• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

K Love for Marc Gasol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

shukle

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, bald idea here, tell me what ya think.

When we were rumored to be interested in love, I wasn't so pleased, I thought the fit wasn't as good, because I believed as lbj aged, he would slowly turn into a pf, Kind of like how Duncan moved to C.

Now, lbj can definitely fit together, but I think maybe only for one or two more years until lebrons speed starts declining.

At that time, I thought Marc Gasol was a better fit next an aging lbj, and I still believe that.

So here is a trade proposal for this off-season.

K Love + Mozgov
For
Marc Gasol + fillers.

Why cle would do it? Just answered earlier.

Why Memphis would do it? Seems like this crew isn't getting out of the West this year and has failed to do so for 3 or 4 years now. They need more offense and getting love, who could be number one option and thrive again could be awesome for them. Mozgov mitigates the loss of gasol on defense. Memphis with Love is prolly a championship contender in the West.

As for us : Irving, Lbj and Marc Gasol is such an amazing core. Plenty of offense, defense, all these players can pretty much do everything. They all score and pass well, they can all defend...

Oops, wrong section sorry. Stupid phone and tapatalk. Feel free to move it to trade ideas

LeBron benefits from having a floor spacer in Love whether he scores 25 points a night or not. Would not trade a younger center for an older version along with a power forward whose talent level is on par with Gasol (and about 5 years his junior).

Nah.

Moz for Gasol isn't lateral, Gasol is much better both offensively and defensively.

As for the spacing, Lbj would be a 4 with Gasol at 5. Spacing would be marvelous. Remember Gasol is money as a shooter.

Though I do believe we would need another stretch 4 so LBJ can play at the 3 also.

Memphis has Randolph at PF, how would they use Love as I doubt either would want to come off the bench.

Better yet, let's see what this team does in the playoffs before we propose dealing Love

Don't know about reorienting the offense that much towards the low post.. That's the only issue.

Marc Gasol is obviously better and has greater value than K. Love, this year at least. But I think Love has higher upside/potential, if he can get his shit together.

I just don't think it's the optimal configuration of talent to have slashers/iso high usage players combined with a low-post two-way center like Gasol.

I think Kyrie could adapt; but I dunno about LeBron.

Ultimately if we use this year only as a means of measurement, you trade Love for Gasol and live with it. But I think most folks will look at Love from last year, and use that as a basis to reject the trade on the hope that the Cavs can figure out a way to get him more involved on offense.

Don't know about reorienting the offense that much towards the low post.. That's the only issue.

Marc Gasol is obviously better and has greater value than K. Love, this year at least. But I think Love has higher upside/potential, if he can get his shit together.

I just don't think it's the optimal configuration of talent to have slashers/iso high usage players combined with a low-post two-way center like Gasol.

I think Kyrie could adapt; but I dunno about LeBron.

Ultimately if we use this year only as a means of measurement, you trade Love for Gasol and live with it. But I think most folks will look at Love from last year, and use that as a basis to reject the trade on the hope that the Cavs can figure out a way to get him more involved on offense.

He's not better than Love+Moz though....

And I'm not sure Gasol is a better player than Love. You replace Z-Bo with Love and I think Love is back to 24 ppg. Gasol is 5 years older to boot.

Love provides critical floor spacing for this team. Gasol is a fantastic player, one of the best centers in the league no doubt, but he's several years older than Love and wouldn't provide that same operating space for guys like LeBron and Irving.

Sure, you'd have even better interior defense, but you would also shrink the floor if you did this trade. This team doesn't really have any capable outside threat at the 4 outside of Love. For a team whose offensive staple is to spread the floor with shooters and launch threes, I don't think this is a good move to make. You could live with it (they'd probably still be capable of winning 60+ games), but I think this team as constructed right now can stack up against any other roster in the NBA.

Moz for Gasol isn't lateral, Gasol is much better both offensively and defensively.

As for the spacing, Lbj would be a 4 with Gasol at 5. Spacing would be marvelous. Remember Gasol is money as a shooter.

Though I do believe we would need another stretch 4 so LBJ can play at the 3 also.

You mean someone like Kevin Love?

I'm actually hoping that DeMarcus Cousins demands a trade out of Sacramento and Kevin Love is somehow the best offer they get.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."