• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

James Howard Thome - MLB Hall of Famer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

With the Tribe, he was a .287 career hitter with a franchise record 337 home runs and 937 RBIs. Hit 52 home runs for the Tribe in 2002. Finished his career with 612 home runs as one of the greatest left handed sluggers in baseball history. A 5x All-Star and Silver Slugger in 1996.

8th all time in Home Runs
23rd all time in SLG%
26th all time in RBIs

Best power hitter in Cleveland Indians history. Congrats Jimmy.

Time to retire that #25.

mlb_a_thome_sy_576.jpg

Will he go in as an Indian or Philli?

Will he go in as an Indian or Philli?

Would be absolutely floored if the committee doesn't send him in as an Indian. Had his best years and most postseason success here.

He was joking

Not joking, but i remembered his career a bit different, seemed he spent less time in Philly than i remember. I somehow lumped his whitesox time and Philly time together in my mind.

Pretty obvious if you look at his year by year stats.

I was at his first game back as a White Sock. When he was first introduced, I gave him a standing O and about 90% of the stadium booed him. One of the few times I disagreed with the majority of Cleveland sports fans.

Glad old wounds have been healed.

Steroid user most likely. I remember when he came up and was a twig.

Reminds me a lot of myself when I played in terms of the power and being clean. Tho I hit for a higher average...

So happy that Thome got in. He was by far my favorite player on those 90s teams (I modeled my stance for little league off his).

I'm sad that the Little O got such a small percentage in his first year. He's a no doubt hall of famer in my book.

- Kind of sad that, unless MLB lets Manny come in from the cold that's the last obviously deserving HOF off those '90s Tribe teams. At one time it looked as if Belle, Lofton, Ramirez and Thome were all possible future HOFers (not to mention Baerga with the start he had to his career.)

- I think Omar deserves to be in. He was the gold standard for defense at the SS position during his era, and since SS is more of a defense-first position (IMO) that should count for something.

- Bonds and Clemons should be in. They had HOF-caliber careers before they picked up the needle. Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't much of a shit about the steroid issue.

- Kind of sad that, unless MLB lets Manny come in from the cold that's the last obviously deserving HOF off those '90s Tribe teams. At one time it looked as if Belle, Lofton, Ramirez and Thome were all possible future HOFers (not to mention Baerga with the start he had to his career.)

- I think Omar deserves to be in. He was the gold standard for defense at the SS position during his era, and since SS is more of a defense-first position (IMO) that should count for something.

- Bonds and Clemons should be in. They had HOF-caliber careers before they picked up the needle. Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't much of a shit about the steroid issue.

manny and Omar should be automatics. if ozzie is in, omar deserves to be in.

I don't really understand all of this love for Jim Thome. The guy was a juicer, left Cleveland TWICE. After he said he wouldn't.

I would have given Kenny Lofton or Sandy Alomar statues before this guy.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."