• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Malware warning?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of the Rafters at the Q

Out of the Rafters
Reaction score
I got this message when I tried to view a forum on here:

http://imgur.com/iZgrA.png

iZgrA.png

Is it just me? Or is something up with RCF?

It's most likely from the ads that are on the site. Unfortunately we cannot remove the ads because they are going to keep this forum alive. My only suggestion is to not click on the "named" ad. Most of the links are safe. But thank you for listing this, I can remove them from the rotation.

Last edited:
What's with the blank pop-up window I am getting about 75% of the time I change or refresh a page? I assume it's part of the ad campaign, but it isn't working correctly since it's only popping a blank anyway...

When i went into the Cavs Talk section i got some pop up about urban music or something and having to be on a constant loop, then the site would just randomly turn to this page http://secoscan.info/25/27-093wL4QzL1EzL== and AVG kept popping up with "Threat Detected" while i was on the page.

I closed out and it seemed to have stopped but I just thought you guys should know.

Last edited:
I am getting like a Trojan warning from here...

I keep getting that damned VirusDoctor or whatever the hell its called popup on my screen saying im infected and trying to install shit on my computer.

Its such a pain, because I have to go to task manager and end my firefox session and restart whenever the popup comes up or else it will install malware on my laptop regardless if I try to decline it.

I keep getting that damned VirusDoctor or whatever the hell its called popup on my screen saying im infected and trying to install shit on my computer.

Its such a pain, because I have to go to task manager and end my firefox session and restart whenever the popup comes up or else it will install malware on my laptop regardless if I try to decline it.

Same here....I'm also having intermittent problems with the page freezing...and it's usually when a specific ad at the top of the page comes up (It's the NorthEast Factory Direct one.....partially yellow).

Last edited:
christ i just had the virusdoctor hit me 4 consecutive times trying to get on this site. I had to close fire fox each time

I added a bunch of stuff to my Firefox that forbids scripts and such...haven't had a problem since then.

I added a bunch of stuff to my Firefox that forbids scripts and such...haven't had a problem since then.

actually i have only had problems on my laptop running windows 7. windows vista on my desktop hasnt had problems

actually i have only had problems on my laptop running windows 7. windows vista on my desktop hasnt had problems

I am running Vista, but I had problems last night and this morning on this site and another. It's that secoscan.info or w/e...I just exited out and it was fine for me.

Also had my AVG anti-virus program blocking this page a couple times.

yea, I use Noscript & ABP (google 'ABP firefox' for this one) and haven't had any alerts/popups/etc.

unfortunately where i work (a Gov't site) the pop up the site gets reads like a trojan virus (it happened last week). Meaning I got a call from an gov't IT guy, I had to re-start my computer, and run a full computer scan. not a good day :(

I wish it was as simple as installing a script on firefox, but they ONLY use IE, and they dont give admin rights to anyone to install anything.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."