• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Durant

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
130123094607-kevin-durant-dunk-lamar-odom-012313.1200x672.jpg

I think it's about time that one of the best players in the game got his own thread.

Durant has been absolutely dominant lately since Westbrook has been down:

32 pts, 14 reb, 10 ast on 12-17 shooting in a win over Philadelphia.
36 pts, 7 reb, 5 ast on 12-22 shooting in a win over San Antonio.
46 pts on 17-25 shooting in a win over Portland.
30 pts, 6 reb, 9 ast on 10-15 shooting in a win over Sacramento.

The dude is putting up 36 PPG, 8 RPG, 7 APG, 1.8 SPG, 1 BPG on .646/.600/.882 shooting in his last four games. He's absolutely insane.

For the season thus far, he's got 31 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 5.1 APG on .504/.413/.882 with a 30.81 PER.

I just think it's amazing that he can literally score at will and remain that efficient from all ranges, even when he is the only real threat that the Thunder really have at the moment with Westbrook down. Teams are planning for him, and he's still just demolishing.

Discuss.

Last edited:
How pissed are you if your him with Lebron in the league at the same time? He would be considered the best player in the league and have all the endorsements and everything if Lebron wasn't playing or was at the end of his career, bad timing. He is one of my favorite players in the league, and there is no doubt he is one of the best SF of all time. I don't think he will be in OKC past this contract without major changes.

Last edited:
Durant is phenomenal. He has the best pure shot in the league. Nowhere on the court is out of his range.

Best feature of Durant? He may be the most humble and down to earth superstar in the league. He has values and seems like a loyal guy. He seems like a guy that doesn't want to leave his team to go ring chasing. I think he stays. He wants to build a winner, not join one.

How pissed are you if your him with Lebron in the league at the same time? He would be considered the best player in the league and have all the endorsements and everything if Lebron wasn't playing or was at the end of his career, bad timing. He is one of my favorite players in the league, and there is no doubt he is one of the best SF of all time. I don't think he will be in OKC past this contract without major changes.

His time will come. In 3-4 years, Durant will likely be the best.

His time will come. In 3-4 years, Durant will likely be the best.

How messed up would it be if Anthony Davis became the No1 player in the league just after LeBron's retirement?

How messed up would it be if Anthony Davis became the No1 player in the league just after LeBron's retirement?

How would that be messed up? If he is, he would have became a monster.

Also, it's going to be quite a while before Lebron is finished. Who knows what the league will look like.

He just turned 25. When LeBron was that age he was just starting to gain traction as the indisputed best player in the league. If you remember, there was a ton of discussion for a long time that Kobe was still the superior player.

I think Durant versus LeBron will follow a similar trajectory, although a couple years later. In 2 years I think Durant will overtake James as best player in the league...mostly because I think LeBron is going to start showing wear soon, but also because Durant continues to expand his floor game at a scary rate.

Either way, love watching this guy play right now.

He is closer to LeBron now than people realize... It's just a hard concept for most to grasp, especially because of the amount of success LeBron has had in the playoffs the last few years.

The 2 of them are in another stratosphere compared to the rest of the league.

Assuming both teams are fully healthy come playoff time (a big if considering Westbrook/Wade), both teams have to be considered favorites to meet in the finals. If it does happen, I expect a much more entertaining series than the last one...

What's your reasoning behind this? If it's because you don't trust Westbrook's health at this point, that's a reasonable argument. Otherwise, I have a hard time seeing Durant leaving OKC. The only real reason he could have would be to be under a bigger spotlight, and I don't see Durant being that kind of player, especially considering that it is extremely unlikely he has a chance to join a roster with a more promising future than OKC's.

His 52 or whatever point game was amazing, at one point he was like 17 of 21 shooting before finishing 1 of 7 or so.

Durant was at it again tonight.

41 pts on 15-25 shooting, 5-7 from deep in a 111-109 win over Atlanta.

My god this man is on a surreal level right now. Anyone else just catch that 4th quarter vs. the Hawks? Thunder had no life in this game and were down 9 late...this dude just willed them to a win with unbelievable shotmaking and timely defense. Reminds me of that stretch of 40 point games that Kobe had where he was at the peak of his powers. Durant is on top of that mountain right now. Except he's got a much better supporting cast then Kobe in those years with guys who genuinely love playing with him, and he's way more efficient.

Any Thunder game is must-see league pass at this point.

What's your reasoning behind this? If it's because you don't trust Westbrook's health at this point, that's a reasonable argument. Otherwise, I have a hard time seeing Durant leaving OKC. The only real reason he could have would be to be under a bigger spotlight, and I don't see Durant being that kind of player, especially considering that it is extremely unlikely he has a chance to join a roster with a more promising future than OKC's.
okc is cheap as hell and will likely struggle to keep their core team together at some point. granted, he could still stay out of loyalty or whatever and carry the team on his back a la lebron-in-cle.

personally i'd like to see him reunite with harden in houston and demolish everyone with a harden-durant-howard core.

and in totally surprising news, he went nuts yet again tonight. when will it end?!

The guy is ridonculous. He might just become a greater player than LeBron when it's all said and done.

Westbrook comes back and Thunder swing a deal to land another piece and I have them winning it all

The guy is ridonculous. He might just become a greater player than LeBron when it's all said and done.

He's a better scorer. But he still has a long way to go to be even considered in the same league as Lebron in the other aspects of the game.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."