• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NCAA Tourney

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else a little nervous about Xavier today? Not only are they a pretty good team, but they will likely have a home court-like advantage. I'm hearing Xavier is just as well represented as OSU out there, and the fans of all the other teams will be rooting against the Buckeyes. Sounds like it would be helpful if the Buckeyes could start strong and take the crowd out of the game.

Oh yeah, it doesn't help either that many of the Xavier kids are Ohio boys who were passed over by OSU, and have something to prove. I'm officially a little worried. The Buckeyes better come to play.

We know Lavender wasn't passed over by the Buckeyes at least. He had a chance to come here but went to Oklahoma and then chose Xavier over us again.

It could be a decent game - but we should win. We just have a lot more talent than they do. I expect a 10-15 point victory...hopefully.

Obviously, Ohio State should win. They're the #1 team in the country; however, I could see them losing. Currently up by 1 nineteen minutes in, so my nervousness appears to be justified.

Last edited:
i think you will pull this one out, but i think UVA or UT could pose problems for you down the road.

Xavier is tough...and it helps that OSU shoots the ball too much for Xavier as well.

OSU has never been known for their basketball fans, they are pretty fair weather when it comes to hoops. Since the proximity is closer to Xavier's base and southern Ohio is probably not a big OSU market anyways, they could help Xavier.

I havent watched any of the game, but if OSU wants to live by the three they will probably lose. When they realize they have the Shaq of the NCAA, they will win.

Ohio State is no longer attacking with 8 minutes left. Xavier is. We have to start pushing the ball and using our assets on offense.

We're starting to force and they hit about 4 3's in a row.

if OSU plays smart for the last 5 minutes, they can mount a comeback, Xavier is pretty dumb for running the clock down. This is a great game though. And if OSU loses, everyones bracket will be screwed up.

OSU got VERY lucky in this game, cant continue to play like this or they will be beat by a team who can hold a lead.

and why does the OSU forum get so quiet when they are losing? this happened with the BCS, and now everyone is MIA when they were down...

I think everyone was biting their nails and watching the game intently I know I was...

Go Buckeyes

Yeah everyone starts watching the games more.

I can't even really post right now. What a game.

That shot by Lewis will be legendary, and we did it without Oden!

I'm alone in this house, and my throats killing me from screaming for a good (lieterally) 15 seconds after that shot and others.

What a game.

GO BUCKEYES!

This is why I love seasons, because even with a loss, there are still moments like this that are truly awsome.

Wasnt it lewis that made the shot against tenesse? man on man I was scared when it got to 9 points with a couple minutes left.

Now we have until Thursday to hear people crying about Oden's foul. Hard...yes. Intentional...no. The ball was right where he fouled the kid. It's not intentional when you are going for the ball. Besides, in obvious fouling situations, the refs almost never call an intentional.

naw, he was going for the ball, i dont think anyone is complaining about that. i mean what more was going to come from it? dude still had to hit his freethrows regardless.

After watching this game, I really think Oden would benefit from another year. He just isn't consistent enough on the offensive side of the ball yet. He takes shots hes not comfortable with and late in the game he was standing out on the perimeter trying to set screens but then he wasn't rolling to the hoop at all. At times, the team looked better without him on the floor - especially in overtime. Xavier played their hearts out and almost pulled off the upset of the tourney. I really hope this game inspires us to play a lot better our next game - cause if we don't we are gonna lose.

I didn't post right away because I had plans to go bowling right after - sorry I'm not on the forums 24/7 like someone James...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."