• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

L Cavaliers 98 Sixers 100 -Pre Season

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cdt

Winter Is Here
Reaction score
PRE-SEASON

cle.gif
phi.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers (2 - 0)VSPhiladelphia 76ers (1-1)

Friday, October 14th, 2005
7:30pm ET
Radio : WTAM 1100
Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio

Head Coaches

mike_brown.jpg
maurice_cheeks.jpg

Mike Brown / Maurice Cheeks

Probable Staters

Eric Snow / Allen Iverson
eric_snow.jpg
allen_iverson.jpg

Larry Hughes / Andre Iguodala
larry_hughes.jpg
andre_iguodala.jpg

LeBron James / Kyle Korver
lebron_james.jpg
kyle_korver.jpg

Drew Gooden / Michael Bradley
drew_gooden.jpg
michael_bradley.jpg

Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Steven Hunter
zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg
steven_hunter.jpg

Cleveland Cavaliers Bench

damon_jones.jpg
kelenna_azubuike.jpg
luke_jackson.jpg
donyell_marshall.jpg
alan_henderson.jpg

Damon Jones / Kelenna Azubuike / Luke Jackson / Donyell Marshall / Alan Henderson

Philadelphia 76ers Bench

kevin_ollie.jpg
deng_gai.jpg
john_salmons.jpg
lee_nailon.jpg
ime_udoka.jpg

Kevin Ollie / Deng Gai / John Salmons/ Lee Nailon / Ime Udoka

Cavaliers Note's

* The Cavaliers are 2-0 this preseason but not all is well they have a case of the injury bug as of now with LeBron James, Sasha Pavlovic, Anderson Varejao all out with injuries ranging in severity from a few days to a few weeks to a few months.

* Will the Cavaliers remain consistent and stumble out of the gates and give up a big lead early? Coach Brown usually doesn't practice after a game but he did today stressing the defensive lapses that the C and wants the team to play defense the whole game and just not in spurts.

* Can Luke Jackson maintain his hot start? He will see more time with fellow swingman Sasha Pavlovic out due to injury.

* How will Kelenna Azubuike perform with him likely getting the nod at SG or SF with Pavlovic out. He will pair in the back court with Luke Jackson, and likely see over 20 minutes.

* Will Larry Hughes start scoring? In about 25 minutes a game he is only averaging 8 points. That isn't very good, he needs to pick it up offensively. He has played well defensively speaking so hopefully he can keep that up.

* Will the point guard carousel continue to go around? It only seems fair, Jones started last game so Snow should see a starting oppurtunity come his way. Snow is playing well within the offense but is no three point shooter. However Jones is a three point shooter but is being a bit of a shot chucker.

76er's Notes

* The 76ers are in essence the same team roster wise as they were at the end of last year. The only difference besides the 1 year age progression is the massive increase in contracts.

* The Philadelphia 76er's also have a case of the injury bug with their front court (Webber, Dalembert) both out with right quad strains. Michael Bradley and Steven Hunter will be starting in their places.

* The go to guy remains the same, Allen Iverson will get the majority of the touches and he will look to his young guns in Korver on the wing and Iguodala somewhere above the rim.

* Outside of the starting lineup and the injured list this preseason squad is compiled of relative unknowns. They have some former Cavaliers on the bench in Kevin Ollie, and Lee Nailon but other then that the names get more unfamiliar the further along you go down.

* Are the 76ers big enough to slow down the Cavaliers inside? With their 2 front court starters out and their 2 front court bench guys starting that leaves them very inexperienced inside. Ilgauskas thrives on these sort of situations.

Overview:
The Cavaliers will look to attack the rim with their depleted front court. Look for the big scorers in this one to be Zydrunas Ilgauskas Donyell Marshall and of course The Answer Allen Iverson. It'll be interesting to see if Luke can continue his hot start, see if Donyell can keep the three point flurries falling, see if Larry can get his scoring touch back. Also to see if our defensive game is their early on or if it takes a while to show up as evident in the first two games. CDT PREDICTION: Cavaliers 110 76ers 95​

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Philadelphia 76ers

Nice work CDT. Cleveland should look at this game as a chance to work on their post game. With Dalembert and Webber out, Phili are very thin up fornt. I am not overly concerned about Hughes's output as the teams offense is flowing fine. His defense is key on the perimeter and has come as advertised. His battle with Iguodala should be a eye opener. Jackson on Korver is another highlight, as they try to outshoot each other. Games where we play against scoring point guards like Iverson, are the times Snow should dominate the minutes.

Another game, another chance for Keleena, Wilks, Hamilton, Ekezie and possibly White to impress.

Philli are injury ravaged, but should not be underestimated. They just finished off San Antonio rather comfortably.

Re: Cavaliers vs Sixers -Pre Season

Some things i've noticed so far, we'll see how this game changes things.

If things keep going the way they're going, Luke is going to get the nod over Ira and Sasha. Hes been having a good preseason.

I'd be surprised to see Lebron in for this one, they're probably going to be more cautious because its preseason.

Snow has looked pretty good, playing efficiently and even hitting some jumpers. D Jones has done his job too, jacking up 3s like crazy, but we need more games and an actual offense installed to really see what Damon can do.

Gooden so far has been playing like he really wants to keep that starting spot, if he keeps it up, hes got it sealed and a fat contract next year too.

The Sixers look REALLY weak without C-Webb and Dalembert.

Dungong said:
The Sixers look REALLY weak without C-Webb and Dalembert.

webber looks really weak as it is. i just dont see the sixers as being that good of a team. yes iverson will carry the load like he allways does, but webber is just painful to watch.

Iggy is the man....

If there is another prototype Pippen ? ----------> It's Iggy

I was disappointed with Drew in game 2. He had a disappearing act on the boards. Consistency is just a dirty word. Not saying he played bad, its just you really do not know whats coming next. Lets hope they use this game to work the ball inside to Drew and Z, as they up against a depleted front court. Dominance here with motion off the ball should lead to easy offense.

Nice work on the preview CDT...

I don't think there's any television - I heard somewhere there is an online tv (NBA.com???) that is offering all of the preseason games for free. Does anyone know this, and if so, can you provide a link?

Thanks in advance.

Also, will it be shown on DirecTv NBA League Pass - I'm a subscriber...

Sixers forward Andre Iguodala sat out Thursday's practice, according to Philadelphia Inquirer. Iguodala, who missed the second half of the game against the Spurs, has tendonitis in his right knee.
If Iguodala cannot suit up that leaves them without three starters with Webber and Dalembert already sidelined. I dont believe Iverson will need too much encouragement to be the focal player of their offense with that trio out.

Man lots of injuries thus far in the nba preseason amare lebron and etc...Our back court is completely ravaged, if Azubuike doesn't show up in the next handfull of games then cut him because this is a golden oppurtunity to show he belongs with Sasha Newble James all out and luke off back surgery and larry as fragile as he is...and yes expect Iverson to shoot 4 out of 5 times he has the ball...

I wonder how long before the reports of Z and his insomnia comes up again. Beginning of every season z never catches any zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.:chuckles:

Game times lads. Lets get it oonnnn.

what are the odds that the Cavs start off super cold 3 games in a row?

i don't even get the game on the radio. it's friday night high school football.

Hughes with an aggresive start to the game.

alrighty! got league pass on now.

Hughes has 5 shots in the first 5 minutes.:chuckles:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."