• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MAC Tournament Predictions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just for fun, let's see who can predict the most outcomes. Winner gets repped by everyone involved. One point for each correct pick in the first four rounds, three points for picking the champion.

First Round

Game 1 - #5 Eastern Michigan vs #12 Northern Illinois
Game 2 - #8 Western Michigan vs #9 Ball State
Game 3 - #6 Bowling Green vs #11 Central Michigan
Game 4 - #7 Toledo vs #10 Miami

Second Round

Game 6 - Game 1 Winner vs Game 2 Winner
Game 7 - Game 3 Winner vs Game 4 Winner

Third Round

Game 8 - #4 Kent State vs Game 6 Winner
Game 9 - #3 Ohio vs Game 7 Winner

Semi-Finals

Game 10 - #1 Akron vs Game 8 Winner
Game 11 - #2 Buffalo vs Game 9 Winner

Championship

Game 10 Winner vs Game 11 Winner

My picks:

First Round

Game 1 - #5 Eastern Michigan over #12 Northern Illinois
Game 2 - #8 Western Michigan over #9 Ball State
Game 3 - #6 Bowling Green over #11 Central Michigan
Game 4 - #10 Miami over #7 Toledo

Second Round

Game 6 - #8 Western Michigan over #5 Eastern Michigan
Game 7 - #6 Bowling Green over #10 Miami

Third Round

Game 8 - #4 Kent State over #8 Western Michigan
Game 9 - #6 Bowling Green over #3 Ohio

Semi-Finals

Game 10 - #1 Akron over #4 Kent State
Game 11 - #2 Buffalo over #6 Bowling Green

Championship

#1 Akron over #2 Buffalo

First Round

Second Round

Game 6 - EMU over Ball
Game 7 - BG over Miami

Third Round

Game 8 - #4 Kent State over EMU
Game 9 - BG over Ohio

Semi-Finals

Game 10 - #1 Akron over Kent
Game 11 - BG over Buffalo

Championship

BG over Akron

A bit homer. Roll Along!

Second Round

Game 6 - Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State
Game 7 - Bowling Green vs. Toledo

Third Round

Game 8 - #4 Kent State vs Eastern Michigan
Game 9 - #3 Ohio vs Toledo

Semi-Finals

Game 10 - #1 Akron vs Kent State
Game 11 - #2 Buffalo vs Ohio

Championship

Kent State vs. Ohio

Part of me hates the MAC because its always impossible to predict. At the same time, that's what March is all about, right?

(I have no confidence in any of my picks...)

Kent has the talent to beat anyone in the field. But they're a rudderless ship with serious chemistry issues.

the Mid American Conference is significant FICTION

Your contribution to this thread is significant/witty FICTION

Seriously, if the MAC isn't significant to you, why bother clicking on the thread and/or commenting?

Kent has the talent to beat anyone in the field. But they're a rudderless ship with serious chemistry issues.

Justin Greene has a bum wheel too.

In all honesty, I think five teams have the talent to win it - Akron, Buffalo, Ohio, Kent State, and Bowling Green. Bowling Green is the big sleeper - I seriously think they could upset both Buffalo and OU. Should be an exciting tournament!

And Bowling Green loses to Central Michigan...

Your contribution to this thread is significant/witty FICTION

Seriously, if the MAC isn't significant to you, why bother clicking on the thread and/or commenting?

I went to Akron, I'm just saying don't expect any big runs out of the MAC. The entire MAC is unathletic and soft

Justin Greene has a bum wheel too.

In all honesty, I think five teams have the talent to win it - Akron, Buffalo, Ohio, Kent State, and Bowling Green. Bowling Green is the big sleeper - I seriously think they could upset both Buffalo and OU. Should be an exciting tournament!

This just demonstrates how awful the West is and how much it's currently bringing down the conference. The conference RPI would be way higher if you dumped 4 or 5 of the teams from the west.

Anyway, I definitely think it will be out of Akron, Buffalo, Ohio and Kent. Of course I'm going to be partial to Ohio since I'm a Bobcat, but they cause a lot of matchup problems with their length and athleticism. They seem to give Akron more fits than anyone else, and this has been true over the last couple seasons. Kent's tough as always, but as Greasy mentioned they're dealing with some chemistry issues at the wrong time of the year. Buffalo can be a very dangerous team because of the play of their two bigs.

Really, I just hope the semi's play out according to seed as Akron vs. Kent and Ohio vs. Buffalo would be two great games and the championship game would wind up with some intriguing story lines regardless of who's in it. I think ultimately it will be Akron vs. Ohio in the finals, and Ohio will prevail in a nail-biter much like two years ago.

Another thing to keep in mind, should Ohio not get upset by Toledo/CMU, is that the Bobcats have already beaten Buffalo twice this year. They led the whole game in Athens, and they won at Buffalo by double digits. One would assume that Ohio, despite being the lower seed, actually holds the advantage in this matchup.

Of course, its always difficult to beat a team three times in one season.

Another thing to keep in mind, should Ohio not get upset by Toledo/CMU, is that the Bobcats have already beaten Buffalo twice this year. They led the whole game in Athens, and they won at Buffalo by double digits. One would assume that Ohio, despite being the lower seed, actually holds the advantage in this matchup.

Of course, its always difficult to beat a team three times in one season.

Very true...in fact, both Akron and OU would both be doing for the season trifecta against their respective opponents.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."