• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

James Ennis

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gratefuldead

NBA Starter
Reaction score
It seems the Heat may not be able to keep this kid. He has some upside, more than cunningham or anyone else we have. I'd really look into grabbing him for the season. The kind of young player with upside we could use on the bench, especially with shump out.

I'd definitely take him if available over anybody on the practice squad. Young legs, decent size, and he can further reduce minutes on LeBron.

Rather have his brother Paul Ennis so i can buy a jersey.

I guess the idea is Miami may waive him and his contract that becomes guaranteed if he makes the roster and instead keep a non-guaranteed guy, which would give them greater roster flexibility. I suppose that's possible. But I don't see the Cavs going for another SF at this point. My guess is they would value Cunningham over Ennis. Or Cooley (or some other big that gets waived) for that matter.

ennis cant play 2 spot?? looked like he could to me

I could see ennis being a guy the cavs would value. I would think he might try and go somewhere else where he has a better chance of getting regular minutes

Heat would be dumb to dump him

It seems the Heat may not be able to keep this kid. He has some upside, more than cunningham or anyone else we have. I'd really look into grabbing him for the season. The kind of young player with upside we could use on the bench, especially with shump out.

Wtf, Cunningham's upside is Derick Rose

I could see ennis being a guy the cavs would value. I would think he might try and go somewhere else where he has a better chance of getting regular minutes

he could get minutes here, especially early

i really think there is one thing the cavs are missing.

we dont have a young guy who can play SF.

i really want us to get a young guy who has high upside that can develop and eventually help lebron cut his minutes as he ages.

Apparently Heat is trying to ship Chalmers away, including Ennis on the deal.

So if he's available, we should give it a go. He would be a great 3rd SF to develop behind Jefferson, I like his game. He's athletic, can defend, has the tools do develop scoring.

Don't know how could this be made though. He makes around 800k. Maybe use part of the TPE + a 2nd rounder and cut Cunningham?

Anyway I don't think Riley would love to do business with us, for obvious reasons.

Apparently Heat is trying to ship Chalmers away, including Ennis on the deal.

So if he's available, we should give it a go. He would be a great 3rd SF to develop behind Jefferson, I like his game. He's athletic, can defend, has the tools do develop scoring.

Don't know how could this be made though. He makes around 800k. Maybe use part of the TPE + a 2nd rounder and cut Cunningham?

Anyway I don't think Riley would love to do business with us, for obvious reasons.
Chalmers was already traded. Plus Riley would never trade us anything....ever.

Chalmers was already traded. Plus Riley would never trade us anything....ever.

This....as long as Riley is the president of the Heat, he will never trade with us.

Ennis is no longer on the Heat, he was included in the Chalmers trade, so therefore, the Cavaliers would deal with the Memphis Grizzlies to try and obtain him. I am not in favor of letting go of Cunningham, hell he broke the rotation already over Harris. I like Harris and he has an upside but Ennis is ten folds time better at almost every facet of the game then him. Ennis could get hot on offense quick in the little I have seen him play, his defense isn't too shabby either. Imagine a 2nd unit of Mo if he continues to shoot at this clip and the likes of Ennis off the bench at the same time? The Cavs might outscore their opponent more than win with defense.

Not sure why there's a thread about this guy, he's objectively a poor NBA player. Terrible offensive player, and ok defense.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."