• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jalen Jones

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He nailed some threes, way better than anything we've seen from Blossom-no-game.

If you look at the box score and see J Jones, you would have thought James Jones had come out of retirement for this game.

He nailed some threes, way better than anything we've seen from Blossom-no-game.

who knows if any of these guys pan out but we should use dekker's spot to try out players like these. Hitting on just one would be huge.

Bonzi Colson is one I would want to see have some games

Blossomgame might be a SF Tristan. He got 3 putbacks, but I saw he was very close on 2 others. He might have a nose for the ball. I wouldn't mind having some spare wings on the team. That 1 pg 3 wing 1 center lineup was pretty cool. Very versatile and good defending.

God if Jones turned into a good 3 pt shooter that would be amazing. You need a couple of hits on complete Randos to make a good team. He like Nwaba played the 4 college, so he might be a good guy to keep around while Love is hurt.

I am curious how many of these small 4 players make it into the league as the emphasis on shooting over size continues to trend.

Jones three looks smooth, unlike almost every one else. But he was seriously lost defensively a lot of the time. Cedi covered for him a few times, Collin was yelling at him to cover his man.. but he spent a lot of energy chasing down some one he lost in coverage..

You are right about Blossomgames nose for the ball. He seems to understand how the play is going better that Jones. But he still got torched when Washington decided to exploit him.. But I can see why he got the start..

I would have liked to have seen Hood with these two guys.. you can see a lot more that close than you can on TV.. like the panic in Jones eyes when he was lost...

There was also a play where Clarkson got switched onto a Washington big, I think it was Green, and was getting beat up in the post, but Clarkson just kept coming.. Green scored anyway, but I though Clarkson showed up anyway..

Preston has been getting his ass kicked down in the G-League, so I doubt he would do much of anything at the NBA level. One of the rawest players I've ever seen in my life.
He's basically straight out of high school, and he's taken two years off. He'll have to work his ass off and really want it if he's going to succeed. He's got the physical tools, but I don't know if he has the desire or bball IQ to get there.

matrix-quote-you-got-the-gift-but-you-are-waiting-for-something.jpg

Jones three looks smooth, unlike almost every one else. But he was seriously lost defensively a lot of the time. Cedi covered for him a few times, Collin was yelling at him to cover his man.. but he spent a lot of energy chasing down some one he lost in coverage..

You are right about Blossomgames nose for the ball. He seems to understand how the play is going better that Jones. But he still got torched when Washington decided to exploit him.. But I can see why he got the start..

I would have liked to have seen Hood with these two guys.. you can see a lot more that close than you can on TV.. like the panic in Jones eyes when he was lost...

There was also a play where Clarkson got switched onto a Washington big, I think it was Green, and was getting beat up in the post, but Clarkson just kept coming.. Green scored anyway, but I though Clarkson showed up anyway..

Hard to fault a guy who has been with the team a week for getting lost on schemes. I liked both of those guys, but it could have been them playing over their head against a team that wasn't trying. I did see a couple of times after they mentioned Jones was a 4 in college, that he moved his feet really well on d. He slides them textbook. I was surprised he was able to do that at an NBA level against wings.

Seeing those 2 play hard and do some of the intangible stuff really made it hit home how terrible Hood is at anything but scoring. He can be right next to the ball and a smaller guy will take the rebound from him, he never boxes out. It's embarrassing. I swear having Blossomgame in there made the defense much better immediately.

Hard to fault a guy who has been with the team a week for getting lost on schemes. I liked both of those guys, but it could have been them playing over their head against a team that wasn't trying. I did see a couple of times after they mentioned Jones was a 4 in college, that he moved his feet really well on d. He slides them textbook. I was surprised he was able to do that at an NBA level against wings.

Seeing those 2 play hard and do some of the intangible stuff really made it hit home how terrible Hood is at anything but scoring. He can be right next to the ball and a smaller guy will take the rebound from him, he never boxes out. It's embarrassing. I swear having Blossomgame in there made the defense much better immediately.
Hood so bad.

Really fell back to earth tonight after a solid offensive game the previous game.

I agree with you, but my sense was blossom, had a better feel for the flow of the game.. Jones was pumped when he drained the first three and he brought energy..but..

Its hard to describe. Blossomgame seemed to play within himself. Jones seemed like he was playing on pure adrenalin..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."