• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jerome James Signs New York

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
pathetic signing... im sort of a knicks fan.. but damn this blows... Jerome James has to be the most overated big man this year... he had a break out series followed by nothing... GARBAGE

how much they give him? 5 years, 70 million?? lol overpay for that piece of shit

darn kinda wanted em....oh well as long as it's not vitaly or cliff robinson..

CavsDawgsTribe said:
cliff robinson..

Cliff robinson has made play offs 14 out of last 15 seasons, and you don't want him? Read the optimist.

You have Cliff robinson on your team you make the play offs GUAR-AN-DAMN-CLIFF :chuckles:

Jerome James is so overrated. Seriously, what makes him any better than Tractor Traylor? One good playoff showing? Traylor's gonna make a lot less money than him too. Definetly a move I would expect from the Knicks.

oh my jerome james in ny. wheres the disector to tell us that we screwed up and lebron will be leaving for there now...??

eh yeah probably it was just such a great showing, he probably did just do it for a big contract, hey maybe he can be their Nazr Mohammed.

the knicks just wrap up another 5 years in a mediocre, overrated big. isiah is an idiot. more proof and reason that lebron will never go to ny.

Last edited:
The Knicks said they were going to get James, and they got him, just not the James they were actually wanting.

LMAO @ Knicks. You suck!

now that he cashed in- he'll probably blow up to his 350lbs again..

isiah thomas is a MO--------------------------------------->RON

LEBRON'S_PIPPEN said:
now that he cashed in- he'll probably blow up to his 350lbs again..

isiah thomas is a MO--------------------------------------->RON

LOL, Just when you thought things couldn't get worse in New York

now, not so fast.. the yanks are coming around.. and mark my words they'll be in the world series...

Um.. yeah...

Anyways.

Here is some quotes from NY fans on how they feel about Jerome.

I like the signing of Jerome James. I would have preferred Hunter or Swift, but James is a good signing. Unlike in Seattle, due to our current situation upfront, James can log significant minutes. He’s an excellent shot blocker and is 5th in the league in blocks per 48 minutes. If we give him about 25 minutes a game, don’t be surprised if he averages about 2 blocks.

Offensively Jerome is decent, but with Crawford, Marbury, and Q around, the Knicks won’t need another scorer to put points on the board. Anyway, we signed him for size and shot blocking to jumpstart our defense. Also at 7-1, 270 pounds, he should be able to hold his own against the bigger centers in the league.

I’m a bit worried about what people say about him. Usually lazy, underachieving, and silly shenanigans are associated with his name and we already had all of those incidents last season distracting us from our main goal – winning. He did show a lot of promise in the playoffs, but could it have been one of those contract years kind of thing?

Either way this was a great signing on our part. We now have a more than legit shot blocking center which was our main priority this summer. Though most of us would want a younger, more athletic center, at least we get a solid veteran to help us now. He is a bit overpaid, but who isn’t around this time?

Wow. I like this signing. I didnt think the Knicks would be able to get him after his playoff performance. He can block shots, plays good defense and has an alright back to the basket game. He's overpaid but when your in bad shape like the Knicks you dont have a choice but to overpay to add talent. Besides he'll fit right in with the rest of our overpaid players. Sweetney will be able to play powerforward and we'll finally see what he can do when he's playing his natural position. I'm a little concerned about Sweetney's playing time though. Isiah might want to move Frye to the starting big forward position which would be lousy consideringSweetney is better than Frye and always will be. But it's still a good signing by the Knicks.

Anyway I think Isiah Thomas should be fired.

Well I think you have to look at Jerome James in the same light as you did Erick Dampier last offseason, when he play hard in Golden State in 03-04, after years of dissappointment in order to recieve the big contract, which Dallas gave him. Then he went back to pretty much being the same Dampier pre-contract season. Jerome James has been known to be a poor team infleuance and lazy, so you have to wonder was his play in the playoffs last year motivated by the opportunity for future earnings. If so then the old James should be showing up to Knicks camp in a few weeks. And New York and its fans just got jobbed again, with a large amount of money invested in garabage. But if not then the Knicks just found their answer to their problem at the 5 spot. So the jury is still out on whether this is a good deal for the Knicks, and the verdict wont be in until I say Febuary. By all-star break we should no what James is about here in NYC

He wont play like he did in that Sacremento series, you see he was garbage in the San Antonios series, hes very inconsistent and he always has a few good games, thats all.

Hes the type of guy to just go out there to play for a contract, thats why he was playin so hard against Sacremento, and also Sacremento told him to find a different profession so he probably took it personal and played hard.

Haha. The Knicks are such suckers. Why does Isiah want to construct a team of unwanted players? Selfish PG, two chuckers (JC & Q), Overpaid underachiever (TT), and a guy that probably expended his talent in one playoff series. I heard NYK is now the best in the Atlantic division? Sure..... try to get a better record than Toronto with that roster.

At least they have Ariza for 3 years. Nate Robinson looks extremely promising. Frye could be something, but won't because Marbury won't feed him the ball.

hey- we seriously need to start sending cards and thank you notes to "ZEKE"

he is keeping the new york area squad in the bottom of the ocean-- and it's coming so naturally for him.. he's got a gift.

that's just another team that could be in our way- but won't be in our way..

so thank you isiah thomas...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."