• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA betting thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David.

Radical Centrist
Reaction score
surprised there isnt a thread on this yet.

i dont bet, too conservative, but I like to make picks.

i wanna see how well we do as a board. maybe we can help some people make money..

Im starting bets for all games.. Based on ESPN's line (espn.go.com/nba/scoreboard), take your picks for the day's games.

only bet one the ones youre certain if youd like. Ill keep a tally.

Today:

Suns
Pacers (-10

Spurs (-7)
Pistons

Boston (-1.5
Knicks

Rockets
Grizzlies (-1.5

Bulls (-3
Bucks

Thunder (-10
Twolves

Cavs (-5.5
Mavs

Pelicans (-3
Lakers

I take:

pacers, spurs, boston, grizz, bulls, thunder, and pelicans. Pass on the cavs game.

Post when you bet again, and tag me. Ive done pretty well the 3 years ive been betting on NBA.

Agree on the thread, great idea.

We should post when we make bets, but it must be before the game.

I went 2-5 last night, and thats being generous as I think i wrote down the pacers incorrectly in this thread.

Tonights games:

Hawks -2.5
hornets

bucks
wizards -5.5

knicks -4
nets

pacers
celtics -3.5

timberwolves
rockets -8

mavericks
thunder -10.5

warriors -9.5
nuggest

jazz
blazers -2.5

ppelicans
kings -8.5

heat
clippers -5.5

Im taking

atlanta
wizards
knicks
pacers
wolves
mavericks

blazers
kings
clippers

bolded are ones I feel best about.

@bigfoot5415 @natedagg @gourimoko

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch it because it's a big game against pop and he's a wild card in these situations.
The spread seems to favor the Cavs. But the risk inherent in betting always makes me sway against it. I do want to start getting into it a bit more though.

If you like gambling/basketball, you all need to follow Haralabob Voulgaris on twitter. Probably my favorite follow (@haralabob)

Must have been a ton of action on the Cavs to get the line to move that much
Possible for sure. But in general, the W's production is down and the Cavs are up. The lines against weak opponents are still big for the W's, but the gaps have been closing in the heated matchups.

Also o/u is at 209. Sounds like they expect it to be played at a Warriors pace.

Anyone else want to post lines today?

I went 4-5 last time which brings me to 6-10. I'm realizing there some teams you just don't bet on because they're so inconsistent

Possible for sure. But in general, the W's production is down and the Cavs are up. The lines against weak opponents are still big for the W's, but the gaps have been closing in the heated matchups.

Also o/u is at 209. Sounds like they expect it to be played at a Warriors pace.

I'm just saying that if it opened as a pick 'em, they'd only move the line if they were getting a lot of action on one side compared to the other.

Sounds like the Cavs are a favorite of the bettors at this point in time, which echoes your sentiments about both team's recent trends.

Anyone else want to post lines today?

I went 4-5 last time which brings me to 6-10. I'm realizing there some teams you just don't bet on because they're so inconsistent

Inconsistency hurts. This season I have stayed away from Houston, LAC (until recently), Wizards & memphis. All of which were big winners for me last year. I personally will bet 2-3 games a night at a low amount ($5-10), possibly bet big on one depending on matchup ($25), and a small parlay (price varies by # of games for me).

Philly (-10.5)
Pistons (-3)...unless of course Butler explodes, but id have to imagine Detroit will be coming off a high from beating GSW.
The over for Boston v Dallas at 203 looks pretty good. I would also consider (but not lock) our under of 209.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."