• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Official death of unlimited Verizon internet

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
They put out a press release on the 21st. Anyone using more than 100 GBs a month on an unlimited data plan is being forced to change plans or be disconnected on August 31st.

Needless to say, I got my letter in the mail today.

Fuck Verizon.

To celebrate, I'm downloading every torrent that gets released on my fav private tracker. Going for 2 TBs in a month. Fuckers.

They put out a press release on the 21st. Anyone using more than 100 GBs a month on an unlimited data plan is being forced to change plans or be disconnected on August 31st.

Needless to say, I got my letter in the mail today.

Fuck Verizon.

To celebrate, I'm downloading every torrent that gets released on my fav private tracker. Going for 2 TBs in a month. Fuckers.

Verizon is like that company standing there holding their dicks and thinking it is like the early 2000s again and about to piss a bunch of people off when there is much cheap unlimited data plans out there. RIP Verizon you won't be missed.

I just can't wait until Google Fiber gets to my neighborhood so I can give Time Warner the "fuck you" call. That's going to be a fucking glorious day.

Why use Verizon?

Had them for years, only company with decent service around the area.

Upfront costs to switch always stopped me from switching. But looks like I have to go to Sprint, and get home internet again...

I just can't wait until Google Fiber gets to my neighborhood so I can give Time Warner the "fuck you" call. That's going to be a fucking glorious day.

You mean Spectrum?

Can't blame them. Unlimited data was created in the early 2000's for your cell phone. It wasn't created for home high speed internet.

@Man Called X are you under contract? Apparently people receiving these letters aren't under contract.

Last edited:
Can't blame them. Unlimited data was created in the early 2000's for your cell phone not created for home high speed internet.

@Man Called X are you under contract? Apparently people receiving these letters aren't under contract.

No one with unlimited data from Verizon is still under contract. They stopped offering in it in 2011.

As to not blaming them because of what unlimited data was intended for...

I paid for unlimited data. I paid for unlimited tethering. So that's EXACTLY what the service was intended for.

You've had cable companies arguing that LTE was a viable alternative.

What this boils down to is Verizon deciding that if they weren't making 10000% profit off a customer, they didn't want that customer anymore. Even super heavy data users like me were still profitable to Verizon, just not at the margins they want.

They also didn't like the FCC telling them they couldn't throttle LTE data.

No one with unlimited data from Verizon is still under contract. They stopped offering in it in 2011.

As to not blaming them because of what unlimited data was intended for...

I paid for unlimited data. I paid for unlimited tethering. So that's EXACTLY what the service was intended for.

You've had cable companies arguing that LTE was a viable alternative.

What this boils down to is Verizon deciding that if they weren't making 10000% profit off a customer, they didn't want that customer anymore. Even super heavy data users like me were still profitable to Verizon, just not at the margins they want.

They also didn't like the FCC telling them they couldn't throttle LTE data.
Apparently you can get under contract again by ordering through Best Buy, destroying the new SIM card before turning the phone on and using your current SIM card in the new phone.

https://slickdeals.net/f/6964624-upgrade-and-keep-your-unlimited-data-with-verizon

Apparently you can get under contract again by ordering through Best Buy, destroying the new SIM card before turning the phone on and using your current SIM card in the new phone.

https://slickdeals.net/f/6964624-upgrade-and-keep-your-unlimited-data-with-verizon

Oh well. I pay $150 a month for my single line. Going to Sprint will put that at $85 or so. What I save there I'll just get home internet again. I just have to own all my equipment, so that'll set me back a bit initially.

Are we talking cell phones?

Is boost the only provider left with unlimited 4g?

Verizon was the only one left with unlimited 4G, that did not throttle after a set amount of data right? Most of the other unlimited drop to 3G or lower I think after you hit a threshold.

Verizon was the only one left with unlimited 4G, that did not throttle after a set amount of data right? Most of the other unlimited drop to 3G or lower I think after you hit a threshold.

Correct. Although Sprint only throttles in areas that hit peak congestion.

Sprint around here doesn't throttle even over 27 GBs because the network is so underutilized.

Are we talking cell phones?

Is boost the only provider left with unlimited 4g?

T-Mobile throttles past 21 GB but has some kind of "Binge" option that doesn't count certain streaming media sites against you.

T-Mobile throttles past 21 GB but has some kind of "Binge" option that doesn't count certain streaming media sites against you.
Only for T-Mobile contract plans. Prepaid is limited to like 10gb at 4g.

My credit score is 600 for the next two years

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."