• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jamison to Cavs? ESPN Insider

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo=theAnswer

Rookie
Reaction score
In rumor central at ESPN Insider, it doesn't seem to be very imminent or credible, but still interesting. I wonder if Z would get a buyout and could return?

Could Cavs land Jamison?
11:27
AM ET
Antawn Jamison | Wizards | Interested: Trail Blazers?, Rockets?, Cavaliers? Top Email

According to Mike Jones, the Wizards are "talking to lots of teams right now" as the trade deadline approaches.

Jones singles out Antawn Jamison as the guy the Wizards should move, deeming it "the right thing to do," as he only has a few years left in the tank, has been a rock and wants to play for a contender.

So where could he land? The Cavs wanted him last season, but the Wiz turned down the offer. You would figure the Cavs would still be game for Jamison this season, and could ship Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract to the Wizards in return. Jamison and Big Z are both making $11 million this season, so it could be an even swap. The Blazers have a lot of attractive pieces on their team and are looking for a big man with Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla out for the season. Houston could also look to deal Tracy McGrady for Jamison, as they could use help on their front line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/features/rumors

The last thing Houston needs is another Forward.

Scola
Battier
Landry

They do need a big, but it needs someone over 6'11

Every time i hear Chris Broussard on tv first thing he talks about is Jamison and the Cavs.

not quite earthbreaking stuff here...

it would be nice to get a small trade this week to replace Z for 30 days then make the deal for Jamision...

but if we do end up dealing for Jamision we need to start looking towards the future cause Z, Shaq and Jamision are all pretty ripe so we will need to eventually find some replacements... but I will certainly enjoy a title or 2 while we can

Please, get their 1st rounder too!

The last thing Houston needs is another Forward.

Scola
Battier
Landry

They do need a big, but it needs someone over 6'11
Well, they'd be willing to add another forward if he was younger and better than Jamison (cough Bosh cough). But yeah, Jamison doesn't make sense for them....Butler would though.

I don't know why the Blazers would make a move for him either. Due to injuries they obviously aren't a contender this year, so Jamison should be the last player they target. I could see them making a run at Butler though.

At the beginning of the season I figured that the Cavs would be one of the few (if not the only) team who targets Jamison. Now it seems like there are maybe 1-2 other teams who would make a decent offer, but it still seems like the Cavs will probably make the best offer for him. I just hope Ferry doesn't get greedy and ask for a 1st or anything.

Well, they'd be willing to add another forward if he was younger and better than Jamison (cough Bosh cough). But yeah, Jamison doesn't make sense for them....Butler would though.

I don't know why the Blazers would make a move for him either. Due to injuries they obviously aren't a contender this year, so Jamison should be the last player they target. I could see them making a run at Butler though.

At the beginning of the season I figured that the Cavs would be one of the few (if not the only) team who targets Jamison. Now it seems like there are maybe 1-2 other teams who would make a decent offer, but it still seems like the Cavs will probably make the best offer for him. I just hope Ferry doesn't get greedy and ask for a 1st or anything.

It is Bosh or bust down here in Houston, and you are right I should have added that in. They won't trade for a 33 year old and give up all the cap flexibility they are about to have.

If anyone cares, they just updated the page with comments from Bucher and Broussard.
Nothing we haven't already discussed on here though.

Ric Bucher
Makes sense, but what about defense?

"It makes sense from the standpoint that they never replaced Joe Smith as a 'stretch 4,' a PF who can shoot 3s, a need amplified by Shaq's presence on the block. Playing Z in that role next to Shaq hasn't worked. I'm just not sure Jamison gives them the championship-level defense they need."

Chris Broussard
Cavs become East favorite with Jamison

"If the Cavaliers can get Antawn Jamison for say, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and his expiring contract, they would become the favorite to win the East and join the Lakers as favorites to win it all - especially if Washington waives Ilgauskas and Cleveland is able to re-sign him 30 days after the trade."

^^^ Chris Broussard with some home cookin. Gotta love it. :thumbup:

It is Bosh or bust down here in Houston, and you are right I should have added that in. They won't trade for a 33 year old and give up all the cap flexibility they are about to have.

If I were Houston, I'd toss out a package including Landry and maybe even Aaron Brooks and some expiring filler to land Bosh.

Landry and Brooks are amazing young talents that would really fill out a roster, yet still leave them a ton of cap room to sign someone over the summer.

It would also free up Toronto to move Jose Calderon for a talented SF or SG to really beef up that roster.

If I were Houston or Toronto, that's the kind of deal I'd be eyeing up right now.

If I were Houston, I'd toss out a package including Landry and maybe even Aaron Brooks and some expiring filler to land Bosh.

Landry and Brooks are amazing young talents that would really fill out a roster, yet still leave them a ton of cap room to sign someone over the summer.

It would also free up Toronto to move Jose Calderon for a talented SF or SG to really beef up that roster.

If I were Houston or Toronto, that's the kind of deal I'd be eyeing up right now.

Other than being close to home why would Bosh re-sign in Houston if the Rockets had to trade Landry and Brooks to get him?

How would Bosh, Ariza and a you-dont-know-what-your'e-going-to-get Yao Ming be any better than Bargnani, Calderon, DeRozan, Turkoglu and Jack in the Western Conference?

Other than being close to home why would Bosh re-sign in Houston if the Rockets had to trade Landry and Brooks to get him?

How would Bosh, Ariza and a you-dont-know-what-your'e-going-to-get Yao Ming be any better than Bargnani, Calderon, DeRozan, Turkoglu and Jack in the Western Conference?

Suppose that depends on how strong his desire to play near home vs playing on the best possible team is.

Also, (just guessing without looking at the cap numbers), but Houston's already slated to have some cap space, no? If they trade contract-for-contract to get Bosh, they'd have Bosh AND capspace.

Although I guess they could just try and sign him with that cap space. Think they'll have around $15 million. :dunno:

Last edited:
What about the Orlando Magic? There's a report that they are looking at another star player to trade for, some of their fans think it's Boozer or David West, but Jamison fits the bill just as well.

What about the Orlando Magic? There's a report that they are looking at another star player to trade for, some of their fans think it's Boozer or David West, but Jamison fits the bill just as well.

:confused:

So he can play behind Rashard Lewis, Brandon Bass, and Ryan Anderson?

I'd say if anything, PF is the last part they need to shore up. Maybe a SF.

I don't understand why Orlando, who has a great All-Star weapon at PF would want to change that in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."