• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Miko Grimes goes OFF!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MikeOC33

Cavs Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow... that is one angry (and overly protective!) lady! She pulls no punches, and I'm pretty sure she wears the pants in that household!

Wife of Dolphins cornerback directs fiery Twitter rant at NFL
By: Micah Peters18 hours ago
#WheelsUp… Finally!!! So happy to be leaving Phx! I hope the Pro Bowl is never there again, and i hope the Arizona Biltmore gets infested with rats and has to close down. #ThatIsAll #WorstHotelEver #iWillExplainLater

A photo posted by Miko Grimes (@iheartmiko) on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:39pm PST

Miko Grimes, wife of Dolphins Pro Bowler cornerback Brent Grimes has had it with the NFL.

On Monday evening, she went on a fiery, expletive-laced Twitter rant directed at the NFL. She started with her accusation that they’d pulled Brent’s pay for his Pro Bowl appearances because he left practice to tend to her in the hospital following emergency oral surgery.

She then took the NFL to task for its thoughtlessness towards women, citing its carless handling of the Ray Rice case, its poor follow-through in concussion protocols, railed against the stupidity of Thursday Night Football, and called the league out for generally being miserly.
She also throws a couple of shots J.J. Watt’s way for taking the title of Defensive MVP from her husband, but the media votes and decides on the MVP, not the league.

For those of u that dont know, i had emergency oral surgery on Thursday. My husband was concerned for me, so he asked coach Garrett if he
— Miko Grimes (@iHeartMiko) January 26, 2015

could miss practice to be there for me bcuz i was stressed and in a lot of pain. Coach Garrett and and NFL exec excused him from practice

to be there for me. Well… Apparently, the right hand of the @nfl didnt tell the left hand he wouldnt be there that day, so they yanked

his paid appearances & are not happy with him. What kind of message does that send to the players? Do they think they are above family?

WTF was he supposed to do? Stay at a PRO BOWL practice while his wife is in pain that equates child birth? Was him missing a fan autograph

There is NO REASON ALL ALL why Brent Grimes shouldnt have been MVP of the defense!!! NONE!!!! Do u hear me??????

They asked helped it stay quiet bcuz its none of their business until Ray Rice clocked his now wife on camera. Then all of a sudden NOMORE?

Im contemplating naming SEVERAL players that the @nfl violated the concussion rules with players but that would take down ppl i care about.

They ask these guys to play a game on Sunday, then turn around and play again on Thursday! Know why?

Hey @nfl when u ask them to play on thursday night, ur asking them to have 2 car crashes in one week. Why do u do that if u care about them?
#DropsMic ✌️

She's right on pretty much everything she said, with the exception of wtf'ever she was talking with MVP of the defense in the damn Pro Bowl. WGAF. She also sounds a bit like a lunatic, but whatevs.

At this point, I just like seeing the NFL get slammed for the sham organization that is at the top.

That car crash shit is over the top. Don't play the game for millions if u wanna look at it that way.

She's right on pretty much everything she said, with the exception of wtf'ever she was talking with MVP of the defense in the damn Pro Bowl. WGAF. She also sounds a bit like a lunatic, but whatevs.

At this point, I just like seeing the NFL get slammed for the sham organization that is at the top.
I bet she has one of those 'Well behaved women seldom make history' bumper stickers. Lots of good points. Of course, before flipping out about the pay issue she pretty much nailed the reasoning- the league didn't know why he wasn't there. Also, considering the circumstances- this was an exhibition game, his coach in this situation cannot contest him, this isn't part of his contract pay- he probably should have double checked or gotten authorization first. The whole 'it's an exhibition game' goes both ways: he wasn't obligated to go and part if the terms of getting the paychrck to show up for an exhibition is fulfilling the duties involved, which are completely promotional. During the regular season he would be fine, but this wasn't regular season. a miscommunication but at the same time he didn't fulfill all of his obligations to deserve the full check. The reason why is negligible.

That car crash shit is over the top. Don't play the game for millions if u wanna look at it that way.
I'll disagree fully here. She makes a valid point and expresses a feeling of most players. 3 days is too little turn around time in such a violent game. It doesn't help the product to be running two tired teams out there just for the few extra dollars it earns the NFL. It is just another example of the league ignoring a potential health issue just to make money. There doesn't need too be an exhaustive study to show that 3 days between games is not enough.

I watched another interview she had at an airport after the tweets... she sounded reasonable and informed. She recited her husbands college stats, the his entry into the NFL, and she has obviously been listening to either her husband or someone else because her concerns are not in the awareness range of the general public... so maybe her hubby is using her as a mouthpiece... speaking of which, she's a decent looking woman too.

I remember when Brent was a FA a few years ago coming off his injury with Atlanta, and the Browns were a finalist, along with Miami, to sign him... even though it didn't go our way his wife went on Twitter and had nothing but nice things to say about Cleveland and Browns fans. For that reason alone, she's cool in my book.

I bet she has one of those 'Well behaved women seldom make history' bumper stickers. Lots of good points. Of course, before flipping out about the pay issue she pretty much nailed the reasoning- the league didn't know why he wasn't there. Also, considering the circumstances- this was an exhibition game, his coach in this situation cannot contest him, this isn't part of his contract pay- he probably should have double checked or gotten authorization first. The whole 'it's an exhibition game' goes both ways: he wasn't obligated to go and part if the terms of getting the paychrck to show up for an exhibition is fulfilling the duties involved, which are completely promotional. During the regular season he would be fine, but this wasn't regular season. a miscommunication but at the same time he didn't fulfill all of his obligations to deserve the full check. The reason why is negligible.

For those of u that dont know, i had emergency oral surgery on Thursday. My husband was concerned for me, so he asked coach Garrett if he

could miss practice to be there for me bcuz i was stressed and in a lot of pain. Coach Garrett and and NFL exec excused him from practice

A random exec is not 'the league.' Who was this 'exec' and what authority did they have? Apparently they didn't have that permission, because had they checked with those that did then Grimes wouldnot have been docked whatever it was that he was docked (has it even been confirmed that he was?).

I bet she has one of those 'Well behaved women seldom make history' bumper stickers.

The only girls more important to avoid than the "well behaved women" ones are the "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best," idiots.

The only girls more important to avoid than the "well behaved women" ones are the "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best," idiots.

I dated one of these girls in college. Self-centered, psycho at times, but really good in bed. Her mom was the worst though... she'd say shit like "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy" and actually believed it.

The chick married the dude she dated after me, divorced him, quit her job and started an "art company." Now she spends her days posting "artsie" selfies of herself all day on facebook and complaining about how she's single. :crazy:

I dated one of these girls in college. Self-centered, psycho at times, but really good in bed. Her mom was the worst though... she'd say shit like "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy" and actually believed it.

The chick married the dude she dated after me, divorced him, quit her job and started an "art company." Now she spends her days posting "artsie" selfies of herself all day on facebook and complaining about how she's single. :crazy:

The girl I "dated" before my wife was one of these too. She literally had both of those dumbass quotes on her myspace and facebook profiles.

Far as I know she is still married to the guy she was dating at the time I was messing around with her. She justified cheating on him with me because he was cheating on her and would make aggressively flirty posts on my wall referencing the places we were and what we were doing right up until the parts we'd started messing around. And I know for a fact he'd see them because hours later she'd call me telling me he was onto her and she didn't know why.

These girls end up marrying someone and having their kids. That's the fucked up part to me.

I love it when women post this quote on FB. Way to tout Marilyn Monroe as a voice of wisdom.

I love it when women post this quote on FB. Way to tout Marilyn Monroe as a voice of wisdom.

And not even Marilyn Monroe. Some guy who wrote the script. She just said the fuckin words.

EDIT: This isn't even attributable to Marilyn Monroe and obviously isn't from a movie she was in. Mis-attributed quotes irritate the shit out of me too.

But then again you know what they say:

The definition of insanity...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."