• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OFFICIAL RCF FANTASY SEASON THREAD

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP

1997-98 Armco Heating & Cooling Hornet
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents-

The annual RCF Fantasy Hoops League is up and running...

Small Disclaimer: Now, what I would really like is to get 13 other Fantasy competitors that will be willing to put in the time and effort to actually manage their teams...

It doesn't take much to click on and actually adjust your rosters to make it competitive... For as much as I like guys like cdt, and TrueCavsFans, you guys know after about a week or two into the season and your teams are not on top, your teams are on autopilot all season long...:chuckles:

This is what i want to avoid...Not saying that I don't want you guys in the league or anything along those lines, I just want to make sure if anyone is joining, they will take the time to make the small commitment to make the league competitive and fair for all the competitors... I've been guilty of this in the past, but that was when I was duped into joining one of those whack rotizzz leagues...Doesn't make it right, but I just want to avoid it...

So, if anyone who wants to join feels that they really can't manage their team throughout the course of the season, please don't ask for a spot and allow someone else to join who can handle it...

Alright, with that said, we have 13 spots up for grabs... There's not a favorite system here, however, there are some posters who have been players for awhile, and are regulars for the league..They know who they are, and they are in if they want..

Would like to have some veteran posters in the league, but also would like to get some new blood in there as well...Especially those that have been with us for most of the year..

I'm going to make Karma my co-captain in this (so I guess there's 12 spots), and we'll do our best to come up with a group of players who will do their best to make the league competitive...

So, there's no need to slam myself or Karma with PM's-- if you're interested in reserving a spot in this league, please let it be known in this thread, and we'll see to it that we get a strong group this year..

Just to give you a little info on the league prior to asking for a spot, here's the run down..If you're on board, let me know... If it's not the league for you, that's fine as well..

(Keep in mind, draft time as well as some other things could potentially be changed by majority rule..)

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Wed Oct 22 8:15pm EDT (just a random time, we'll discuss a time that's best for most)

Max Teams: 14

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 5, 2009

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Re: 08-09 Official RCF Fantasy League

If you don't invite the great Randolphkeys, you are offically living in terror of my knowledge. '04, '05, '07... I took gold. I took bronze in '06 because I was in love. Just letting you know.

Last edited:

I've participated in a couple of Yahoo H2H leagues the past few years. However, they have all been with guys that I work with, several of which aren't the most knowledgeable BB fans. I'm not saying that I am a star manager by any stretch (I've never won a H2H league, at least in basketball), but I would like the opportunity to be in a league where everyone has an idea on what they are doing. At the very least, I would provide the RCF Fantasy veterans a rookie to beat up on.

Thanks for your consideration.

I called my spot last year. I'm in like flint Mr Pipster. Finally a league where people will be active!

Id love to be in, I understand there are people who have been here longer that may be selected over me and i am ok with that too.

If you need someone just send me a pm with the info.

Is this the league I'm in already, LePIP?

If not, you know I'm good for rockin my roster.

Yes it is, Chi...

I'm in. Joined just a few months back but I think I'm pretty active..

I'd love to be in, although I'm not well-known on this board, so I understand if it doesn't happen.

I would like to be in this league.

how do you join?

I'm in...definitely need to actually keep a league active for once.

I'm in. For evidence of my character and consistency...I didn't play last year cause I didn't feel I'd have the time to do it.

I did play the year before and in spite of finishing in the bottom half of the league, I was religious with making trades and keeping my lineup current.

Hoorays for the invite Pipster. I welcome all challengers to be dominated by me. Any of you CMB guys would know me as the #2 guy last year, Lemur in the 20 team H2H league for that forum. Artest whining about his thumb screwed me out of my championship, I will not be stuck with him again this year. So watch out.

I sure would be active with my line up, and I would be in it to win it!
I have been in a Yahoo league 2 of last 3 years, but don't have any league this year.
Let me know!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."