• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ohio High School Basketball Tournament

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sjhughes

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
Hey, how is everyone doing..I just thought I would come on here and see if any of our members went down to this basketball tournament. Over the last six years my dad and I have been going and it has been one of the best experiences of my life. This is an event that I look forward to throughout the entire year and I wanted to come on here and recommend it to my fellow high school basketball lovers.

Basically you get to watch twelve games for the weekend with a little over an hour in between games. What my dad and i do is park by the baseball field, set up shop and we tailgate with many others groups who go down yearly. This equals great guy time, drinking and awesome tailgate food.

I figured I would give everyone a heads up on this tournament and let people know it is a pretty sweet time and you get to see awesome basketball. I would love to hear input from other posters who also make the trip.

Yep

My dad and I have been doing this for years, its always been a great time. We dont make it to as many games as we used to, mostly because of my work schedule. I went to OSU and we started doing this my freshman year.

Now we usually make a game on Friday, hit up City BBQ for dinner, get up Saturday morning and go to the first couple games, skip the 3rd and go to Brazenhead then go back for the D1 title game.

We have some friends that tailgate over at St Johns parking lot that we stop at if we have time, we used to go to the VC between games but that place has gotten too damn crowded anymore.

Me and some friends went to the D2 and D1 champhionship games last year and might do it again this year. We might have to go to the second and third game this year because the D1 game was boring as hell. The crowd was only parents and was smaller than a girls game. They don't get into it like small towns do.

anyone know of some players to look out for that will most likely make it to Columbus?

Last edited:
Toledo St. John's Jesuit lost in District semifinal. Was hoping to see Marc Loving.

same here really disappointing...cant wait for the state weekend to get her though there are a few really good teams in the state which should make the tournament interesting..

Anyone to look out for this year besides Harris and Bragg?

Derek Funderburk and Kipper Nichols from St. Ed's are future D1 guys. So are Xeyrius Williams, Ahmad Wagner and Trey Landers from Huber Heights Wayne, and Derrick Pardon from VASJ.

I caught st. Eds vs shaker heights game about 3 weeks ago. It could have been a replay but going from PIAA A and AA games to that game was amazing. The size and athleticism. Man! What a great game too.

Cleveland Central Catholic (D-2) has a stacked team. Tervell Beck is a legit D-1 talent, but it's far from a 1 man show.

Cleveland Central Catholic (D-2) has a stacked team. Tervell Beck is a legit D-1 talent, but it's far from a 1 man show.

My alma mater (and Earl Boykins', FYI). Haven't seen him play, but have heard great things about Antwon Lillard as well. Not sure if he's a D-1 talent or not, though.

Some of the guys from Wayne are football guys to watch as well. That St. Ed's team is crazy talented as well.

Really miss going down there to check out the action, that really is such a great sports weekend. Had the opportunity to play in in it back in my high school days and attend in the years before I moved away.

Hope everyone heading down there enjoys it as much as I did.

Also, upon some research, Beck has interest from Pitt, Dayton, Xavier, UNLV, Oregon, WVU, Clemson, Iowa, FSU, Iowa State, Arizona St, & LSU.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."