• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Lonzo Ball

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Deal

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I figured this will eventually be a active thread around these parts once business picks up. His dad is an egregious asshat, but it doesn't take away the hype that is Lonzo Ball, will he be good? Will he be a huge bust?

I'm thinking Lakers are destined to pick him because he's the hometown kid.

Soooooooo then we have the shoe deal....

There is no deal, they're independently made and priced at $495 and if you want flip flops, or slides, they're $200...

You mean to tell me the Lonzo Ball's are priced higher than Jordan's, or even LeBron's? :chuckle:

This kid better be Michael Jordan and LeBron James in one body.

That's some funny shizzle, right there. If I'm paying $200 for flip-flops, Jesus himself has to have walked in them. Or at least Jesus Quintana.

Last edited:
Wait...those shoes are fire?

I guess I don't know what the hell looks good for basketball shoes. I thought they looked like orthopedic shoes.

Who the fuck that plays basketball can afford those?

I think most people don't like Lonzo because of his father. I think most people don't like Lavar Ball because he's a loud black man who doesn't want to fall in line. That's really it. All of the people saying he's ruining his kids are wrong. He's not ruining them. Their family has been like this long before Lavar was in your faces on every daytime sports talk show.

What exactly are people saying he's ruining? Their reputation? How? Because he talks a lot of shit? Nothing that he's said has stopped Lonzo from being one of the top players in the country. As far as the shoes go if you listen to what they are saying and watch what they are doing then you would know that they have a plan and are executing it. Those shoes and all of their branded merchandise are for a targeted group of people. If you don't have money to buy them then they aren't for you. Everybody doesn't have money for LeBron's or J's but you don't see people trashing the players. Why? Because of the way they act?

Lavar Ball's behavior has not effected Lonzo Ball on the court. It hasn't effected him off the court either. In fact I have yet to see anyone say anything negative about Lonzo or his brothers. Everyone just wants to kill Lavar because he doesn't conduct himself in a way you want him to? Ok?? Their family is building a brand. If you don't like it than that's ok it's not for you. I just don't think people should be telling him how to raise his kids and meddling into their personal lives like he's abusing his kids or something.

People will buy these shoes. I've seen people lined up around corners to buy more expensive Yeezy's. Fucking Yeezy's!!!! There's a market for these shoes and a targeted audience. They will sell as exclusives. Delly has a $125 shoe. Lonzo Ball will be just fine selling $495 shoes with his own brand. That last part about it bing his own brand is what so many people seem to be missing.

If you spend $495 on basketball shoes, you either have too much money, or fucked-up priorities.

Those shoes cost $5 to make, and the Malaysians who make them get about 3 cents of that. $100 basketball shoes will get the job done, and then you can send the other $395 to Mali, to buy food for kids who suck on rocks all day, so the hunger pangs won't hurt so bad...

I think most people don't like Lonzo because of his father. I think most people don't like Lavar Ball because he's a loud black man who doesn't want to fall in line. That's really it. All of the people saying he's ruining his kids are wrong. He's not ruining them. Their family has been like this long before Lavar was in your faces on every daytime sports talk show.

I'm Black; and I don't fall in line for shit.

I think he's ruining his kids' reputation.

What am I missing bro?

I've seen people lined up around corners to buy more expensive Yeezy's. .

Half of the "Yeezy" shoes look like slippers.

The newer ones are starting to inch closer to UGG boots:

adidas-yeezy-750-chocolate_02.jpg

vs

main-qimg-8e27179f650b96c5f29a29dbc9cc8d4a

I'm Black; and I don't fall in line for shit.

I think he's ruining his kids' reputation.

What am I missing bro?

What evidence is there that he's ruining his kids reputation? Everyone says this yet there is nothing to prove that. I have only seen people speak highly of Lonzo Ball both on and off the court. So what exactly is Lavar Ball ruining?

And yes him being black has a lot to do with it. Much like people who culdn't stop talking shit about Cam because he dances yet don't have shit to say when Gronk throws a Girls Gone Wild cruise boat party. It's the same as when people say they hate Floyd yet praise Connor McGregor. If Lavar Ball was white people would be calling him a savvy businessman but instead everyone thinks his like the worst dad ever and it has not had any effect on his kids.

White, Black, Chinese, who cares, he's a outspoken idiot who shouldn't be in position to be that outspoken in the first place. He's to be seen, not heard. (Like every other athlete's parent) You'd think he had a hall of fame Michael Jordan career or something. Lavar goes about things the wrong way simple as that. I never heard of this situation ever.

Personally, I hope the brand burns down. Lavar loves attention, he seeks the hell out of that, he loves being talked about. Best thing for me as a sports fan is he goes away in complete laughter, meaning his kid has a bust of a career. So far, so good, UCLA got slapped.

(I could probably really like Lonzo, but Lavar brings the dislike)

White, Black, Chinese, who cares, he's a outspoken idiot who shouldn't be in position to be that outspoken in the first place. He's to be seen, not heard. (Like every other athlete's parent) You'd think he had a hall of fame Michael Jordan career or something. Lavar goes about things the wrong way simple as that. I never heard of this situation ever.

Personally, I hope the brand burns down. Lavar loves attention, he seeks the hell out of that, he loves being talked about. Best thing for me as a sports fan is he goes away in complete laughter, meaning his kid has a bust of a career. So far, so good, UCLA got slapped.

(I could probably really like Lonzo, but Lavar brings the dislike)

@gourimoko

Read the tone of this post. Particularly the part about Lavar being an outspoken idiot who shouldn't be in his position in the first place. Sure this has nothing to do with Lavar being black at all......

@gourimoko

Read the tone of this post. Particularly the part about Lavar being an outspoken idiot who shouldn't be in his position in the first place. Sure this has nothing to do with Lavar being black at all......

It doesn't. He's not Lonzo, he's Lavar, a parent. For your stupid race thing, I call Skip Bayless a outspoken idiot too, and I wish he wasn't in that position. But such is life.

Here's another comparison/hypothetical @Los216

What if LeBron Jr is everything his dad was in highschool, goes to college as a top recruit, highly touted draft pick of the NBA, does LeBron go All-Lavar Ball on us? Most likely NO, but why? Could it be because LeBron is smarter than that?

Here's another comparison/hypothetical @Los216

What if LeBron Jr is everything his dad was in highschool, goes to college as a top recruit, highly touted draft pick of the NBA, does LeBron go All-Lavar Ball on us? Most likely NO, but why? Could it be because LeBron is smarter than that?

What is All-Lavar Ball? What has Lavar Ball done that is soooo horrible? WHAT HAS LAVAR BALL DONE TO RUIN HIS KIDS REPUTATION?

What is All-Lavar Ball? What has Lavar Ball done that is soooo horrible? WHAT HAS LAVAR BALL DONE TO RUIN HIS KIDS REPUTATION?
Nevermind, you're in a small minority of liking BBB.

Lavar is a saint. He does no wrong. He will beat Jordan in a 1on1.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."