stood there, not picking up on the other guy at least to try to get the steal. He's not playing with heart.

As for the 3's, he's been trying but missing. He doesn't make them anymore, no confidence. He also has been missing his floaters that used to be guaranteed.

He just doesn't care anymore. He knows he's not going to be in Cleveland next season, so he's being the dirty rat he is and hurting himself in the process.

I cant wait till the day Jeff leaves the Cavs. He really doesnt contribute anything good to the team anymore. Hes defense, his attitude, his shooting, and his passing/playmaking abilities are all terrible now. At the beginning of the season, I could tolerate his horrible defense because he was providing us with some good scoring and distributing. But now I just cant stand him.

Last edited:
McInnis is playing scared. Usually he's disinterested or gets rattled once he gets down on himself. But against the Pistons, after Billups picked Jeff's pocket and harassed his dribble, Jeff simply looked unconfident in himself. In many ways, he seems shattered. I hate to sound overly critical but I view McInnis as a coward.

Yet with all his deficiencies, he still starts. We have a perfectly capable point guard on the bench who gives us a boost every time on court yet he sits because he hasn't got an attitude. How can a franchise succeed when it gives into players with attitude problems, and particulary when their play hinders the teams chances.

Karma said:
Yet with all his deficiencies, he still starts. We have a perfectly capable point guard on the bench who gives us a boost every time on court yet he sits because he hasn't got an attitude. How can a franchise succeed when it gives into players with attitude problems, and particulary when their play hinders the teams chances.

I agree, mcinnis is already pretty much gone. But, the problem is J-mac is our scorer, and when he can score 15-20 points a game we are a very good team, but now that he's gone cold, and may not care about the team, it's too late however to just release him. May be snow challenges him to a fight. Then he starts playing good.

I think losing has brought out more of the degatives in his game. If they where winning and when they where winning the winning itself over shadowed the mistakes he made in games. I still think with the roster the Cavs have now he is the best player they can have at the point, but that doesnt mean much.

Today he had to leave the game because he has food poisoning.

The sad part is that in order to hopefully get something out of McInnis, you have to start him. If he's benched he'll just sulk, cause problems and there will be no chance at any contribution at all.

I can't wait until McInnis is gone. I don't know if I've ever hated any Cavalier more than him.

He does provide a perfect example of why the Cavs need to add more high character players and not add any malcontents or players with a history of problems. Which means no to Ruben Patterson and others like him.

I freakin can't stand Jeff McInnis. He basically tanked on us and cost us the playoffs. I mean how can a guy be so stupid as to lose millions of dollars because of not trying?

mcinnes had viral syndrome. malone said "whatever that means." malone was asked if he would play tonight and he said ask paxson. something strange with that whole situation and it's not just malone, silas benched him too.

boy, what a sob. just fricken go home now jeff. i feel sorry for the next team that signs him.

i will say this, with him gone maybe the whole team will shut their mouths when the refs make a call. he's got to be annoying on the floor.

The Solution should be,

-Play Eric for 38 minutes
-Play LeBron for 5 spot minutes at pg
-Play Eric for 5 spot minutes at pg
-Jeff McInnis puts on a nice suit next to Scotty

Jmac is mentally gone. But it is true he is one scorer. Which we need. You would think that he would be playing better in a contract year. His attitude is not something I understand. Clearly there is more to this than meets the eye.

It is interesting though that Goober has been able to come through as a scorer in several pinches (when he is healthy) Maybe its a matter of how we look for our points.

It's not just you. JMAC, and Luscious Harris wanted to ne released and preferred not to be on the team anymore. Jmac, unless starting, wanted to be gone because he didn't want the lower minutes and numbers to bring his numbers down heading into free agency. Luscious just hates Cleveland period and hoped, if released, that NJ would find a roster spot for him. They both wanted out along time ago ....along with Scott Williams as well as Traylor. I posted about this a week or so ago I think.

W&G If what you say is true, I think it is a statement about the kinds of players these guys are. Three guys tank for thier own reasons, Traylor plays his back off in spite of it. I hope we can keep Traylor, the other guys can go their own way.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."