• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LONZO BALL.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JrRD35

Rookie
Reaction score
Your verdict on this kid.

I have seen enough.

BBB =BIG BALLER BUST?!

He scored 0 points against the Magics. I mean the kid has no aggression, no drives or floater game.

He sort of makes up for his offensive deficiency with his defense and passing. But that's just not enough.

He had more fouls 5 than points 0.

Him and Kuzma both s#$cking bad.

It's a tough one. He's only 21 and has improved his 3pt shot significantly. Currently at 38% which is above league's average.

It's a tough one. He's only 21 and has improved his 3pt shot significantly. Currently at 38% which is above league's average.

I don't know what the Lakers will do if he continues to play like this. I feel bad for the kid. But Magic has no choice but to trade him when he still has value. The more he gets exposed like this the more his value drops.

The odd thing about the kid is not just his jump shot. It's the fact he can't penetrate in the paint at all!!! He just throws more bricks when he drives, his floater is non existent.Really one of the worst 2nd pick. Fultz and Lonzo are probably the worst picks in NBA history. Both have weird shooting forms.

Fultz and Lonzo are probably the worst picks in NBA history.

1381545712000-AnthonyBennett1011.jpg

From what Iv seen his biggest weakness is that he can’t really finish at the rim at the NBA level unless it’s a wide open layup, he has a very low vertical jump off one leg which makes it even harder for him, to combine that with his lack of touch or creativity around the basket and you get a guy who’s not really a threat.

He also lacks an explosive first step so it’s extremely hard for him to get by NBA level defenders off the dribble, the kid is just too slow and lacks that explosive burst to be able to penetrate effectively, he does have solid open court speed when he gets going though.

He does other things well though, he looks like a solid defender and rebounder especially at the PG position and like Jstock said it looks like his 3PT is improved which is a good sign.

From what Iv seen his biggest weakness is that he can’t really finish at the rim at the NBA level unless it’s a wide open layup, he has a very low vertical jump off one leg which makes it even harder for him, to combine that with his lack of touch or creativity around the basket and you get a guy who’s not really a threat.

He also lacks an explosive first step so it’s extremely hard for him to get by NBA level defenders off the dribble, the kid is just too slow and lacks that explosive burst to be able to penetrate effectively, he does have solid open court speed when he gets going though.

He does other things well though, he looks like a solid defender and rebounder especially at the PG position and like Jstock said it looks like his 3PT is improved which is a good sign.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Lonzo’s jumper is funky, but I think he’ll be able to settle into being a good enough catch and shoot player.

The bigger issue like you said is that he’s just not very explosive with ball in his hands and he’s not a good finisher.

Basically he’s a 3&D guy with good rebounding ability. His court vision, unselfishness and passing are very good, but none of those skill play up as much as they should because he isn’t able to beat defenders off the dribble.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Lonzo’s jumper is funky, but I think he’ll be able to settle into being a good enough catch and shoot player.

The bigger issue like you said is that he’s just not very explosive with ball in his hands and he’s not a good finisher.

Basically he’s a 3&D guy with good rebounding ability. His court vision, unselfishness and passing are very good, but none of those skill play up as much as they should because he isn’t able to beat defenders off the dribble.

That's why he is basically scared to take a shot, any shot on the floor and passes the rock up immediately when he gets it. He's good when it goes in but when he gets into one of those funk. He has nothing to rely on. His bread and butter is to pass the rock. Not to score it. I mean this kid gets open looks and just passes it up. Like DON'T GIVE IT TO ME. GET IT AWAY from me kind of pass. Most rooks would take those shots no hesitation what so ever. I mean dang! Lonzo gets the rock, he wants to get rid of it immediately. He wants nothing to do with it. Because like you said he can't get by his man or finish around traffic. Poor kid. He has put on muscle to take contact and strength to finish but it's just not enough. SAD state of affairs.

Bummer about his dad too...

:boredom:

Lonzo will be fine in a few years... He needs to be traded from the Lakers because playing alongside LeBron with Rondo coming off the bench really isn't the best situation for a developing player like him. He's too raw for that, and it's frankly too big a stage for him night in and night out.

Lonzo would be much better served coming off the bench on a mid-market team like the Wolves where expectations were not so high, winning wasn't necessarily the end goal compared to player development, and the team was willing to take it's time with his progression (which will take years).

Lonzo would be much better served coming off the bench on a mid-market ... where expectations were not so high, winning wasn't necessarily the end goal compared to player development, and the team was willing to take it's time with his progression (which will take years).
You just described the Cavs.

He fucken sucks dick. There are legit middle school girls that have a better shot then him. He good for 2 airballs a game and is a pussy at the rim. The guy picked ahead of him isn't much better, like how the fuck do you forget how to shoot. Thank god for Victor Oladipo finally becoming an all-star level player to save us from being part of the worst top two picks in NBA draft history.

Still fries my ass thinking about that fucking draft.

At least it wasn't that great of a draft. Oladipo was the only stud out of that draft who was a realistic #1 pick. Neither Giannis nor Gobert were rated that high. That being said, even getting a decent starter / role player like Otto Porter would've been a huge win compared to Bennett.

It's becoming like Fultz a big mental case. Lonzo had a lane for a lay up and wouldn't take it like he scurrd to get in the lane or something.So the kid immediately passed to Lebron who was surprised and had to improvise a fade away J. This is getting bad every game. The only way he scores is on the free throw or the long ball with his unorthodox jump shot he either bricks, air balls or pray he makes it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."