• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

McMillan leaves Seattle for Portland

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

joma

Sixth Man
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2101994

Former Seattle SuperSonics head coach Nate McMillan has agreed to five-year contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford.

McMillan was believed to be the Blazers' No. 1 choice all along, with the team also talking to former Blazers player and Bucks ex-coach Terry Porter and Phoenix assistant Marc Iavaroni.

The Blazers appeared close to offering the job to Iavaroni in late June, with the caveat that they first wanted a shot at luring McMillan away from the SuperSonics. The New York Times reported Sunday that Portland is offering McMillan an annual salary of $6 million.

McMillan had been given a deadline by the Sonics to decide his coaching future by the middle of this week.

McMillan had served as Sonics coach since November of 2000, building a 212-183 record in Seattle.

This past season, he led the Sonics to a 52-30 record and a Northwest Division championship. The Sonics made it to the Western Conference semifinals before losing to the eventual NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

Great - now Flip can go to Seattle, and MKE will be up a creek w/o a paddle. Either way, this is good for us.

I'm really surprise he went to the Blazers.. I thought after they got Allen back he would go back as well.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."