• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MLB Awards Prediction

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sportscoach

RD's Guardians PR Man!
Reaction score
Well I may as well start this since it may not matter a whole lot, but I wanted to try this anyways. I am going to predict the award winners for baseball!! My AL predictions! I will do my NL like tomorrow in an edit lol

AL MVP: 2B Altuve - Astros
AL Cy Young: Kluber - Indians
AL Manager of the Year: Paul Molitor - Twins
AL Rookie of the Year: RF Aaron Judge - Yankees

Silver Slugger Awards
C Sanchez - Yankees
1B Abreu - White Soxs
2B Altuve - Astros
SS Lindor - Indians
3B Ramirez - Indians
(Edit: Innings don't matter confirmed by Bimbo)
OF Judge - Yankees
OF Trout - Angels
OF Springer - Astros
DH Cruz - Seattle

Gold Glove Award
C Maldando - Angles
1B Santana - Indians
2B Kinsler - Tiger
SS Simmons - Angels
3B Longoria - Rays
OF Buxton - Twins
OF Betts - Red Soxs
OF Gardner - Yankees

Platinum Glove
SS Simmons - Angels

Well what do you guys think? Especially guys like @AZ_ @BimboColesHair @Derek

Last edited:
Well I may as well start this since it may not matter a whole lot, but I wanted to try this anyways. I am going to predict the award winners for baseball!! My AL predictions! I will do my NL like tomorrow in an edit lol

AL MVP: 2B Altuve - Astros
AL Cy Young: Kluber - Indians
AL Manager of the Year: Paul Molitor - Twins
AL Rookie of the Year: RF Aaron Rodgers - Yankees

Silver Slugger Awards
C Sanchez - Yankees
1B Abreu - White Soxs
2B Altuve - Astros
SS Lindor - Indians
3B Moustakas - Royals
OF Judge - Yankees
OF Trout - Angels
OF Springer - Astros
DH Cruz - Seattle

Gold Glove Award
C Maldando - Angles
1B Santana - Indians
2B Kinsler - Tiger
SS Simmons - Angels
3B Longoria - Rays
OF Buxton - Twins
OF Betts - Red Soxs
OF Gardner - Yankees

Platinum Glove
SS Simmons - Angels

Well what do you guys think? Especially guys like @AZ_ @BimboColesHair @Derek

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I really like your pick for AL Rookie of the Year

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I really like your pick for AL Rookie of the Year

I am asking anyones opinion so yours is more than welcomed!

Edit: My autocorrect messed me up, so I fixed that one lol

What do I think?

This right here made me laugh.

My question is the fact does Ramirez qualify as a 3B since he only played 88 games there?

I am not a voter, but it is hard for me to count someone as a 3B if they dont play over 100 games there.

My question is the fact does Ramirez qualify as a 3B since he only played 88 games there?

I am not a voter, but it is hard for me to count someone as a 3B if they dont play over 100 games there.

There is no qualifier for that.

Guys have won Silver Sluggers at positions when they've only played like 200 innings at that spot before.

Jose has played more innings at 3B than 2B this year, and by almost a 200 inning gap. He's going to be a 3B for awards. He smokes Mouth-stakas for that award.

Houston wins. Magic number remains at 1 (after tonight's Indians win)

Just to put you at ease...

Joe Mauer - AL C Silver Slugger in 2013.

75 games as a C, 658 innings played at C.

There is no qualifier for that.

Guys have won Silver Sluggers at positions when they've only played like 200 innings at that spot before.

Jose has played more innings at 3B than 2B this year, and by almost a 200 inning gap. He's going to be a 3B for awards. He smokes Mouth-stakas for that award.

Gotcha! I did my guesses based off of actual amount of time at 3B. If there was a qualifying amount of Innings it would be to Moustakas to take it.

Last edited:
Gotcha! I did my guesses based off of actual amount of time at 3B. If there was a qualifying amount of Innings it would be to Moustakas to take it.

No way Jose isn't put into the 3B pool for award season...

Where else would they put him, if you weren't considering him a 3B?

He's a qualified hitter, that's all that matters with the SS award, so he has to be in a spot...where else could he have gone?

Those are rhetorical questions.

I think Tito gets an award, and so does Kluber.

I'd like to think Ramirez and Lindor end up top 5 in MVP vote.....maybe one wins.

I'd like to think Ramirez and Lindor end up top 5 in MVP vote.....maybe one wins.

No way Tito wins.

Paul Molitor locked all coaches awards up when the Twins clinched.

Kluber is a lock for AL Cy Young.

Indians will have 3 players in the top 10 for MVP voting. None will win though, though I think Kluber does if he doesn't miss those 4 starts.

No way Jose isn't put into the 3B pool for award season...

Where else would they put him, if you weren't considering him a 3B?

He's a qualified hitter, that's all that matters with the SS award, so he has to be in a spot...where else could he have gone?

Those are rhetorical questions.

I get what ya mean, I just wasn't sure about if there was like an AB or inning type of limit to qualify for SS and GG awards. I couldn't see any rules for it, but I felt it was best until I confirmed something from someone who knows more than I do.

What did you think about my Gold Glove winners? I am not as experienced with advanced defensive metrics so I am going by what I felt was right. Sorry I know I am asking you a bunch of question, but I want to learn more if possible from someone who actually knows his stuff.

I get what ya mean, I just wasn't sure about if there was like an AB or inning type of limit to qualify for SS and GG awards. I couldn't see any rules for it, but I felt it was best until I confirmed something from someone who knows more than I do.

What did you think about my Gold Glove winners? I am not as experienced with advanced defensive metrics so I am going by what I felt was right. Sorry I know I am asking you a bunch of question, but I want to learn more if possible from someone who actually knows his stuff.

Not bad.

I think Mauer wins at 1B. Really, can't go wrong with Mauer, Santana, or Moreland...all of them are deserving.

And I'd maybe put Alex Gordon over Brett Gardner, though its hard to overlook a 1.000 fielding percentage.

Not bad.

I think Mauer wins at 1B. Really, can't go wrong with Mauer, Santana, or Moreland...all of them are deserving.

And I'd maybe put Alex Gordon over Brett Gardner, though its hard to overlook a 1.000 fielding percentage.

I didnt think Gardner had the best sabermetrics to me, but like you said its hard to say no to a guy with over 1000 innings without any errors.

Lindor sadly doesnt get top 5 in MVP vote, but Kluber and Ramirez will both likely get votes for top 5.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-15: "Cavs Survive and Advance"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:15: Cavs Survive and Advance