• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron part 2 (2014-2018) memories

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thegodfather

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
What are your favorite memories during LeBron’s second stint here in Cleveland?

We need some positivity right now so please share some happy memories or photos of anything positive that stands out.

Mine was being downtown during game 7 of the 2016 Finals:

27yph7t.jpg

xpyfqp.jpg

RIP LeBron poster:
w1w9kk.jpg

What are your favorite memories during LeBron’s second stint here in Cleveland?

We need some positivity right now so please share some happy memories or photos of anything positive that stands out.

Mine was being downtown during game 7 of the 2016 Finals:

27yph7t.jpg

xpyfqp.jpg

RIP LeBron poster:
w1w9kk.jpg
Obviously the best night ever. I nearly cried when we won. Walking by the poster and seeing "Champions" made me lose it.

Besides the championship run in 2016 I would have to say game 3 2015 of the NBA finals. I won tickets through WTAM and took an old friend of mine to the game . Seeing LeBron and Delly go off was great! Only due to despiration did Golden State change their lineup. Besides the championship run, never have I seen Cleveland celebrate the way they did that night, thought we were going to win it that season.

Everybody's going to talk about the championship (with good reason) but that run in the latter half of the '15 season, after we made the trades to right a leaking ship, was special to me.

We were just utterly dominant and felt primed to "steal" a title from the upstart media darlings GS that year. Still can't believe (actually, I can) our luck with injuries once the postseason hit.

Those little assholes were totally shook until our piecemeal team ran out of gas. Would the Warriors have even been able to go up 3-1 in '16 if we had stolen and stomped on their hearts the previous year? And if they had, would we have possessed the mettle to fight and claw back?

That feeling of lack of fulfillment will always nag.

The only thing I will criticize LeBron for is he does not endear himself to his teammates. Kyrie didnt really like LeBron, K. Love was never shown much love from LeBron. No one from the Miami organization really communicates with LeBron, not even Wade. Look at how the Thunder really worked to make PG feel welcomed. LeBron doesn't do that. He has his posse, Ron Paul, Maverick Carter, and his other long time Akron friends, and that's it. No one else is allowed to really be friends with LeBron, everyone else is just a colleague.

I'm still a bit salty, so the nostalgia hasn't worked it's way in yet.

I will always be fully invested in the Cavs, but was never fully invested in LeBron when he came back. Kyrie was my favorite player on the Cavs until this year, obviously. I appreciated the greatness of LeBron, but didn't have the love after the Decision 1.0.

Glad he brought home the title and appreciate his greatness. It doesn't hurt nearly as much this time. But, I'm not seeing through the rose-colored glasses that a lot of posters are about this upcoming year being exciting and the Cavs potentially not being bad. We are going to suck. But hopefully, its the kind of suck that can net us the next Kyrie Irving and we can start the cycle again.

Delly single handily breaking up the hawks will be my favorite moment from those 4 years.

The only thing I will criticize LeBron for is he does not endear himself to his teammates. Kyrie didnt really like LeBron, K. Love was never shown much love from LeBron. No one from the Miami organization really communicates with LeBron, not even Wade. Look at how the Thunder really worked to make PG feel welcomed. LeBron doesn't do that. He has his posse, Ron Paul, Maverick Carter, and his other long time Akron friends, and that's it. No one else is allowed to really be friends with LeBron, everyone else is just a colleague.

What? He was out to dinner with Wade and Udonis last week? Still very close friends with James Jones, Mike Miller, and a number of other guys. I just don’t think this is accurate. Have no doubt we’ll see him out to dinner with TT and others in the future.

He’s the goat, so yeah, it all revolves around him, but I think he’s generally liked among teammates. Hell he chose a number of them because they were friends.

Lot of reasons to be irritated at Lebron, but idk if this is one of them.

Personally, I'll never forget watching the Cavs win the championship on Father's Day. I watched the game with my dad who was born in 49 and was waiting a long, long time for this. He was so nervous he couldn't watch, he walked on the patio before Kyrie hit the shot because he couldn't watch. I remember screaming telling him to come inside, then when LeBron went down on the foul/missed dunk and was wailing in pain, he went in the hallway and couldn't watch the rest. I just remember running a sub 4 40 down the hallway screaming we won and jumping into each other's arms.

We stayed up all night watching the press conferences and media. JR's emotional speech to his dad on fathers day made my dad tear up. We know Kyrie's relationship with his dad and what that meant for him that day. We know what it meant for LeBron on that day who never had a father and of course makes it a mission to be a great father to his own. I know what it meant for me and my father, and more importantly the city of Cleveland.

I took off the next day from work win or lose, and I'll never forget them getting off the plane with the trophy. LeBron dawning the Ultimate Warrior shirt... JR with no shirt lol.

Ultimate moment of my sport-fan life. Cannot imagine it ever being greater than that. I can sit here and be pissed at LeBron all I want, like posts berating him, but at the end of the day... he came back and brought us that moment. A moment on Father's Day that I will long remember after my dad passes and when one day I am a father.

So for that, thank you LeBron. Thank you Dan Gilbert. Thank you to all the Cavs.

No one except a Clevelander will ever experience that amount of satisfaction from a championship, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

P.S. Warriors blew a 3-1 lead... TO CLEVELAND! This one's for you!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."