• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Lindor

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chuck0609

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Its being reported he turned down about a $100 million extension and doesn't want to discuss salary now.
Its still rather early in his arbitration years as he won't be a UFA until 2022.
Since he has years left, one would think he may be willing to sacrifice top dollar for contract security during this period.
He's a phenomenal player the Cleveland won't be able to match on the open market.

Last edited:
Its being reported he turned down about a $100 million extension and doesn't want to discuss salary now.
Its still rather early in his arbitration years as he won't be a UFA until 2022.
Since he has years left, one would think he may be willing to sacrifice top dollar for contract security during this period.
He's a phenomenal player the Cleveland won't be able to match on the open market.

Normally extensions are signed about the arbitration year for a player which in Lindor's case is 2019, so he will get a contract that will cover 19-22 plus 23 option year is the plan. He is just waiting it out to see what Harper and those guys get cause if they get higher than projected salary, Lindor's agent can ask for more. He still on more of the minimum/base salary deal until 19. So he is holding out hoping that contract would be higher. Indians have guys like Salazar and Bauer to give contract extensions to (if they feel they should) next season. We don't know if they will make deals to keep Santana or Chisenhall longer, so we shall see.

I'm sure with his WS appearance, his production early this season, and his marketable charisma someone is informing him that his sponsorship income will be sufficient enough to allow him to wait and leverage for a larger contract.

Can't blame him either.

On the flip, he suffers a career ending injury and he's left holding his dick.

I'm sure with his WS appearance, his production early this season, and his marketable charisma someone is informing him that his sponsorship income will be sufficient enough to allow him to wait and leverage for a larger contract.

Can't blame him either.

On the flip, he suffers a career ending injury and he's left holding his dick.

Also part of me think we will make a couple trades in 2019, so our cap should be there to give him that extension then so no worries to be sincere.

I just feel this is such a non story.

2 years to arbitration, so 5 years of control right?

I think his agent is being smart and he is listening to his agent. He will get a contract extension with us, but as Lindo reported himself, he wasnt offered 100 million, that is fake news and really so is anything about Lindor and his contract at this point.

I just feel this is such a non story.

2 years to arbitration, so 5 years of control right?

I think his agent is being smart and he is listening to his agent. He will get a contract extension with us, but as Lindo reported himself, he wasnt offered 100 million, that is fake news and really so is anything about Lindor and his contract at this point.

It is and isn't. He turned down a deal close to 100 million (it wasn't a total of 100m). So prior to reaching FA he could have guaranteed probably 80m (I'm going to guess it was 80+) over let's say 7 years.
Hard to turn that down for 500k and the risk of injury.

IMO a player in his situation should always lock up that security first....

The 1st contract usually benefits the team.... The 2nd contract usually benefits the player in the end...

Reactions: caf

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."