• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NIT Season Tip-Off

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BlueSeats626

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox
Reaction score
Well played game on both ends of the court. 'Cuse missed alot of good looks from the perimeter, but Koufos and Hunter made it tough inside. Zero points for Johnny Flynn was nice.

Koufos dominated this game and is probably better than advertised if possible. He hit his 3pters, made a couple great passes and some highlight reel blocks.

I liked Deibler's aggressive ballhandling and we all know how prolific his shooting can be.

Butler played like you would expect a senior pg to play. Good decision making, good ball handling, and clutch shooting.

Would be great if Lighty could establish himself as another scorer. Four turnovers. When he botched that dunk, the first thought in my mind was Oden's botched monster from the Final Four. I didn't realize Lighty had that kind of extension.

Othello Hunter looked more aggressive than I remember at all last season. Had the highlight reel block of the game, I really like the way our front court is looking.

If I had to have a complaint, I think we needed to cut down on the offensive rebounds given up on defense. But overall a nice combination of an inside/outside game. Way more balance than last year's team. Looking foward to the Aggies on Friday!

Re: Random thoughts from the Syracuse game

Game Summary: http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=2308

I watched some of the Green Bay game, but this was the first I watched from start to finish and had a chance to hit the replay button (repeatedly) and analyse. Needless to say, I was happy. They thumped the #21 team in the country, in a very hostile environment.

Koufos was amazing. He had the whole package going in this one. Now I don't expect him to be this good every game, but he looks like a lottery pick to me, which sadly means he will be one and done (barring injury, which I don't want either). I guess I will have to give him the Oden treatment, and just enjoy him in the scarlet and gray while I can.

Butler was also phenominal. Saying he "played like you would expect a senior pg to play" is not giving him credit enough. While Koufos will surely be the star of the team, Butler will be the glue. You're looking at a guy who was IMO the mvp of the team two years ago that was conference champs, and now he's even better. There is a reason he was voted preseason 1st team all Big Ten.

I think Deibler was my most pleasant suprise of the game. Even though he averaged over 40 a game and scored over 70 in one game in high school, a certain some one said he was trash and would be lucky to score a point in college, as his game didn't translate to this level. I just don't see it. Now, his shots weren't always falling, but you know he can shoot, and I saw a guy who could make his own shot. He was taking guards off the dribble and getting good looks at the hole, taking guys off the dribble and doing the drive and dish, I saw him getting good looks coming off screens, and so on. I also so him get a charge off a speedy point guard on the perimeter, so maybe he can defend at this level some as well. Will his game translate to the NBA? That I don't know, but I think he will have a nice 4 year career in Columbus.

I think Lighty is a roleplayer. A very good role-player, but a role-player none the less. Many are talking about him stepping up and being a star on this team, since he and Hunter are the only remaining members of the Thad Five, but I don't see it. Maybe in a couple years, but not now.

Impressive win. Dielbler looked like Larry Hughes but I think it was a one game type thing. Hunter has come sooooooo far from the first game against Florida.

OSU loses convincingly to A&M: http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=2315

Always nice when an entire team goes cold. You would think that eventually one of Koufos's 3 footers would have to drop, I'm talking a three freakin footer here, but no, he missed like 10 straight.

To many missed layups. It was not meant to be, however we know that this team team isnt an unranked one.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."