• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kwame Brown To Lakers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
God I cant tell you how happy I am this bum is out of DC. He has no drive to get better he is just a immature overpayed kid. Hopefully Caron Butler will devolp under the leadership of Arenas and Jamison and finally become the player he is capable of being.
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to trade for Kwame Brown.

The Lakers have a deal to send Caron Butler and another player, likely Chucky Atkins, to the Wizards for the first pick in the 2001 draft, the Los Angeles Times reported in Thursday's editions.

Neither L.A. general manager Mitch Kupchak nor Washington president Ernie Grunfeld commented to the paper.

The Wizards could take Devean George instead of Atkins. Brown's stay in Washington has been checkered.

He averaged 7 points and 4.9 rebounds in 42 games last season, slightly below his four-year career averages of 7.7 points and 5.5 rebounds. He has yet to fulfill the potential that made him the first high school player to go first in an NBA draft.

He was suspended for most of the postseason after missing a practice and Game 4 of the Wizards' first-round playoff series against the Chicago Bulls.
Source

I dont like this trade for the Lakers. They're trading a budding star for an underachiever with attitude problems. Caron is gonna be a really good player. Should be a nice replacement for Hughes.

They're banking that Phil Jackson can set Kwame Brown straight. It's a gamble, but if it works, Kwame has a lot of potential that remained untapped in Washington. RealGM had an article in support of Kwame and is really giving him some slack.

Caron Butler is good, but the wing is occupied by Kobe Bryant. A shooter would probably fit best in that position. Or Luke Walton.
The Wizards banked big on this deal: now they have Juan Dixon and Butler to share minutes there, both guys of equal skill and potential.

This trade doesn't really concern me though. Wizards are no longer a threat with Hughes gone. People say he was the 3rd best on the Wizards.. nope, I think he's more important than Antawn Jamison and nearly as important as Arenas. And even if Kwame shows some talent, it wont' be much of a threat in the West and won't affect us much.

Yep, Phil Jackson has a huge project this upcoming season. I bet you Phil turns Kwame into a fine player also. But that is something we are going to have to wait and see.

Kwame has talent, and has youth, if Phil brings out the determination out of him then the Lakers may have found them a nice player.

so what is there big man situation?

Brown/Mihm/Divac who else?

(I LOVE cook's 3 point shooting..)

but caron could have been perfect in the triangle-- perhaps phil didn't think so.

way to redeem on that shaq trade..

so for shaq they got lamar odom brian grant and crummy brown ?

PAX LIKE!!!!

Mitch Kupchak is making Jim Paxson look like a good GM.

Kwame seems like a guy who will never get or live up to his potential. Butler is a solid pro who's proven much more in his career. Atkins is a solid as a backup PG which he'll be in Wash.
I don't like this trade for LA but Wash. did good in getting quality for Brown and to help replace Hughes.

Breaking News: Vlade Divac is going to announce his retirement. No Link just seen it on the bottom on NBA TV

Slim Sheedy said:
Breaking News: Vlade Divac is going to announce his retirement. No Link just seen it on the bottom on NBA TV
i'm devestated :rolleyes:

The Lakers got ripped royally not only do you take on a bust but you give him a fat new deal? Trade ur best point guard trade an up and coming sf/sg, taken 10th overall 2 years ago. Dumb move, wish it was the Wizards getting ripped to help us more.

All I can say is the Phill has a big project to deal with this summer.

The Wizards PF curse will continue, just watch Kwame turn into a monster in LA.

"The saddest thing of all is that Kwame Brown appears to be as clueless today as the day he arrived. It was okay to be a fool at 18, fresh out of high school; the great majority of us were. But he's 23 now and a full-fledged bust whose tough talk on the way out of here makes it so much easier to wave bye-bye without feeling a bit of remorse. The only thing he got partially right in his parting comments to The Post's Michael Lee the other night was, "This is a resurrection." Son, a resurrection is only necessary when you're dead. And yes, indeed, your career here was a flatliner. In the best of times, it was in critical condition. And no matter what happens in Los Angeles and stops beyond, The Career of Kwame Brown will always be a bust here. The real optimists around these parts look at Brown and his hulking body and fret that he'll go to the Lakers and become Jermaine O'Neal, really blossom the way Chris Webber did in Sacramento and Rasheed Wallace did in Portland and Detroit." Washington Post

"He was too trifling to put in the work with Jordan and Charles Oakley, who literally couldn't get him out of bed to practice or work out in the gym. And after they were gone, he was too sorry and no-account to adopt a serious work ethic even though the team's best player -- Arenas -- is a workaholic and has done everything he can think of to include Brown . . . including go to his house and pick him up. By the way, if Brown thinks Kobe and Jackson are going to hold his hand and whisper in his ear he's sadly mistaken. Kobe -- ask his teammates -- is as impatient as Jordan, and the closest thing Jackson has had to a project in the NBA is rookie Toni Kukoc, who'd already been an Olympian." Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/15/AR2005071501705.html

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."