• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

"Koby, Dan is on line one ..."

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AllforOne

... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Reaction score
"Hi Koby, Dan here. I just got done talking to Bron and Rich Paul. We're done. We've agreed that it is best for us to part ways. Not an angry thing, no Comic Sans letters this time ... just a mutual recognition that it has been a good run, and now it is time for both of us to move on.

"LeBron wants to win more titles. So do I, but I want to build a team that is bigger than any one player -- like what they have in San Antonio. I want a franchise that is built to last.

"If we do not trade LeBron by the deadline, he will leave us in free agency this summer. One hundred percent chance. Now remember, LeBron does have full veto power over any trades. He has said that he will not approve a trade unless (1) his new team has a legitimate shot at winning it all this season, and (2) his new team does not have to gut their roster in order to get him. So you can't send him to Sacramento, or to Minnesota for Towns and Jimmy Butler.

"And if we do trade LeBron, then we'll probably want to make other moves too. I give you full freedom to make whatever trades you see fit ... within the NBA's rules, of course. No player and no pick is off-limits. If you want to turn over the entire roster, go for it. And don't worry about salaries. My checkbook is open.

"Looking forward to seeing what you can get done. Get to it."

You're Koby. After you put the phone down, and maybe pull the bottle of 30-year Glenlivet out of your desk for a quick shot, what do you do?

(Yes, this is all hypothetical. If you don't want to play, or are about to respond with "THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!", just click on to the next thread.)

tenor.gif

"Hi Koby, Dan here. I just got done talking to Bron and Rich Paul. We're done. We've agreed that it is best for us to part ways. Not an angry thing, no Comic Sans letters this time ... just a mutual recognition that it has been a good run, and now it is time for both of us to move on.

"LeBron wants to win more titles. So do I, but I want to build a team that is bigger than any one player -- like what they have in San Antonio. I want a franchise that is built to last.

"If we do not trade LeBron by the deadline, he will leave us in free agency this summer. One hundred percent chance. Now remember, LeBron does have full veto power over any trades. He has said that he will not approve a trade unless (1) his new team has a legitimate shot at winning it all this season, and (2) his new team does not have to gut their roster in order to get him. So you can't send him to Sacramento, or to Minnesota for Towns and Jimmy Butler.

"And if we do trade LeBron, then we'll probably want to make other moves too. I give you full freedom to make whatever trades you see fit ... within the NBA's rules, of course. No player and no pick is off-limits. If you want to turn over the entire roster, go for it. And don't worry about salaries. My checkbook is open.

You're Koby. After you put the phone down, and maybe pull the bottle of 30-year Glenlivet out of your desk for a quick shot, what do you do?

(Yes, this is all hypothetical. If you don't want to play, or are about to respond with "THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!", just click on to the next thread.)

I would trade him to the team of his choice so long as they could get us assets in return... But in the process, I'm trading everyone else I can for draft picks.

I'll play. Thought about it a lot.

The only deal that makes any sense for both sides is to the Rockets for Ryan Anderson+filler and their 2020,2022,and 2024 unprotected 1st AND 2nd round draft picks as well as right to swap firsts and 2nd's in 2021 and 2023.

The salary filler can either be Tucker+Black or Black+Nene+minimum deal Asian kid. Or Ariza+Black. Whatever Houston prefers (I'd imagine it's the 2nd one). I'd even agree behind the scenes to waive Wade, Green and Rose and Houston can sign them to minimum deals if they want.

LeBron can come back at 38-39 to break the scoring record, play with Bronny, and retire a Cav. Go chase that ghost and we'll see you in 5 years.

Then Im getting a lotto pick for Love and blowing the roster to smithereens.

Last edited:

The only deal that makes any sense for both sides is to the Rockets for Ryan Anderson+filler and their 2020,2022,and 2024 unprotected 1st AND 2nd round draft picks as well as right to swap firsts and 2nd's in 2021 and 2023.

The salary filler can either be Tucker+Black or Black+Nene+minimum deal Asian kid. Or Ariza+Black. Whatever Houston prefers (I'd imagine it's the 2nd one). I'd even agree behind the scenes to waive Wade, Green and Rose and Houston can sign them to minimum deals if they want.

LeBron can come back at 38-39 to break the scoring record, play with Bronny, and retire a Cav. Go chase that ghost and we'll see you in 5 years.

I mean, if you knew he was leaving no matter what and a rebuild was on the way, that's how you do it.

Funny thing is, if for Bron, it's all about A: winning B: wealth building and C: playing with a close friend(not just another player he admires like PG13), than HOU is the only true option that fits all three requirements if he wants to leave this summer.

CP3 is there. They'd wreck the Warriors and the league for at least another 2-3 seasons minimum. No state income tax.

Truth be told, the blueprint was laid by CP3 this summer with his opt in and trade deal. Bron can do the same thing if Dan is willing to play ball this summer. The lack of state income tax in Texas should offset whatever 2018-2019 salary LeBron would lose by opting in vs signing out right with a new team. And HOU would have his Bird rights, no? The new HOU owner has to be on board with the most insane payroll ever, but with Bron, Harden, and CP3, wouldn't they be printing money there anyways?

Can see how staying here would be appealing because of family and legacy. But if he left, and did it with the intent of competing with the Warriors, what other option is even feasible? He ain't going to BOS. OR GS. Or anywhere else.

The more I think of it, I believe its Cleveland or Houston next year for LeBron.

Come on, man. At least be somewhat realistic...

LOL -- Gilbert has had 13 years to do this and hasn't come close.

He should cling to Lebron like a man overboard in the raging ocean clings to a life preserver

I'd be okay with this.

As long as LeBron does come back for his last year to retire a Cav and shit.

While we're in a hypothetical scenario, let's say LeBron is 50-50 on returning. We lose in the Finals, but you think he might come back.

You have a team willing to give you the 6th pick in this draft for Kevin Love. Do you do it?

While we're in a hypothetical scenario, let's say LeBron is 50-50 on returning. We lose in the Finals, but you think he might come back.

You have a team willing to give you the 6th pick in this draft for Kevin Love. Do you do it?

Where did the Nets pick land and who's available at 6?

Where did the Nets pick land and who's available at 6?
We're at 5 from the Nets pick.

Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, and Bamba went 1, 2, 3, and 4.

You're on the clock at 5. You're getting a nibble on Love for #6.

We're at 5 from the Nets pick.

Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, and Bamba went 1, 2, 3, and 4.

You're on the clock at 5. You're getting a nibble on Love for #6.

I don't trade Love. If Porter's back checks out, I take him at 5.

ETA: Wait... scratch that. Who has #6?

I don't trade Love. If Porter's back checks out, I take him at 5.

ETA: Wait... scratch that. Who has #6?
You would get #6 from let's say Memphis. They want Love to pair with Gasol and Conley.

You would get #6 from let's say Memphis. They want Love to pair with Gasol and Conley.

Oh... well, that's a bummer. Don't see anyway you can make that deal without Parsons' salary.

If there was a way to get #6 and a solid player or two, I might think about it. Then you could draft Porter and Jackson.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."