• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mullens Declares For Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mattocsd

Rookie
Reaction score
I know this is no great shock but it still frustrates me regardless. Is anyone starting to feel bad for Matta? Or is he doing the right thing, i.e. recruiting players that he knows will be "one and done"? I mean what else is he supposed to do, right?

And is it me or should Lauderdale and Mullens have seen more court time together?

I also wonder why Kenny Frease of Xavier (Perry H.S.) wasnt recruited, seemingly at all, by the Buckeyes. At least he would of come back for a sophmore season.

OSU just keeps losing players to the draft, year after year.

Although I'd love BJ on the Cavs as a replacement for Z but I doubt he will be available whenever we draft.

Easy to bash on the guy but his family is very poor and was living in a homeless shelter recently I believe.

I'd probably cash in too even if it likely means sacrificing my development.

Easy to bash on the guy but his family is very poor and was living in a homeless shelter recently I believe.

I'd probably cash in too even if it likely means sacrificing my development.
Not sure we were really "bashing" him.

Thad Matta did everything he could to keep the kid for more then one year short of hitting his knee with a pipe wrench. He is more NBA ready then what he was allowed to show in college.

Thad Matta did everything he could to keep the kid for more then one year short of hitting his knee with a pipe wrench. He is more NBA ready then what he was allowed to show in college.

while matta could have done more for his development the reasons bj didnt play as much as he should have was because of his poor defense and rebounding.he was very lazy on defense and showed no desire to box out when going up for a rebound and for some reason tipped the ball instead of squeezing it with his hands when going up for a rebound.

he has alot of work to do to even be a decent nba player.he will probably be riding the bench and playing in the nbadl for at least the first few years.the team that drafts him will have to be very patient and work hard with him if they want to develop him into a solid nba player.

i wanted to also add that matta did not use him as well as he should have done.he didnt give bj enough touches in the post but when he did bj showed very little post moves.the majority of his baskets were dunks and layups. if he was not spoon fed the ball real close he wasnt gonna score.he needs to develop some post moves and work on his shot.the very times he tried a jumper it wasnt pretty.

i wish him well and do not blame him for leaving so he could get the money to help out his family.i think with alot of work he can be a good nba player but just do not expect him to come in and do well right away.

I think we should try to move up to about 15 and steal him if he is still available. I remember when he came to Illinois (where I go to school) and I was watching him warm up from the first row, he threw down some crazy dunks in warmups, extremely athletic. Also, he had a very nice 15-17 foot jump shot, of course there was no one on him in warm ups, but he was making them with a lot of consistency. In a 2-3 years when he develops a front line of LBJ, JJ, and BJ could be the best 3-5 combo in the league. And with Delonte and Mo in the backcourt, we wouldn't be too shabby there, either.

The sad fact is the draft class is so awful Mullens made the right call.

Especially given his family situation.

For the poster that said why Frease wasnt recruited by Ohio state.

The coach at Perry where Frease came from had offers from ohio state once a week. ( i know this cause i graduated with frease in his class and i helped out the basketball team and got the coaches mail)

The reason Frease chose Xavier over Ohio state or Michigan State was because i believe he said that the coach at Xavier recruited him since 9th grade or something like that.

Ok on mullens, I really really wished he woulda stayed because i think he could have developed into a very very good player for Ohio state. I think hell be in good in the Nba in a few years but if he woulda stayed in college for 1 or 2 more years it could have helped his game and his draft stock IMo.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."