• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mayo,,,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mac

Slow Motion See Me Let Go
Reaction score
So where does OJ Mayo go now that he cant goto the NBA?

This kid is the truth,,,he is legit, but Im interested in what his choices are going to be in two years.

He goes to play in Europe. Hope he has a lot of air miles. :chuckles:

I heard him and Bill Walker are planning on going to the same college. They'd be a great duo to watch in the college game.

actually Mayo will be able to go to the nba. im pretty sure he is 17 right now and will be a junior this coming year so by the time he graduates, he will be 19 i think.

No he wont.

You have to be one year removed, or 19 to be in the draft.

Regardless of his age, the 19 is more so for the Euros.

ohhh i didnt know about that 1 year removed thing. Well, where ever he goes, im sure his bestfriend Bill Walker will go to so that would be a great team to watch in the NCAA.

I saw in my local paper today the News-Herald that O.J Mayo intends on graduating highschool and playing in the NBDL for 1 season then jumping up to the NBA...

He isnt that stupid.

Actually thats what he said he wanted to do his agent said this earlier this year. " I pray to god that O.J. Mayo never sets foot on a college basketball court. " He will go to the NBDL he doesn't want to go to school anymore..

Seems like OSU verbal Mike Conley got the best of him in a head to head matchup.

Article

Conley's big game

The anticipation heading into Saturday morning was the spotlight matchup of the nation's best and best-known players: Oden vs. Mayo.

Though Oden is a center and Mayo is a guard, the top-ranked players in each of the next two classes create a buzz anytime they share the court.

When the game was over, the chatter was all about Conley outplaying Mayo.

Though the two have played against each other many times, this was the first time the two went head-to-head at the point guard position. Conley finished with a game-high 15 points on 5-for-9 shooting as his Sonics beat Mayo's 76ers 74-66.

Mayo had nine points, making just 3-of-13 shots. Conley and Mayo guarded each other during the two quarters their groups were on the floor.

"It was fun," Conley said. "I like competition and he likes competition, so we were bumping heads."

Conley was a defensive star all week in a setting when most players focus on offense. In addition to holding Mayo to nine points, Conley held Oklahoma recruit Scottie Reynolds to one point, Willie Kemp to two points, and Edwin Rios scoreless. Reynolds and Kemp are among the top point guards in the 2006 class and Rios is in the 2007 class.

Good thing Conley and Oden commited to THE Ohio State University they should be a force come 07.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."