• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA Gambling Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bigfoot5415

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread already devoted to NBA gambling, but couldnt find it. IMO, the NBA is the best sport to gamble on because the teams you can count on winning usually do. There are far less upsets in the NBA. Not to mention its a great sport to bet on for day to day action. Unlike everyone's favorites CFB & NFL. I had a pretty big Friday night, and was able to roll over some of my winnings into Saturday and it allowed me to be pretty aggressive.

I wanted to use this thread as a place we could discuss our bets for the day and track how everyone is doing. I bolded my locks.

11/14 Action
Boston (-5) vs NOH + Under 212.5
NOH is pretty bad, and Davis is a little banged up from Saturday. Not only do I think NOH will struggle to score, but BOS should run away with this one pretty early. It was my biggest lock, but my site doesn't have the game listed anymore.

Thunder (ML) vs DET (Under 205)
Drummond is out tonight & Westbrook lost by a buzzer beater last night. OKC should take this. I feel pretty good about the under of 205 as well. DET plays good D at home, and I believe only gives up 89 ppg.

Houston vs 76ers Over 213
Houston should run with this, but Philly has been competitive in spots. When they are in games, they are high scoring. Neither team plays D, so it should be a up & down game. HOU is also giving up -11.5 tonight. While tempting, I have gone Philly with big spreads and benefitted.

Spurs vs Heat Under 193.5
Low scoring. Heat suck and the Spurs D will crack down on their second shot at them. I expect Whiteside to be put in check.

Jazz (ML) vs MEM + Under 191
This was my biggest toss up, but the Jazz have been playing good ball. I can overlook Favors & Hill being a GTD.

LAC vs BKN Over 212
The 16 pt spread is tempting, but I'm staying away from it. BKN hasnt been terrible, but they haven't been average. They are a 25+ win team tops. I do like the over though. I expect a combined score in the 220s.

ORL (+7.5) at IND
PG13 is a game time decision. Magic will atleast keep it close, I could see them out right winning, but ill settle on the points.

Mods feel free to merge with another NBA gambling thread if I missed it. Thank you.

Finally

I appreciate the inclusion of over under as well

Just got started on the NBA. Just above .500 myself. Constantly learning

Any other tips?

Finally

I appreciate the inclusion of over under as well

Just got started on the NBA. Just above .500 myself. Constantly learning

Any other tips?
The only tip I have is don't follow me lol. It is a bad night. Funny that most of my bets were backed around the Internet on other sites I visit. It was just one of those nights.

I do the NBA every so often. Picking a winner is more volatile than playing the points over/under. If you get in early on an injury tip, you can make some money on unexpected wins or covers. Just got back from Vegas yesterday and I did much better at NBA than college football.

I pick ny, Milwaukee and phi tonight

I like the Knicks getting 5.5 and the over of 202. Milwaukee in the ML. The sixers getting 12 is a solid bet to.

I like the Knicks getting 5.5 and the over of 202. Milwaukee in the ML. The sixers getting 12 is a solid bet to.
People don't seem to get Miami is tanking yet

That and they are terrible to begin with. I'd wager Philly and NOP finish with better records than them.

I did a full league analysis on here somewhere, I had Brooklyn Philly and then them iirc..

I still put them ahead of new Orleans and Phoenix

For the record I take Sam Antonio and clippers

Houston
Golden state
Clippers
Hawks

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-15: "Cavs Survive and Advance"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:15: Cavs Survive and Advance