• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Monta Ellis

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tocov

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for us to land Ellis this off season?

He's a tremendous scorer and has a player option in Dallas but will probably opt-out.
Will probably be looking for 10mil+.

Do we have the resources? Would you want him on our team.

Kyrie-Ellis-LBJ-Love-Moz sounds absolutely killer. And provided we keep Shump, JR and Delly - they can provide decent bench push.

So what do you think? Discuss.

I really hope you guys don't forget how good we are when healthy.

We don't need THAT much help. We just gotta be able to keep the roster on the floor and not in suits

He would make us even more dynamic

He's a good 3pt shooter and super explosive on the drive. The options we would have on offense with him joining our big 3 are endless.

Team lacked that other shot creator guard

JR smith cant do it alone since it would be predictable

Oh man, Haywood getting thrown back to Dallas

I'm not big on the contract issues.
Would Dallas possibly be interested in a S&T with Ellis for Haywood (and maybe something else thrown in)?

Monta is a good player but a back-court of Kyrie and Monta is a recipe for disaster defensively. People criticize Ky's defense. Monta would make Kyrie look like Scottie Pippen.

Terrible fit with this team. Wants to much money, demands shots when we already have Kyrie, Love, and LeBron, and isn't that good of a defender.

Take some time and get familiar with the salary cap and rules.

Team lacked that other shot creator guard

JR smith cant do it alone since it would be predictable

Oh man, Haywood getting thrown back to Dallas

Haywood cant go back to Dallas for the length of the contract. You guys really need to spend a few days learning the cap and CBA.

I have said earlier in this thread that I'm not really swimming in the contract issues and such. I tried reading up on the subject several times but it is just so boring to me that my ADD doesn't let me to even begin to grasp what is going on with all the rules etc.

That is exactly why I asked if it is at all possible.

Anyway, we can do a three-way trade sending Haywood to a different team, them giving something to DAL and us getting a S&T with Monta. The specifics of the deal are not really important as much as what do you guys think about Ellis playing on our team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."