• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MAC Basketball 2014-2015

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Will Win the 2015 MAC Tournament?

• Western Michigan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ohio

• Eastern Michigan

• Northern Illinois

• Buffalo

• Miami

• Kent State

• Central Michigan or Ball State

• Total voters

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Looking around the MAC, here's who the top teams lost from last season:

Akron - Diggs

Buffalo - McCrea, Freelove, Oldham, Nuiriankh

Ohio - Kellogg, Hall, Johnson, Smith, Wilkins

Can't - Goodson, Henniger, Tabb, Vedder

Toledo - Pearson, Smith, Beatty

Western Michigan - Whittington, Brown

Eastern Michigan - Riley, Sims, Hughley, Bryant, Strickland, Harrison

As this list makes evident, some major contributors have moved on and many teams will have new faces in the rotation this season.

My early prediction is Akron over Toledo in the MAC Tournament Finals. While Akron lost Diggs to graduation, they have found their answer at point guard in true freshman Noah Robotham - he is my early pick for MAC Freshman of the Year. They'll also start getting contributions from redshirt freshmen BJ Gladden and Aaaron Jackson and true freshman Antino Jackson. Demetrius "Tree" Treadwell - with a true PG again - should have a monster senior year.

Anyone willing to do a quick overview/team preview of their favorite school? I'd be curious to hear from fans around the league and how they view the upcoming season. I can do Akron this weekend.

Akron losses from last season- Diggs, Harney, and now Treadwell smh.

It was encouraging to see them blow out USC yesterday, though I dont think USC is very good. Impressed was Robo, Jackson, Cheatham, and Forsythe. Chance for what I think could be a quality win come tournament time against Miami today.

Kent off to a surprising 5-2 start.

It's been an interested season so far...most surprising has been OU, who is now 5-10, 0-4 in the MAC.

It's been an interested season so far...most surprising has been OU, who is now 5-10, 0-4 in the MAC.

Jim Christian left that cupboard pretty bare. Knew I didn't like the guy when I met him.

Another great win for Kent State tonight. Beat Central Michigan, who came in scoring the third most points per game in the nation and led the country in three point shooting percentage. Held them to 4 of 23 from the three point arc. Moves their record to 15-5 overall and 6-1 in the MAC. Another big contest Friday night at Buffalo (10 pm on ESPNU).

Central Michigan is slowly coming back down to earth. They've averaged 73 PPG over their last 7 contests. It's looking more and more like they were the beneficiary of a pretty weak non-conference schedule. However, still a solid team.

Kent State is a big of an enigma. Their wins have come against NIU (2-5), EMU (2-5), Ball State (2-5), Central Michigan (4-3), and Toledo (4-3). Their sole MAC loss came against BG (5-2). Every single conference game they've played has been close. Looking at non-conference, this is a team that was losing at halftime to Malone (it was a 2 point game with 1:29 to go) but picked up a nice win against ND State. It'll be interesting to see what they do against Buffalo.

The biggest shocker of the night was OU. Man oh man, what has happened to them? A 36 point loss at Eastern Michigan? Yikes.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."